Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 144
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    It gets worse Shawn James has been ragging on Marvel and DC well mainly DC for mismanaging their respective brands for years already but he's just as bad as them since he sabotaged his own credibility by reviewing movies before they even come out. And giving hardly well thought out arguments for his beliefs. And he doesn't even realise this.
    Okay, I won't use this guy as an information source for sure, then.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    It still doesn't stop some fans from getting into the entertainment business and in their enthusiasm they make things worse because they can't think objectively. So that's why the quality of comics tends to be very debatable.
    While there are times that I don't think it works (I'm not a fan of Dan Slott's Spider-Man stuff, for example), there are cases where I think it does; director Justin Lin has gone on record as having enjoyed watching Star Trek: The Original Series with his family growing up and the Trek movie he directed, Star Trek Beyond arguably captured the spirit of the franchise best of the reboot movies series. Claudia Gray, a self-professed Star Wars fan, has been one of the better recurring Star Wars novelists in recent years. I suspect, like anything, it's a case by case basis.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Oh I heard about his issues with Renew Your Vows #7 and I'm pretty sure the writer only rushed the ending to set up the Venom story. Because if the plan was to do some sort of feminist plan Jean Grey would not have been knocked out.
    Fair points. I think that Ernst has dropped the series (he hasn't brought it up again on in his reviews since), which is his right, even if i disagree with his reasons. Actually, I do think that the latter issues of the Conway/Stegman run seemed to suffer from rushed endings, esp. the finale with the Megazord Goblin. Maybe Venom wasn't the only thing that the Marvel brass wanted Conway and Stegman to do? (Personally, the Venom story has been my favorite of the series so far.)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    But I have to say though Renew Your Vows has gone downhill because under subsequent writer Peter grew more passive. Under Ryan Stegman Peter actually asked Mary Jane on what to do in contrast to how Peter took charge of the situation in the original mini-series. Now under Jody Houser the story has devolved into a 90's sitcom style book which is very unnerving.
    Can't say I've been bothered by the series thus far in general (a few weak endings aside); if memory serves, the Coney Island story was largely about Annie learning things from Peter (and the original mini did have MJ be the voice of reason when their cover was first blown). Fair enough if things haven't been to your liking, though. I will concede that, while I'm not bothered by the series yet, I don't think that I've been enjoying the flash forward as much as the original batch of stories and that the RYV series in general is not my favorite comic in publication right now. Hopefully, it'll pick up soon.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  2. #107
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Okay, I won't use this guy as an information source for sure, then.
    He's not bad for bizarre laffs. Like DD said, his clueless is truly astounding.

  3. #108
    Concerned Citizen Citizen Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Amongst the people
    Posts
    392

    Default

    It's hard to say, but I imagine there will be more people with superhero burnout after Infinity War ends. Personally, I'd eat up pretty much anything superhero related; I'm still waiting for several characters to appear in both cinematic universes.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 03-13-2018 at 01:31 PM.

  4. #109
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    324

    Default

    I have noticed a superhero burnout by my friends. It definitley started when superheroes got their own shows on TV. Arrow, FLash, Gotham, Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage, Agens of Shield and so on and so on...no one can keep up with all that stuff.

    My buddy gave up on Arrow and all that shows because it dragged on too long. You can tell the story of Arrow in less than half the episodes. It was too boring for him. (for me too, by the way)

    Its superheros everywhere, in between Star Wars, Star Trek Discovery and all that cool stuff like Stranger Things...we live in an age of overexposure.

  5. #110
    Chosen One Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    18,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I have noticed a superhero burnout by my friends. It definitley started when superheroes got their own shows on TV. Arrow, FLash, Gotham, Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage, Agens of Shield and so on and so on...no one can keep up with all that stuff.
    For me it is less burnout and more that there are more superhero tv shows now than the total number of tv shows I have time to watch. I still have to get around to watch the final few episodes of Star Trek Disco and all of Stranger Things.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

  6. #111
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Yeah ,thats exactly my problem, too.

    I want to watch everything and i would, but i cant...not enough time.

