Page 99 of 126 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1885

A message from Kelly Sue DeConnick:

WWH.jpg
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    A message from Kelly Sue DeConnick:

WWH.jpg

I mean, she could be saying that Diana will be born in issue 7 or 8. Who knows. But it definitely won't happen in issue 3.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mean, she could be saying that Diana will be born in issue 7 or 8. Who knows. But it definitely won't happen in issue 3.
    I actively hope it does not happen in issue 3. It is waaaaay too early in Hippolyta's story to bring in Diana. She isn't even the main queen yet!

The 6-8 range would be better

From a few months ago but interesting podcast with DeConnick where she has a conversation with Adrienne Mayor, one of the historians DeConnick used for research on the Amazons.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Why? (10char)
    For the most part, I thought it was egregious. The story could've done without it, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I actively hope it does not happen in issue 3. It is waaaaay too early in Hippolyta's story to bring in Diana. She isn't even the main queen yet!

The 6-8 range would be better
    I’m trusting the process here - if it happens in vol. 3 and the quality’s at all in line with what we’ve seen so far, it’ll be done well. We’ve barely ever gotten insight into what the Amazons were up to on the island before or between Diana’s birth and Steve’s arrival (other than Diana Rockwell Trevor and some childhood flashbacks) so there’s a ton of untapped potential there.

Also we almost never get fantasy/adventure stories led by moms whose motherhood doesn’t totally define them. I’d actually love to see a huge, epic arc where the central hero is a mother raising her baby.

And on a separate note…what do we think is the likelihood that issues 4-9 (or at least 4-6) have already been picked up and Kelly Sue just hasn’t been able to talk about it yet? Maybe it’s wishful thinking but after all of those Eisner noms I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get more.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I’m trusting the process here - if it happens in vol. 3 and the quality’s at all in line with what we’ve seen so far, it’ll be done well. We’ve barely ever gotten insight into what the Amazons were up to on the island before or between Diana’s birth and Steve’s arrival (other than Diana Rockwell Trevor and some childhood flashbacks) so there’s a ton of untapped potential there.

Also we almost never get fantasy/adventure stories led by moms whose motherhood doesn’t totally define them. I’d actually love to see a huge, epic arc where the central hero is a mother raising her baby.

And on a separate note…what do we think is the likelihood that issues 4-9 (or at least 4-6) have already been picked up and Kelly Sue just hasn’t been able to talk about it yet? Maybe it’s wishful thinking but after all of those Eisner noms I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get more.
    Oh I will totally be up for giving this series a chance on whatever it wants to do based on the quality we had so far, and I'm sure I will love it. But I am a bit of a traditionalist on some things, so I'd like to see the classic scene of Hippolyta on the island beach sculpting the baby re-created. But if Diana shows up much earlier, it's far from a deal breaker and we could see some interesting stuff in the new events.

I think we might have 4-6 approved for production. It won Eisner nominations, so I can see DC wanting something prestigious like that to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh I will totally be up for giving this series a chance on whatever it wants to do based on the quality we had so far, and I'm sure I will love it. But I am a bit of a traditionalist on some things, so I'd like to see the classic scene of Hippolyta on the island beach sculpting the baby re-created. But if Diana shows up much earlier, it's far from a deal breaker and we could see some interesting stuff in the new events.
    Oh I’m pretty confident that Hippolyta sculpting Diana on the island will be part of it - Kelly Sue, Phil Jimenez, and Gene Ha have all stated outright that they’re using the clay origin. A big part of the question is just if they get to Themyscira in vol. 3 and whether the rest of the story will take place on the island or in the outside world.

I also wonder if they’re gonna go with the Hippolyta/Philippus relationship and show it blossoming because I reeeeeeally hope so.

Hope so, maybe if it wins a few of those Eisner noms. Though I expect even if they're approved it be a while before we hear anything.

I always thought the collection should be The Amazons (1-3) The Paradise (4-6) & The Princess (7-9).
    Diana would be born in volume 6 and her story would develop on Themyscira until the arrival of Steve Trevor on the last page of volume 9.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfZAdzguatn/

Some process shots from #WWHistoria #Vol1

#Hippolyta on #Antiope’s steed

Swipe to see the development!

I was corrected several times by a very well-meaning French equestrian on the proportions of the horse, and Hippolyta’s placement and scale on the horse — and I had to explain multiple times that this wasn’t real, it’s fiction — and I choose the elements that served story and composition most strongly.

The development of the horse’s bridle, based partially on Scythian battle armor, took weeks — I restacked those skulls over and over, moving them around til they made some kind of dimensional sense. My favorite element remains the tattoo on the bear’s skull of #Artemis bowing to #Cerberus, a callback to the goddesses’ decent to #Tartarus and the #WellofSouls in an earlier section of the book. Also, I believe the #Amazonshield is carved into the deer skull in the center of the bridle (and that’s a bear’s vertebrae and rib cage beneath).

No choice in this project was made without thinking if its visual or story significance! Even the gorgeous color — here by @arifprianto.arf!

#BlackLabel #GN #WonderWoman #Amazons #queens #digitalart #procreateapp @kellysued @batman_dccomics

Oh I’m pretty confident that Hippolyta sculpting Diana on the island will be part of it - Kelly Sue, Phil Jimenez, and Gene Ha have all stated outright that they’re using the clay origin. A big part of the question is just if they get to Themyscira in vol. 3 and whether the rest of the story will take place on the island or in the outside world.

I also wonder if they’re gonna go with the Hippolyta/Philippus relationship and show it blossoming because I reeeeeeally hope so.
    Oh, have they? Last I heard was that they were merely (coyly) saying they were not using the Zeus daddy origin.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

This is what Nicola said. I hope it's about Historia

206790B8-585B-4979-B46E-9B7F019FA909.jpg

I hope when she says arc it means that historia got the approval

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is what Nicola said. I hope it's about Historia

206790B8-585B-4979-B46E-9B7F019FA909.jpg

I hope when she says arc it means that historia got the approval
    Could it possibly be the birth of Diana this early?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.