Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    People are complaining of social justice in Star Wars because of Rey having near perfect mastery of the Force. I know Snoke was not a big deal but based on how he was presented in the first film I wanted to see him become one.
    The people who complain about SJW stuff always complain about SJW stuff, regardless of the contents of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I suspect they will simply not recast but perma-kill them. Maybe have Bucky put on the suit. Or they can fill the Cap-shaped hole in their line-up with the Black Panther.

This is not the comics. They do not really need an Iron Man or a Captain America. Their audience has not bought into the 'status quo is god' BS that has ruined the comics.
    Allow me to suggest changing actors for a role. If it works for James Bond, why not for Iron Man? Heck, multiple actors have played Bruce and Clark and Peter in only the last couple of decades. The main difference between comics and live action movies is the aging of actors. There are going to be A-list characters continuing. There are already different actors playing those roles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Allow me to suggest changing actors for a role. If it works for James Bond, why not for Iron Man? Heck, multiple actors have played Bruce and Clark and Peter in only the last couple of decades. The main difference between comics and live action movies is the aging of actors. There are going to be A-list characters continuing. There are already different actors playing those roles.
    James Bond doesn't really have a continuity in the same way Marvel does. It doesn't normally stretch back further than the current actor, if even that long. Blofeld has met Bond for the first time twice and died, I think, three times. There's like three or four Miss Moneypennies who were introduced as the first Miss Moneypenny.

And really, it's a one-man-franchise. If the guy playing him moves on you have to recast or pack up the franchise. If Iron Man dies, Iron Man dies but the story moves on.

And the only time multiple actors played the same superhero, in the same continuity, was the Burton/Schumacher Batman series. And that didn't work out so well.
    Last edited by Carabas; 03-08-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Unfortunately when you're expecting some more on the lines of how the original trilogy worked well super fast progress can annoy people because I think that's what everyone was expecting.
    I don't know; Luke moved pretty fast in those movies. (Besides, things in Star Wars often move at the speed of plot in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    If those arguments occur on Youtube channels and message boards, probably a contingent that's pissed off all the time and not worthy of caring about.
    Some of them and I do think that the bigots drown out the legitimate criticism that's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The people who complain about SJW stuff always complain about SJW stuff, regardless of the contents of the movie.
    Yeah, saw one YouTube "reviewer" that really distorted the movie to fit his narrative (and spent several other videos saying wacky doodle stuff to further support his case).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Yes, and Wonder Woman too. They should make money for a while. The thing is, DC and Marvel don't seem to have another breakout female or black character.

On another board, I asked why people thought the sales of the collections were declining, and a guy gave a good answer. He said all the classic stories have been issued and re-issued. The same might be true of the classic comics characters. There are only so many of them.
    Yet they do have rosters of guys who they can use.

Static is out there.

I don't need $100 million for a Static movie.

Both companies have enough folks to where you could toss out a movie every month. Now they all DON'T have to be in theaters. Nothing is wrong with a Syfy Channel deal for a set of films with decent budgets and put out an unrated or extended version on dvd the following week like they use to do.

Remember a Marvel executive didn't think Panther as a film would work because he felt no one would believe in Wakanda. His name appears in the credits as a producer 7 years after he said that.

And your movie goer does not care about who is deem classic by comic book purist. Who would or are throwing fits about certain characters even being around.

Look at it like this-Black Panther, Deadpool, GOTG, Antman, Static, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel and a bunch of other nonclassic guys with success outside of comics book stores.

Maybe the public is tired of the classics. Maybe Justice League was that warning shot of we are tired of these guys.

And Disney has been strangely quiet about the Han Solo movie, which suggests the company may have no confidence in it.
    Hard to talk about a film with Black Panther destroying the box office.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't know; Luke moved pretty fast in those movies. (Besides, things in Star Wars often move at the speed of plot in the first place).

Some of them and I do think that the bigots drown out the legitimate criticism that's out there.
    Bingo. And they have agendas against these movies and books that prevent them from being unbiased.

I can name the flaws in Black Panther but I can do it without insulting Ryan Coolger and his mother-unlike a certain youtuber who has 30 videos attacking the film.

If they leave the buzz words out and can actually PROVE they read or saw the product in question-they would find folk agree with them.

I mean you can't be MAD about the success of Panther especially over Justice League. SOMEBODY was going to do a film with a lead that was a certain demo especially after WW. When you look at all DATA about movie goers, see trade sales and the DEMAND-guess what was going to happen-someone was going to try.

