Page 64 of 126 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

With WW and DC's track record, I'm leaning towards we probably won't get all 9 chapters but Jimenez's art on this one issue looks to be worth it alone. And that's before we even get to Ha and Scott).

Yeah, this is an ambitious project and could easily buckle under it's own weight. I really hope it's successful enough for all 9 books to be complete but will be fine if we at least get 3 books.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Christmas comes November 30th this year.
    quoted for truth.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

According to Jimenez on twitter, that spread of the Goddesses is them going through Tartarus to get to the Well of Souls.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

"The #OlympianGoddesses make their way through #Tartarus to the #WellofSouls. One of the spreads from #WWHistoria #Vol1 released by @DCComics last week! The GN due in stores 11/30, is written by the divine @kellysue; the gorge color here is by @hificolor #WonderWoman #Amazons"

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...352900/photo/1
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 10-25-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Jimenez did another interview talking about the project for anyone interested.

-Dionysius will also show up (KSD's notes describe something leaning towards non-binary).
    -All the gods will have two-to-three looks. Aphrodite is the only goddess who will likely have just one look (). Another reason Jimenez signed on to do this is because he didn't want to just redo the Perez designs again and this presented an opportunity to break from those designs.
    -Talked a bit his interpretation of Wonder Woman vs. Ares.
    -The book will make clear that these forms of the Gods are not their "true forms" and more how the Amazons perceive them to be. So they'll look multicultural due to the Amazons coming from a variety of peoples.
    -Apollo and Artemis will be childlike/preteen-ish visually, Apollo kind of going for a "spoiled rich kid" look.
    - Bad Guy Zeus confirmed. He'll also look like a living sentient storm, so that's why his skin is blue.
    -Don't go in expecting 100% "accuracy" to the original myths.
    -DeConnick prior to this was only a cursory Wonder Woman fan.
    -One of the only things they had quibbles over was Ares depiction (he'll have a bigger role in the later issues, Zeus will be the main antagonistic figure in the first issue).
    -Gonna put this next bit in spoilers:
    spoilers:
    Hera will ultimately not help in creating the Amazons. However, it seems she'll have some ulterior motive for it.
    end of spoilers
    -Hestia and Demeter are Jimenez's favorite gods he worked on for this.
    -There is "one big change" in this that KSD introduced in this that he expects will take people back.

He also talked about some amusing BTS stuff on his original WW run like the editorial stuff he had to deal with in "Gods of Gotham".
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-25-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Jimenez did another interview talking about the project for anyone interested.

-Dionysius will also show up (KSD's notes describe something leaning towards non-binary).
    -All the gods will have two-to-three looks. Aphrodite is the only goddess who will likely have just one look (). Another reason Jimenez signed on to do this is because he didn't want to just redo the Perez designs again and this presented an opportunity to break from those designs.
    -Talked a bit his interpretation of Wonder Woman vs. Ares.
    -The book will make clear that these forms of the Gods are not their "true forms" and more how the Amazons perceive them to be. So they'll look multicultural due to the Amazons coming from a variety of peoples.
    -Apollo and Artemis will be childlike/preteen-ish visually, Apollo kind of going for a "spoiled rich kid" look.
    - ***hole Zeus confirmed. He'll also look like a living sentient storm, so that's why his skin is blue.
    -Don't go in expecting 100% "accuracy" to the original myths.
    -DeConnick prior to this was only a cursory Wonder Woman fan.
    -One of the only things they had quibbles over was Ares depiction (he'll have a bigger role in the later issues, Zeus will be the main antagonistic figure in the first issue).
    -Gonna put this next bit in spoilers:
    spoilers:
    Hera will ultimately not help in creating the Amazons. However, it seems she'll have some ulterior motive for it.
    end of spoilers
    -Hestia and Demeter are Jimenez's favorite gods he worked on for this.
    -There is "one big change" in this that KSD introduced in this that he expects will take people back.

He also talked about some amusing BTS stuff on his original WW run like the editorial stuff he had to deal with in "Gods of Gotham".
    I'm surprised that Jimenez would say something in an interview that you find spoiler-worthy. I haven't read your spoiler and now I'm hesitant to read the interview because I don't want to be spoiled. LOL
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I'm surprised that Jimenez would say something in an interview that you find spoiler-worthy. I haven't read your spoiler and now I'm hesitant to read the interview because I don't want to be spoiled. LOL
    He prefaced it that it was a spoiler so it was fair warning. If you want listen but without spoilers, it's around the 37 minute mark so just skip about two minutes ahead.

It's not exactly a spoiler since it's something that happened during Perez's run and this is a bolder retelling of those events with some new elements added in.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think as far as that goes

spoilers:
    Zeus will be the main antagonist for the first three books and might suffer a defeat at the end of book 3, and much like in the Golden Age and Perez, Ares will be behind getting Heracles involved to seduce and take out Hippolyta. Because no way is DeConnick not going to touch Heracles
    end of spoilers