Page 74 of 126 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1885
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    eh, it's not that unusual. I've met plenty of fans are who are like that with other DC characters like some who like Krypton over Superman, the Corps over any individual human GL, the Bat-family over Batman himself, etc.
    I know its not unusual but it just feels in the case of Diana she has more that are interested in everything around her than actually her.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

How many issues is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I can see why but...thats pretty sad. Diana always playing 2nd fiddle to someone.
    I feel ya.
    I am team Diana all the way. Love Nubia, Love Donna, and love her various supporting cast members throughout the years (Steve, Etta, Julia K., Ferdinand), but for me, Diana is THE ONE. Always will be [Yara is just meh].

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    How many issues is this?
    Three at the moment but if those are successful it will be nine in total.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Three at the moment but if those are successful it will be nine in total.
    Oh snap, has a DC series ever had a tentative issue count before?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oh snap, has a DC series ever had a tentative issue count before?
    On occasion and it possibly happens more often than we might know. We only know about this situation with Historia because the author has mentioned it

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love Hera being called "Queen Bitch" within the narration.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I can see why but...thats pretty sad. Diana always playing 2nd fiddle to someone.
    eh, it's not that unusual. I've met plenty of fans are who are like that with other DC characters like some who like Krypton over Superman, the Corps over any individual human GL, the Bat-family over Batman himself, etc.
    It could be worse. We could have an author that would be more interested in the pantheon (specifically the male Gods) and their role in Diana's life with little thought for the Amazons. Not to name any names.

Plus, at least this story has a justification for having almost no Diana until the planned last issue, since it's ancient history from long before she was born.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Kelly Sue unpacked a box of Historia #1s on her IG and flipped through the book really fast. It looks STUNNING.

She also paused on the page for the Hecate tribe, and it confirms that the membership is Menalippe, Alkyone, Euboea, Mnemosyne and Philomela.

Pallas is also confirmed to be on the Athena tribe along with Hellene and Consivia, but she flipped too fast before I could see the names of the other two.

All the Aphrodite Amazons have glowing angelic white armor, they look great.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Kelly Sue unpacked a box of Historia #1s on her IG and flipped through the book really fast. It looks STUNNING.

She also paused on the page for the Hecate tribe, and it confirms that the membership is Menalippe, Alkyone, Euboea, Mnemosyne and Philomela.

Pallas is also confirmed to be on the Athena tribe along with Hellene and Consivia, but she flipped too fast before I could see the names of the other two.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWrJS-1rV-j/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWrKTqpj78s/
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Yeah, Alkyone was the main one I noticed when I saw that too.

I also keep forgetting how big this is supposed to be.

Amazing Member

I need to stop reading this thread, the book will be in my hands Tuesday lol! I’m excited to learn about all the different tribes. So far I don’t have a favorite, but Menalippe’s design is so cool. And the description of her armor makes me think Donna would fit in perfectly whenever she is born. It shimmers, people, shimmers!

Plus, Donna has a history of being associated with the moon and witches in different properties (Earth One, Troia, the New 52). It’s why I was a little cross when Diana started using magic in JLD (not too upset, it was fun).

Is it weird that I would like some of these designs to migrate over to the main universe? I feel like even the main players: Donna, Cassie, Artemis and Nubia could use them. Yara’s design is so new I don’t want to tinker with it, but I could see her in Demeter’s tribe.

Yeah, Alkyone was the main one I noticed when I saw that too.

I also keep forgetting how big this is supposed to be.

Welp, there goes my wallet.

Hope, there is something available in a smaller size.

And we have Nubia

Last edited by Gaius; 11-29-2021 at 07:50 AM.