    And the shows are running on different platforms, so i have to have them all....thats crazy...

  7. #112
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    4,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Okay, I won't use this guy as an information source for sure, then.
    I agree Shawn James is a bad joke but what surprises me is that he is a good writer and I have lifted some concepts from him for my fanfiction and original work. If he actually used his brain more he'd be taken seriously. In fact he's the inspiration for a clueless conspiracy nut who find useful clues but he has none of the brains to realise this. So at least he has some uses despite being a semi-reliable source of information.


    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While there are times that I don't think it works (I'm not a fan of Dan Slott's Spider-Man stuff, for example), there are cases where I think it does; director Justin Lin has gone on record as having enjoyed watching Star Trek: The Original Series with his family growing up and the Trek movie he directed, Star Trek Beyond arguably captured the spirit of the franchise best of the reboot movies series. Claudia Gray, a self-professed Star Wars fan, has been one of the better recurring Star Wars novelists in recent years. I suspect, like anything, it's a case by case basis.
    Yeah it's though I learned the hard way that whatever a creator says might not match up to their works so I prefer to take the more cautious approach when I hear people say they're big fans of a franchise. At least until I have been proven otherwise.



    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Fair points. I think that Ernst has dropped the series (he hasn't brought it up again on in his reviews since), which is his right, even if i disagree with his reasons. Actually, I do think that the latter issues of the Conway/Stegman run seemed to suffer from rushed endings, esp. the finale with the Megazord Goblin. Maybe Venom wasn't the only thing that the Marvel brass wanted Conway and Stegman to do? (Personally, the Venom story has been my favorite of the series so far.)
    Well yeah at least Ernst won't be saturating his reviews of Renew Your Vows with his politics. The Venom story was the only story Stegman did that was more well done and had a decently characterised Peter unlike the Megazord Goblin one which had a very lackluster fight an poorly done Peter I'm at a lost as to why Stegman changed gears so suddenly. I'm also puzzled as to why Conway left the title so quickly when he barely started.


    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Can't say I've been bothered by the series thus far in general (a few weak endings aside); if memory serves, the Coney Island story was largely about Annie learning things from Peter (and the original mini did have MJ be the voice of reason when their cover was first blown). Fair enough if things haven't been to your liking, though. I will concede that, while I'm not bothered by the series yet, I don't think that I've been enjoying the flash forward as much as the original batch of stories and that the RYV series in general is not my favorite comic in publication right now. Hopefully, it'll pick up soon.
    You must have more patience for this series than I do. Yes Annie did learn something from her father on Coney island before the story changed gears to make Peter and Annie look like children. And Mary jane was the voice of reason when thier cover was blown in the mini-series but that was more well done because Mary Jane didn't undercut Peter and I wish to see more that. To be honest I'm not such a fan of the fast forward direction either because I woudl rather see Annie grow and learn instead of her having to skip all those interesting development no one got to see with Mayday Parker.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  8. #113
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I agree Shawn James is a bad joke but what surprises me is that he is a good writer and I have lifted some concepts from him for my fanfiction and original work. If he actually used his brain more he'd be taken seriously. In fact he's the inspiration for a clueless conspiracy nut who find useful clues but he has none of the brains to realise this. So at least he has some uses despite being a semi-reliable source of information.
    So, more critical thinking and he'd be going places, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeah it's though I learned the hard way that whatever a creator says might not match up to their works so I prefer to take the more cautious approach when I hear people say they're big fans of a franchise. At least until I have been proven otherwise.
    Yeah, at the end of the day, neither fans nor non-fans have monopolies on good or bad writing.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well yeah at least Ernst won't be saturating his reviews of Renew Your Vows with his politics.
    I suppose, although I've found that everything with him is political. But he has the right to say that, as much as we have the rights to agree or disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The Venom story was the only story Stegman did that was more well done and had a decently characterised Peter unlike the Megazord Goblin one which had a very lackluster fight an poorly done Peter I'm at a lost as to why Stegman changed gears so suddenly.
    Wasn't RYV Stegman's first time? Maybe he got off to a rough start, or it was just the inevitable thing that everyone does poor work sometimes.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I'm also puzzled as to why Conway left the title so quickly when he barely started.
    There was a podcast that did a patron-exclusive interview which addressed this.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You must have more patience for this series than I do. Yes Annie did learn something from her father on Coney island before the story changed gears to make Peter and Annie look like children. And Mary jane was the voice of reason when thier cover was blown in the mini-series but that was more well done because Mary Jane didn't undercut Peter and I wish to see more that.
    Fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    To be honest I'm not such a fan of the fast forward direction either because I woudl rather see Annie grow and learn instead of her having to skip all those interesting development no one got to see with Mayday Parker.
    I think I agree. Never read Spider-Girl, but planning to start when those upcoming Complete Collection volumes are released, because of really liking the RYV series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  9. #114
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    4,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, more critical thinking and he'd be going places, huh?
    Pretty much his blog is full of stuff that's only half true or does indeed make sense and one of the places he wants to go to is to the comic book industry where he hopes to get into and he has tried multiple times to the point I feel sorry for him. But Shawn James hopes to one day be editor in chief because he believes he understands the business of publishing better than the current heads and even wrote this plan of what he will do to restructure and save DC Comics as well try to make their mainline comics more appealing to children to build cultivate new readers. But I am glad he isn't in it because he's a self publisher and as one he is responsible for his own brand which is himself and if he can't manage his own brand well him being editor in chief is not for him.


    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, at the end of the day, neither fans nor non-fans have monopolies on good or bad writing.
    That's true I just wish these big companies would hire those who are fans and have the talent and willingness to think objectively but even that is hard to find out.



    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I suppose, although I've found that everything with him is political. But he has the right to say that, as much as we have the rights to agree or disagree.
    Yeah well folk like Ernst shouldn't hav eto keep talking about his politics if he wants to review books because in an age where entertainment is constantly politicised the last anyone should do is constantly politicise what they see when there might not be any politics at work. It's just not good for business.


    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wasn't RYV Stegman's first time? Maybe he got off to a rough start, or it was just the inevitable thing that everyone does poor work sometimes.
    Yeah it was but it's obvious compared to his skill as an artist Stegman should just stick to drawing because the Venom story had a dubious start by having Mary Jane go to Oscorp for help despite knowing it's a shady place but the ending while weak was touching to a degree. And you know my thoughts on the Megazord Goblin arc.




    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    There was a podcast that did a patron-exclusive interview which addressed this.
    What did Conway say about being taken off Renew Your Vows?


    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think I agree. Never read Spider-Girl, but planning to start when those upcoming Complete Collection volumes are released, because of really liking the RYV series.
    I wish you well I did read some of Spider-Girl mostly the earlier issues though I loss interest midway. I hope you find it better than I did. Nevertheless despite my opinions Spider-Girl sold well so something was done right.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  10. #115
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Pretty much his blog is full of stuff that's only half true or does indeed make sense and one of the places he wants to go to is to the comic book industry where he hopes to get into and he has tried multiple times to the point I feel sorry for him. But Shawn James hopes to one day be editor in chief because he believes he understands the business of publishing better than the current heads and even wrote this plan of what he will do to restructure and save DC Comics as well try to make their mainline comics more appealing to children to build cultivate new readers. But I am glad he isn't in it because he's a self publisher and as one he is responsible for his own brand which is himself and if he can't manage his own brand well him being editor in chief is not for him.
    Okay, then,

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That's true I just wish these big companies would hire those who are fans and have the talent and willingness to think objectively but even that is hard to find out.
    It does seem like society is becoming dominated by extremism and echo chambers of one's personal ideas rather than objectivity and a willingness to discuss things and consider alternatives.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeah well folk like Ernst shouldn't hav eto keep talking about his politics if he wants to review books because in an age where entertainment is constantly politicised the last anyone should do is constantly politicise what they see when there might not be any politics at work. It's just not good for business.

