Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Bumping this thread, because we got another update from Jimenez. This is a design for the Amazon Consivia, apparently an obscure Amazon from the Perez run

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0COh0BDQ5/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Bumping this thread, because we got another update from Jimenez. This is a design for the Amazon Consivia, apparently an obscure Amazon from the Perez run

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0COh0BDQ5/
    Thought the wings were a part of the helmet for a second given how ornate it is.

Looking forward to seeing this colored but given what I've seen so far I'd probably buy if it was just in these uncolored black/white pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Thought the wings were a part of the helmet for a second given how ornate it is.

Looking forward to seeing this colored but given what I've seen so far I'd probably buy if it was just in these uncolored black/white pages.
    Same on both the wings and the black/white thing. it being in black and white makes it look like something from Berserk. With each Amazon getting their own individual armor packed with detail, I can see why this is taking so long, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Same on both the wings and the black/white thing. it being in black and white makes it look like something from Berserk. With each Amazon getting their own individual armor packed with detail, I can see why this is taking so long, but it will all be worth it in the end.
    Yeah, knowing Jimenez's WW fandom, I wouldn't surprised if he tries to get almost every named Amazon who's appeared in publication to at least cameo in the book.

Yeah, knowing Jimenez's WW fandom, I wouldn't surprised if he tries to get almost every named Amazon who's appeared in publication to at least cameo in the book.
    Yep, so far two of the named Amazons are obscure ones from Perez's first annual. It wouldn't surprise me if we many more from Perez at least, if not some of the later ones.

So far we have:
    Hippolyta
    Philippus
    Io
    Timandra
    Venilia
    Consivia

Judging by the faces we have, we will most likely get Antiope, and I'm hoping for appearances by Menalippe, Mala, Euboea, Hellene and others. Io's presence also makes me wonder if we will see later faces like Areto or Alkyone and the Circle. Every Amazon apparently having their own unique and VERY ornate armor is incredibly awesome. This is the most I've been excited for the Amazons ever

We have Hephaestus!

Hephaestus.jpg

Never thought I'd see Hephaestus hang dong.

Don't know if it's just this panel but looks like a Dwarf, which could be intentional given fantasy Dwarves are usually characterized as craftsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I didn't see it at first then I noticed no loincloth or anything and then it popped out to me.

Well, it is a Black Label book…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

So so far, we've either seen the full designs or glimpses of the gods Hera, Aphrodite, Athena, Ares, Hephaestus, Poseidon, Artemis, Hermes, Demeter and Hestia and they all look great. Of the major gods, that leaves Zeus, Apollo, Dionysus, Hades and Persephone, plus maybe the likes of Eros and Pan as well. I can't wait to see how they look!

Hephaestus here also seems to have volcanic arms, similar to the New 52 one. Neat to see some of that influence pop in (ditto Hermes and the blood soaked Ares).

That peacock on the bottom left can't believe it either!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

So so far, we've either seen the full designs or glimpses of the gods Hera, Aphrodite, Athena, Ares, Hephaestus, Poseidon, Artemis, Hermes, Demeter and Hestia and they all look great. Of the major gods, that leaves Zeus, Apollo, Dionysus, Hades and Persephone, plus maybe the likes of Eros and Pan as well. I can't wait to see how they look!

Hephaestus here also seems to have volcanic arms, similar to the New 52 one. Neat to see some of that influence pop in (ditto Hermes and the blood soaked Ares)

Same thoughts and H probably wears a mask. Does look too pretty to be his face.

Holy Batpole, Black Label

Hephaestus here also seems to have volcanic arms, similar to the New 52 one. Neat to see some of that influence pop in (ditto Hermes and the blood soaked Ares).

Hera’s peacock imagery and clothing also seems New 52 inspired though that also shows up in some other visual depictions of her.

Hera’s peacock imagery and clothing also seems New 52 inspired though that also shows up in some other visual depictions of her.
    The peacock is one of the animals that Hera is associated with. Most likely it's a case of drawing from the same sources, that is the original Greek mythology.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

With some of the similarities to Chiang's designs for Ares, Hermes and now Hephaestus, it wouldn't surprise me if Jimenez was pulling a bit from New 52 Hera as well. She appears to be blonde again and she is more humanoid than some of the other deities (Athena is a living statue and Hestia is made of fire), much like how Hera stood out as the most conventionally "normal" looking of the New 52 Gods. But in her case, the original source doubtlessly plays the biggest role.

It'll be neat to see the color palette for Artemis and Apollo, and if Hades is sporting a crown made of candles lol.

Extraordinary Member

Kelly Sue was on the word balloon podcast, there was a little bit of Historia talk at the 1:19:17 and 2:04:47 marks:

• This is going to be 9 64 page issues - the original announcement said 3 issues
    • Jimenez isn't going to be the only artist
    • The artist who is doing issue #2 has started working on it
    • Her dream is that since it's 9 issues that they would be able to have 3 artists rotate and Jimenez would come back for issues #4 and #7 but that it's more likely that they go with a different artist on every issue
    • Unsure if the above means they've also picked out an artist for #3
    • Book starts with the goddesses deciding they need the amazons and ends with Steve Trevor crash landing onto the island
    • The story is Hippolyta as a homeric hero