Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Who is john ridley

And yes the miller book will probably be the most interesting

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Uhhh, so Sean Murphy is out and Capullo taking his place for Scott Snyder's Last Knight story?

That's what appears to have happened.
    Sean is probably going to do White Knight 2, his mini has been a huge success

Mighty Member

Default Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Most of these don't interest me in the slightest, Ridley's book being the sole exception.
    None of these interest me at all. Original material would have better. Wonder if Budweiser knows about the Black Label monicker or whatever mega beverage company owns the trademark. I could see Supes and Bats kicking back with a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    And what sory of issues could Barry or Wally take on? Or what will Hal take on? I know Hal took on right wing side of the political spectrum when he and Green Arrow co-starred in a title of their own that got cancelled despite trying to use social relevance to win the crowd.
    But why do they need to emphasize on social issues? Apparently only Ridley's book will do that, the others seem to be just "mature" Elseworlds stories.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Uhhh, so Sean Murphy is out and Capullo taking his place for Scott Snyder's Last Knight story?

That's what appears to have happened.
    On Twitter, Snyder has explained that basically, he and Murphy felt that if Snyder was going to do a last Batman story, it should be with his most frequent Bat collaborator, in addition to wanting to keep Murhpy's Batman vision singular in regards to his work on the fledgling White Knight universe.

Also, John Ridley is a screenwriter best known for his 12 Years a Slave screenplay, for which he won Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    But why do they need to emphasize on social issues? Apparently only Ridley's book will do that, the others seem to be just "mature" Elseworlds stories.
    Well tackling problems are often the mature thing to do. I just hope Frank Miller's Superman will be better than the government puppet one.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Some folk are worried that the Ridley book would be social justice nonsense. I say wait and see.
    What does that mean anyway? What are they talking about? Why is social justice "nonsense"?
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 03-08-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    On Twitter, Snyder has explained that basically, he and Murphy felt that if Snyder was going to do a last Batman story, it should be with his most frequent Bat collaborator, in addition to wanting to keep Murhpy's Batman vision singular in regards to his work on the fledgling White Knight universe.

Also, John Ridley is a screenwriter best known for his 12 Years a Slave screenplay, for which he won Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars.
    Some disapprove of the him because he might not have the skill to use comic books as a medium it's the same problem with non-fiction writer Ta Nehisi-Coates suffers from.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    What does that mean anyway? What are they talking about?
    People are afraid that the Ridley book will hammer people's heads with left wing politics.

Ridley ain't no rookie to comics. He's written The Authority back in '04, The American Way series in '07 and just recently The American Way sequel. And that's in addition to all his movie and tv credentials. This guy has done it all.

I'll probably get the two Batman books, Wonder Woman Historia and the The Other Story of the DCU. I couldn't care less about A Superman Year One and I don't want to buy anything with Greg Rucka's name on it so i hope that those first three will be great.
    Last edited by Korath; 03-08-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Ridley ain't no rookie to comics. He's written The Authority back in '04, The American Way series in '07 and just recently The American Way sequel. And that's in addition to all his movie and tv credentials. This guy has done it all.
    So there might not be anything to worry about then.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    u missed my joke
    Hard to tell from only text but I still don't get the joke.

Definitely in for Miller's Superman book and i'll probably pick up the Snyder one too, thought I really hope this is his last Batman story for a while, I'd like to see him on just about any other character for a while. Interested in the Other History book but I need to see more before I decide if to pick it up.

It'd be nice if they could find writers who were skilled enough to write more than just Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman.