Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons and Wonder Woman: Diana's Daughter Announced

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...veiled-1092933

WONDER WOMAN HISTORIA: THE AMAZONS from Kelly Sue DeConnick (Bitch Planet) and Phil Jimenez (INFINITE CRISIS)
    A Homeric epic of the lost history of the Amazons and Queen Hippolyta’s rise to power. Featuring monsters and myths, this three-book saga spans history from the creation of the Amazons to the moment Steve Trevor washes up on the shores of Paradise Island, changing our world forever.

WONDER WOMAN: DIANA’S DAUGHTER (working title) from Greg Rucka (WONDER WOMAN, BATWOMAN)
    It's been 20 years since the world stopped looking to the skies for hope, help, and inspiration. Now the world keeps its eyes down, and the powers that have risen have every intention of keeping things that way. Amongst a scattered, broken resistance, a young woman seeks to reclaim what has been forgotten, and on the way will learn the truth about herself, her heritage, and her destiny.
    Last edited by Hypo; 03-08-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Was somewhat hoping it would be in the main continuity, but that would require a lot of reality warping/time travel hax. But it does sound interesting.

BANNED

Will most certainly be checking out Historia as soon as it comes out.

One thing I hope it does is show the Amazon's understanding of gender to be radically different from the mainstream thoughts surrounding gender in our world.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 03-08-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So I guess steve will likely be the father of diana's daughter? Will be nice to have more definitive wonder woman tales to recommend others.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Why couldn't the Amazon's team been the creative team for the main title?? Really looking forward to that book.
    Diana's Daughter sounds intriguing as well but will really depend on the artist for me.

I guess this means Lyta Trevor aka Fury will be used. If Steve is the father

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I guess this means Lyta Trevor aka Fury will be used. If Steve is the father
    I just hope it's not Superman because that's kind of stale and often poorly done except in Kingdom Come. Even in Kingdom Come there was this sense that the romance was doomed.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Why couldn't the Amazon's team been the creative team for the main title?? Really looking forward to that book.
    Three reasons I can think of.

DeConnick wants more freedom to with the character than DC would allow her with the canonical version.
    DeConnick and Jimenez can work at their own pace.
    Johns is currently dictating the direction of Wonder Woman in the main Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I just hope it's not Superman because that's kind of stale and often poorly done except in Kingdom Come. Even in Kingdom Come there was this sense that the romance was doomed.
    Rucka doesn't like the Superman/Wonder Woman ship, so there's no chance he's the father.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Rucka doesn't like the Superman/Wonder Woman ship, so there's no chance he's the father.
    Yeah Rucka only has two ships for Wonder Woman

Its Wonder Woman/Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman/Batman. Thats pretty much his ships and he defaults to one if he can't have the other, When Steve was old as sin in the previous Timeline he went Wonder Woman/Batman and now Batman is getting married and steve is young so he is back to Wonder Woman/ Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    If the girl in Diana's Daughter was the child of both Superman and Wonder Woman the resistance she is part of should have less trouble than their enduring.

BANNED

I'm not really convinced that the daughter will be a biological child. If she is then I can see DC sparing no moment to integrate her to their established continuity just to pair her up with Jon and Damian particularly if it gets rave reviews. With all this in mind I doubt either Superman and Batman will be the fathers especially not Superman as Rucka hates that ship.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Oh wow, I'm all over this. Especially Rucka's.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I'm not really convinced that the daughter will be a biological child. If she is then I can see DC sparing no moment to integrate her to their established continuity just to pair her up with Jon and Damian particularly if it gets rave reviews. With all this in mind I doubt either Superman and Batman will be the fathers especially not Superman as Rucka hates that ship.
    As long as it not the same song and dance that started thanks to Kingdom Come the only story that paired Superman and Wonder Woman well the rest failed horrendously.

I just hope that Historia will avoid the numerous pitfalls where The Odyssey of the Amazons always fell into. It's got some great potential, and I hope it'll be awesome, but it can fail badly. As for Rucka's work... the premise seems to be there to allow him to do everything I hated in early Rebirth but harder, better, stronger. I hope whatever comes out of it, it'll never be canon.
    Last edited by Korath; 03-08-2018 at 10:03 AM.