Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Unwarranted to [B]YOU[B]

Who are you to say someone's complaints are unwarranted? You don't have the authority. (thank the heavens) Just because you and countless others are over the moon about something doesn't mean that other people have to be. People have every right to complain about whatever they feel like on here.

With that being said. I have high hopes for The Other Side of the DC Universe. It doesn't seem like a project that's safe and i have so much respect for that. Real artists challenge themselves.
    I'm not over the moon about anything. I'm curious about Rucka's book and Snyder's story I plan to follow because I have read his entire Batman run.

A lot of unneccessary hostility and misplaced agression from your end. If you're going to post something then there is always a chance someone will differ with you no?

BANNED

1. If that's what you think I'm talking about, then i don't know what to tell you.

2. Different authors, different segments, etc, etc. With SAME EXACT CHARACTERS THEY ALWAYS USE. What are you not getting? How is it called taking a chance when the imprint is Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman?
    1) Can you give concrete examples? You have made plenty of statements but have not provided anything substantial which leads to one making assumptions.

2) Um changing segments and branching out to different authors is taking a chance no matter how you spin it. Its self explanatory.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I'm not over the moon about anything. I'm curious about Rucka's book and Snyder's story I plan to follow because I have read his entire Batman run.

A lot of unneccessary hostility and misplaced agression from your end. If you're going to post something then there is always a chance someone will differ with you no?
    Unnecessary hostility and misplaced aggression? I'm more blunt and passionate. But I'll accept those as well. I have no problems with people differing with me. I welcome that with open arms but i have an issue with people saying whatever I'm upset at is lesser.

I like Snyder in small doses. And Rucka only has two good books, in my opinion.

All I'm saying is that i wish DC could have given us more titles available for launch that were completely unrelated to the trinity. That is what me and kurenai were trying to communicate. But you guys made it seem like we were wrong.
    Last edited by Raijin; 04-09-2018 at 03:03 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Not saying you're wrong for wanting other characters getting AU stories at all. I'm pretty sure the disagreement was created over claims that Marvel is more of a risk taker

Mighty Member

1) Can you give concrete examples? You have made plenty of statements but have not provided anything substantial which leads to one making assumptions.

2) Um changing segments and branching out to different authors is taking a chance no matter how you spin it. Its self explanatory.
    1) Thanos getting the ongoing treatment, Kamala Khan in general, Von Doom as Iron Man, Moon Knight has always been a risky character. Yet they keep trying. 05 time displaced X-Men. Hawkeye. Slott's Silver Surfer. Giving Inhumans and Black Panther a push. Some succeed, some don't. But Marvel doesn't quit. They obviously believe in their brands.

DC on the other hand. They cancel so much without giving things a proper shot. (Doctor Fate, Blue Beetle, Superwoman, Omega Men, Katana, etc) which leads them to never try again. Then they have characters who are rarely given the time.

2. Agree to disagree

Edit: But i do want to backtrack and say that they both take risks in their own way. At the moment i will admit that i think DC might be doing slightly better than Marvel in that aspect. But there's still more that can be done.
    Last edited by Raijin; 04-09-2018 at 03:46 AM.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

BANNED

1) Thanos getting the ongoing treatment, Kamala Khan in general, Von Doom as Iron Man, Moon Knight has always been a risky character. Yet they keep trying. 05 time displaced X-Men. Hawkeye. Slott's Silver Surfer. Giving Inhumans and Black Panther a push. Some succeed, some don't. But Marvel doesn't quit. They obviously believe in their brands.

DC on the other hand. They cancel so much without giving things a proper shot. (Doctor Fate, Blue Beetle, Superwoman, Omega Men, Katana, etc) which leads them to never try again. Then they have characters who are rarely given the time.

2. Agree to disagree
    1) DC has put Darkseid on a JL team, wouldn't you say that's bolder than another Thanos solo book? I respond to Von Doom as Iron Man with Lex as Superman. Moon Knight is cancelled out by Hawkman, the latter is even more riskier. The X-Men pale in comparison to the Teen Titans team they're moving forward with which is the literal definition of risky. Silver Surfer, Black Panther and Hawkeye? Thats like praising DC for publishing GL, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow. Kamala Khan can be answered with Damian Wayne.

2) Ok

BANNED

And Marvel cancels books by the truckloads. The Panther spin offs didn't even last more than 6 issues. Most of their books have no shot at making it beyond 12 issues.

DC has shown far more willingness to keep lower selling titles afloat. New Superman, Cyborg, Batwoman etc.

Mighty Member

1) DC has put Darkseid on a JL team, wouldn't you say that's bolder than another Thanos solo book? I respond to Von Doom as Iron Man with Lex as Superman. Moon Knight is cancelled out by Hawkman, the latter is even more riskier. The X-Men pale in comparison to the Teen Titans team they're moving forward with which is the literal definition of risky. Silver Surfer, Black Panther and Hawkeye? Thats like praising DC for publishing GL, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow. Kamala Khan can be answered with Damian Wayne.

2) Ok
    1. Again you don't get it. For the types of stories (and tone) that were told with Silver Surfer and Hawkeye, they were risky imo. I never thought Silver Surfer can work with a tone like that. But it worked. I think putting Darkseid on a Cyborg-led Justice League title is very bold. A Black Panther book isnt risky to me but pushing it as a franchise is. It doesn't look like we agree on anything and im honestly tired of fighting. You're right. I'm wrong. We'll leave it at that.

BANNED

1. Again you don't get it. For the types of stories (and tone) that were told with Silver Surfer and Hawkeye, they were risky imo. I never thought Silver Surfer can work with a tone like that. But it worked. I think putting Darkseid on a Cyborg-led Justice League title is very bold. A Black Panther book isnt risky to me but pushing it as a franchise is. It doesn't look like we agree on anything and im honestly tired of fighting.
    Mister Miracle, Bug, Burnside era Batgirl and pretty much the entire Young Animal line can be used against Silver Surfer and Hawkeye. Green Arrow also moved in to a different direction tonally for a while.

Isn't DC technically doing with the Black Label Wonder Woman books what Marvel was trying with World of Wakanda? The only difference I see here it that one bombed while the others have a good chance at succeeding.

Mighty Member

Mister Miracle, Bug, Burnside era Batgirl and pretty much the entire Young Animal line can be used against Silver Surfer and Hawkeye. Green Arrow also moved in to a different direction tonally for a while.

Isn't DC technically doing with the Black Label Wonder Woman books what Marvel was trying with World of Wakanda? The only difference I see here it that one bombed while the others have a good chance at succeeding.
    It's embarrassing because I read those and I didn't take those books into consideration. I think my judgement was clouded a little bit. Marvel tends to throw things at the wall to see what sticks due to film and tv. I've been so used them doing that recently. So I confused the two unknowingly. But with DC, it always felt genuine to me. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.
    Last edited by Raijin; 04-09-2018 at 04:00 AM.