    I've noticed that when anyone speaks out against him (or the Comicsgate club in general), the retort is essentially: "They're afraid of us and the truth we are trying to present that destroys their ideologies." So, while I do think that Comicsgate needs to be seen for what it is and needs people willing to stand up against it if it is indeed the rotten apple that I've observed it to be, if specific persons are unwilling to engage in the subject in an intellectually honest manner and will only continue to spew garbage and bile, at what point is trying to engage them simply feeding a troll? Ernst and the others may not give fans a good name with their extremism and wacky doodle ideas, but we don't have to watch their videos or read their stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeah it was but it's obvious compared to his skill as an artist Stegman should just stick to drawing because the Venom story had a dubious start by having Mary Jane go to Oscorp for help despite knowing it's a shady place but the ending while weak was touching to a degree. And you know my thoughts on the Megazord Goblin arc.
    In the story, MJ went to Liz Allen's company, not Oscorp. While Liz did have a plan against the Spiders, I don't recall there being any red flags in her public persona that she was trouble. I did find it a stretch that MJ didn't connect Liz's bio suit with Venom right away, given Venom's long history with the Parkers, but maybe them thinking that Venom was long dead had something to do with that? I wonder if the story had been able to play with MJ using the symbote for a longer period of time (like how it was for Spidey in the original comics), if that could've worked better?

    Agree that Megazord Goblin was bad; my personal biggest gripe was the out of nowhere bait-and-switch regarding who the actual villain was; there was no buildup to any of it and all the turning points on that were offscreen.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    What did Conway say about being taken off Renew Your Vows?
    I don't know; I'm not a patron of that podcast; in fact, it's a point of annoyance for me that they made it only accessible for their paying viewers. (Since Conway was bouncing around the idea that he might be working for more than a year on the series, I suspect that him leaving may not have been the original plan, but I'm just guessing.)


    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I wish you well I did read some of Spider-Girl mostly the earlier issues though I loss interest midway. I hope you find it better than I did. Nevertheless despite my opinions Spider-Girl sold well so something was done right.
    Okay.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  11. #116
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Pretty much his blog is full of stuff that's only half true or does indeed make sense and one of the places he wants to go to is to the comic book industry where he hopes to get into and he has tried multiple times to the point I feel sorry for him. But Shawn James hopes to one day be editor in chief because he believes he understands the business of publishing better than the current heads and even wrote this plan of what he will do to restructure and save DC Comics as well try to make their mainline comics more appealing to children to build cultivate new readers. But I am glad he isn't in it because he's a self publisher and as one he is responsible for his own brand which is himself and if he can't manage his own brand well him being editor in chief is not for him.
    Well to be fair to him managing your OWN stuff is way different managing say DC. For certain franchises you are dealing with a TON of cooks in the kitchen.
    If you gave him say give him a line like Young Animal or something like Sugar & Spice or Hawk & Dove where he's free to do whatever-you might get something decent.

    So, more critical thinking and he'd be going places, huh?
    He can make good points when he wants to but they get overshadowed by the lack of research.

    He has made good points about the axing of books that sell and the constant restarts for quick sales boosts. An observation we have ALL made.

    Then he blows it with his lack of research.

    http://shawnsjames.blogspot.com/2018...hollywood.html

    He had an issue with Thunder (Black Lightning's daughter) being gay along with the Dora of Black Panther WOW & Saladin Ahmed's Abbott & Valkyrie in Thor 3. He turned it into an attack.

    Why are so many people in the comic book industry spending so much money to appeal to a hundred billionth of all comic book readers when most of the core audience of millions of heterosexual males are keeping their wallets closed to the point where over 50 comic shops closed last year?
    Now MIND you-Thunder has been around since 2003 and was with Grace Choi before 2011. The series was following the comic.
    He accused the industry of trying to make black women masculine. I can name more heterosexual black females in comics than I can LGBT ones.
    How many LGBT black female lead solos have we had since 2000s? Motor Crush (Image), Abbot (Boom), BP WOW (Marvel) & Concrete Park (Dark Horse-sort of). A case can be made for Bingo Love (Image).
    A GOOGLE search could have told him this.

    Read the rest-it's offensive. Now if you were a hiring manager would this be someone you hire? I would fear the lawsuits he would get me.



    That's true I just wish these big companies would hire those who are fans and have the talent and willingness to think objectively but even that is hard to find out.
    The thing is you have to have an EDITOR & Folks in charge that will work with you versus fighting you.

    David Walker could give you the Cyborg everyone wants-he can't be having battles with editors trying to keep black Frankenstein alive.

  12. #117
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    4,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well to be fair to him managing your OWN stuff is way different managing say DC. For certain franchises you are dealing with a TON of cooks in the kitchen.
    If you gave him say give him a line like Young Animal or something like Sugar & Spice or Hawk & Dove where he's free to do whatever-you might get something decent.


    He can make good points when he wants to but they get overshadowed by the lack of research.

    He has made good points about the axing of books that sell and the constant restarts for quick sales boosts. An observation we have ALL made.

    Then he blows it with his lack of research.

    http://shawnsjames.blogspot.com/2018...hollywood.html

    The thing is you have to have an EDITOR & Folks in charge that will work with you versus fighting you.

    David Walker could give you the Cyborg everyone wants-he can't be having battles with editors trying to keep black Frankenstein alive.
    Give or take sure he could make something special if he was given a title to work with but what what if the editors asked him to do a story involving Damian Wayne who he dislikes? Can he do Damian justice as well? For all he alleged objectivity he suffers from problems that cloud his judgement. but if he can't make himself more approachable online it's a wonder how his books even sell. I've found very few reviews of his books and it's pitiful but while it's no way gauge the actual sales of his books it sounds like they maybe good books but they aren't exactly making him the next J.K Rowling. And a good attitude is a helpful selling point which he lacks and as a result he gets the kiss of death as many times as DC and Marvel have. It just doesn't hurt him as hard as it does DC and Marvel when they screw up. Because he is just as bad as the Twitter crowd he also dislikes. i'm more confused that the Dora even have gay members when they are supposed to be T'Challa's wives in training. It sure didn't help Chris Claremont when he had to put up with Jim Shooter's unfortunate demands to kill Jean Grey.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-16-2018 at 01:41 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  13. #118
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    I feel bad for saying it but I’m already experiencing the burnout. I don’t follow any of the current superhero shows anymore. When I was a kid you’d be lucky if you got a Batman movie every 3 years and now you can’t turn around without seeing a new superhero project. I guess I got spoiled.
    I like the Marvel movies but I’m obviously more of a DC guy. The fact that the DCEU has been so bad and Marvel has had nonstop success has probably lessened my excitement for superhero movies a bit.

  14. #119
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    4,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It does seem like society is becoming dominated by extremism and echo chambers of one's personal ideas rather than objectivity and a willingness to discuss things and consider alternatives.
    It is very unfortunate circumstances and if society does not learn how will it grow?



    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I've noticed that when anyone speaks out against him (or the Comicsgate club in general), the retort is essentially: "They're afraid of us and the truth we are trying to present that destroys their ideologies." So, while I do think that Comicsgate needs to be seen for what it is and needs people willing to stand up against it if it is indeed the rotten apple that I've observed it to be, if specific persons are unwilling to engage in the subject in an intellectually honest manner and will only continue to spew garbage and bile, at what point is trying to engage them simply feeding a troll? Ernst and the others may not give fans a good name with their extremism and wacky doodle ideas, but we don't have to watch their videos or read their stuff.
    Agreed these scandals caused by heated debates gone wild are what's sucking out the fun of entertainment in general and they could breed paranoia among people wanting to get into movies or comics if they can't say something positive about comics then their just as responsible for the issues of the industry as the people who mismanage it.


