Page 59 of 126 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Kelly will be on a podcast talking about Historia

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...1000479393905t

Menalippe! Clearly one of Hecate's tribe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVAwKWLrK-J/

"#Menalippe of the #Amazons.

Another sneak peek at some of the art from #WWHistoria #Vol1, due in stores in 11/16.

Many long time George Perez Wonder Woman fans have wondered how similar this project will be to his run (at least partially because of my involvements so the well known influence of George’s art in my own).

Aside from a few familiar names, and a few visual homages for fun (Easter eggs!), this is a new work and a new take on #WonderWoman, #Hippolyta, and the #Amazons. Author @kellysued took the basic framework of the well known legend of Wonder Woman’s people and rebuilt it, infusing it with a decidedly modern sensibility and a feminist POV that permeates the work in incredible ways.

What excited me about this project was Kelly Sue’s vision and a chance to reinterpret characters I’ve known my whole life in new ways. I would never have taken the gig just to do Perez lite (I’ve done that before!), and would never want someone with Kelly Sue’s skill and vision to tell a well- known story like this without blowing it apart and rebuilding it for 2021 and beyond.

You can see hints if other Amazons behind and around Menalippe; KS and I can’t wait to show you the rest. Soon.

Color here by the incredible Hi-Fi."

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 10-14-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

For folks asking if Donna Troy will be in HISTORIA, the answer is no.

From Kelly Sue DeConnick:

https://twitter.com/LeosTroy/status/1448314650999799817

Untitled2.jpg
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Yeah, that's what I've been suspecting.

Dang Girl! Don't go hugging Menalippe or you'll be skewered!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    For folks asking if Donna Troy will be in HISTORIA, the answer is no.

From Kelly Sue DeConnick:

https://twitter.com/LeosTroy/status/1448314650999799817

Untitled2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, that's what I've been suspecting.
    She could just mean the early parts (Book 1, issues 1-3).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That's unlikely. According to this interview, Historia is meant to be an epic told in 9 64-page prestige books (a 9-part series will be told in three overarching sections) that covers the history of the Amazons from the Goddesses' creation of the Amazon race to Steve Trevor crash landing on Themyscira.

That means Diana isn't even going to be Wonder Woman yet in this series. Therefore, there can't be any Wonder Girl--whether Donna, Cassie, or Yara--as of yet in the span of the story.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Donna is barely in the main title, I didnt expect her to be in this of all things.

I guess if we were to get all nine issues and how this seems like a years long project, she could be written in way later in to the last issues.

But I wasn’t really under the impression she was going to be in this in the first place.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Phil's teased parts of that design before, but I wasn't expecting it to be Menalippe. She looks sick!

That's unlikely. According to this interview, Historia is meant to be an epic told in 9 64-page prestige books (a 9-part series will be told in three overarching sections) that covers the history of the Amazons from the Goddesses' creation of the Amazon race to Steve Trevor crash landing on Themyscira.

That means Diana isn't even going to be Wonder Woman yet in this series. Therefore, there can't be any Wonder Girl--whether Donna, Cassie, or Yara--as of yet in the span of the story.
    I as sort of prepared for Donna not to be in this and am still not entirely certain she will ever be, but since the intent of the series is to end at the moment Steve crashes when Diana is about to become Wonder Woman, that implies that we might get to see some of Diana's childhood after her birth (which it sounds like we are definitely getting).

Donna could conceivably be incorporated into those sections, which would probably be in the the last third. I'm just not sure if DeConnick meant no Donna in the story in Act 1 (which we weren't expecting), or if she could show up in like issue 8 or whatever.

Phil's teased parts of that design before, but I wasn't expecting it to be Menalippe. She looks sick!

I as sort of prepared for Donna not to be in this and am still not entirely certain she will ever be, but since the intent of the series is to end at the moment Steve crashes when Diana is about to become Wonder Woman, that implies that we might get to see some of Diana's childhood after her birth (which it sounds like we are definitely getting).

Donna could conceivably be incorporated into those sections, which would probably be in the the last third. I'm just not sure if DeConnick meant no Donna in the story in Act 1 (which we weren't expecting), or if she could show up in like issue 8 or whatever.
    Ask her. Kelly Sue is super approachable. Ask her if Donna will appear in any of the 9 issues.

This must be Menalippe in her edgy phase.

COMICS. Have you pre-ordered HISTORIA #1 yet? First issue is 64 pages of jaw-dropping art by Phil Jimenez. Seriously. EVERY PAGE. (Witness Menalippe, Queen of the Amazon Tribe of Hecate, below. She is literally one-THIRTIETH of that spread. EVERY AMAZON is rendered with that much love and detail.)
    You can pre-order a signed copy from Books with Pictures Eugene here: http://tiny.cc/wwhistoria or you can pre-order from your local comic shop!
    Sounds like the founding tribes will all have their own respective Queen.

Hmm, guess this is a heads up but just got an email from the shop I ordered my copy from that it looks like the release date has been bushed back a week to November 30th.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Does someone know what the heck happened with Diana's Daughter? I really had hype for that comic
    Earlier in this thread, it was state that Rucka abandoned his plans for Diana's Daughter because he couldn't make the idea work.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVmY0okkl0

17:30 mark.