And Marvel is getting rewarded and I am sure the Star Wars folks WISHED they invested in Finn over Rey now.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I feel the same way. They aren't going to stop making Cap and Iron Man movies that make them money just because the main actors leave. They may or maybe not reboot the individual series, but eventually we're going to get new actors in those roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    This will be what finally bursts the bubble- https://www.cbr.com/rob-liefeld-extr...-netflix-deal/

Liefeld’s eXtreme Universe developed for the big screen.
    Leifeld.....the Bodega Bandit of the comics industry. Just the worst. lol

Eh, who knows. The genre survived tons of bad movies and tv shows, and continues to do so. We got past the Daredevil movie, Superman Returns, Ghost Rider, etc., and are still going strong.

As long as there are still good movies being made, we'll survive the duds.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Bingo. And they have agendas against these movies and books that prevent them from being unbiased.

I can name the flaws in Black Panther but I can do it without insulting Ryan Coolger and his mother-unlike a certain youtuber who has 30 videos attacking the film.

If they leave the buzz words out and can actually PROVE they read or saw the product in question-they would find folk agree with them.

I mean you can't be MAD about the success of Panther especially over Justice League. SOMEBODY was going to do a film with a lead that was a certain demo especially after WW. When you look at all DATA about movie goers, see trade sales and the DEMAND-guess what was going to happen-someone was going to try.
    Yeah,

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And Marvel is getting rewarded and I am sure the Star Wars folks WISHED they invested in Finn over Rey now.
    Seeing as both TFA and TLJ were successful, I don't think LucasFilm has any regrets. Besides, Rey and Finn are the primary leads and I'm certainly invested in them, a lot more invested then I was with the characters of the previous two trilogies (granted, I saw all those on video years after they came out, but there it is).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    I think it will eventually fizzle out. I don't think they will go away completely but probably go down to a movie or two a year.
    Superhero movies are the current fad. It's like the when the James Bond movies came out everyone tried to cash in on it. There were secret agent movies and TV shows starring Dean Martin as Matt Helm,
    James Coburn as Derek Flint , Robert Vaughn as Napoleon Solo and David McCallum as Illya Kuryakin in The Man from UNCLE, Robert Culp as Kelly Robinson and Bill Cosby as Alexander Scott in I Spy.
    Even parodies like Don Adams as Maxwell Smart in Get Smart.
    It got so over saturated that people lost interest. There were spy films before and there have been after, but not like then. I think the same thing will happen to superhero movies. People will get tired
    of them and the studios will go back to trickling out a few every once in a while instead of a half dozen a year like now.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Well for the first two films of the original trilogy it gave the illusion that Luke was learning though the first one had him being able to hear Obi-Wan towards the end but then again he was able to fight his own father despite having minimal training in how to fight with a light saber and in the third film you have Luke leading yeah there's just a difference in how fast Luke and Rey learned how to use the Force.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Superhero movies are the current fad.
    When something has been going on for about 20 years and isn't exactly showing any signs of slowing down any time soon, I think you need a better word than "fad".

Fads are things like Tamagotchis and fidget spinners and the Rachel Green from Friends hair style.

Well for the first two films of the original trilogy it gave the illusion that Luke was learning though the first one had him being able to hear Obi-Wan towards the end but then again he was able to fight his own father despite having minimal training in how to fight with a light saber and in the third film you have Luke leading yeah there's just a difference in how fast Luke and Rey learned how to use the Force.
    From what I've seen of the franchise, Rey is around baseline normal for Force users (or at least Force users who are "strong in the Force"), but fair enough if you don't think so.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

From what I've seen of the franchise, Rey is around baseline normal for Force users (or at least Force users who are "strong in the Force"), but fair enough if you don't think so.
    That would mean that Luke is wise in the Force but not strong like Rey was at least. Personally I am tired of the voices of YouTube they want to fight against the issues plaguing comics but at the same time despite saying some measure of truth they get really suck the fun out entertainment in general so I don't really care for these guys these days.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

That would mean that Luke is wise in the Force but not strong like Rey was at least.
    I'm going to have to think about that one, since my position is generally based on the idea that most of the stuff Rey does untrained are the kinds of things that other characters have done untrained as well.

Personally I am tired of the voices of YouTube they want to fight against the issues plaguing comics but at the same time despite saying some measure of truth they get really suck the fun out entertainment in general so I don't really care for these guys these days.

Yeah, agreed. They get really nasty about it and tend to go heavy on the "my opinion is factual and people who disagree with me are stupid and wrong or else supporters of 'false' political ideologies" view. I respect people's right to an opinion, but be reasonable and open-minded about it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)