    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the story, MJ went to Liz Allen's company, not Oscorp. While Liz did have a plan against the Spiders, I don't recall there being any red flags in her public persona that she was trouble. I did find it a stretch that MJ didn't connect Liz's bio suit with Venom right away, given Venom's long history with the Parkers, but maybe them thinking that Venom was long dead had something to do with that? I wonder if the story had been able to play with MJ using the symbote for a longer period of time (like how it was for Spidey in the original comics), if that could've worked better?

    Agree that Megazord Goblin was bad; my personal biggest gripe was the out of nowhere bait-and-switch regarding who the actual villain was; there was no buildup to any of it and all the turning points on that were offscreen.
    Okay but actually Oscorp is under the ownership of Liz and Normie in Renew Your Vows while there has been no red flags with Liz's public persona Mary Jane knows from both experience and from Peter that the Osborn are to be avoided at all cost. i know Liz was their friend but Peter is her husband and therefore should be more trustworthy than Liz. And yeah everyone who read the issue where Mary Jane put on the Venom suit was wondering why didn't she notice there was soemthing off with it especially when the symbol on it looked like something Venom would wear. And as for the Megazord Goblin arc what was up with Normie's assistant hijacking his plan not to mention Normie's rather rushed change of heart it didn't make sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't know; I'm not a patron of that podcast; in fact, it's a point of annoyance for me that they made it only accessible for their paying viewers. (Since Conway was bouncing around the idea that he might be working for more than a year on the series, I suspect that him leaving may not have been the original plan, but I'm just guessing.)
    Well that's frustrating and Conway looked like he was going to continue the good work started by the mini series too.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    It is very unfortunate circumstances and if society does not learn how will it grow?
    Yeah, I mean in recent events, the House Republicans have closed the book on their investigation of Russia's meddling in the 2017 election with the conclusion that there was no collusion between them and Trump or his campaign staff. The House Democrats are arguing that that conclusion is premature and partisan-influenced. How many of us here in the States are actually going to look critically at this situation and just jump to a conclusion based on their politics or what they think of Trump? There's no willingness to listen anymore, it seems like.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Agreed these scandals caused by heated debates gone wild are what's sucking out the fun of entertainment in general and they could breed paranoia among people wanting to get into movies or comics if they can't say something positive about comics then their just as responsible for the issues of the industry as the people who mismanage it.
    Wonder if the YouTubers are as influential as they think. While trying to research Comicsgate online leads to a disproportional amount of pro materials instead of anti materials, I suspect that the minority follow this stuff instead of just buying their stuff and leaving it at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Okay but actually Oscorp is under the ownership of Liz and Normie in Renew Your Vows while there has been no red flags with Liz's public persona Mary Jane knows from both experience and from Peter that the Osborn are to be avoided at all cost. i know Liz was their friend but Peter is her husband and therefore should be more trustworthy than Liz.
    In the context of the story, it was public knowledge that Liz had divorced Harry Osborn sometime prior (that was implied to be where Liz got the funds to found her own company), and it might've been common knowledge that Normie had been legally declared independent (Betty Brandt comments on how strange that is when meeting with Normie prior). I think that it was indicated that Liz was not a part of Oscorp at the time (although I don't recall if the Megazord Goblin story refuted that or not). I guess I took it from the story that Liz was a third party. Whether MJ should still not've trusted her based on all that I'm not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    And yeah everyone who read the issue where Mary Jane put on the Venom suit was wondering why didn't she notice there was soemthing off with it especially when the symbol on it looked like something Venom would wear.
    I guess this was something I was willing to let slide for the sake of the story, but mileage may vary. The question I wish had been answered was why she didn't go to the F4 to have Venom sound-blasted off like Peter did way back when. For the rest of the Conway/Stegman run, she's still wearing it and seems to be implied that they don't have a way to remove it on their own (MJ adds getting it off as part of the demands to Liz when having cornered her).

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    And as for the Megazord Goblin arc what was up with Normie's assistant hijacking his plan not to mention Normie's rather rushed change of heart it didn't make sense.
    Agreed 100%.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well that's frustrating and Conway looked like he was going to continue the good work started by the mini series too.
    Maybe the story will come out someday.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •