Page 31 of 126 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

New art on Instagram showing Philippus and someone from the Artemis faction. No name given, so she may be a new character. Pythia was mentioned as being in that group with Aella though, so maybe it is her?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLM1KXRBnWO/

He also says "approaching the finish line."

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    New art on Instagram showing Philippus and someone from the Artemis faction. No name given, so she may be a new character. Pythia was mentioned as being in that group with Aella though, so maybe it is her?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLM1KXRBnWO/

He also says "approaching the finish line."
    Looks like that might be Hippolyta in front of them too. Maybe this is connected to the scenes with blood on her faces from some of the other images he posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks like that might be Hippolyta in front of them too. Maybe this is connected to the scenes with blood on her faces from some of the other images he posted.
    It may be Hippolyta, but it may also be Aella. She was part of the Artemis tribe. But either way, I agree that it's probably connected to those scenes of Hippolyta and the dude getting an arrow through the head

Possibly the Artemis faction rescuing the Demeter faction?

Another thing is, in an old Tweet, Jimenez said the Amazons in this were a mix of revamped old and new characters. A lot of the Perez era Amazons have been named when he shares their designs, but this and a couple others aren't. This may be a whole new Amazon enitrely.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It may be Hippolyta, but it may also be Aella. She was part of the Artemis tribe. But either way, I agree that it's probably connected to those scenes of Hippolyta and the dude getting an arrow through the head

Possibly the Artemis faction rescuing the Demeter faction?

Another thing is, in an old Tweet, Jimenez said the Amazons in this were a mix of revamped old and new characters. A lot of the Perez era Amazons have been named when he shares their designs, but this and a couple others aren't. This may be a whole new Amazon enitrely.
    This speculation is killing me at this point, this book needs to be out post-haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This speculation is killing me at this point, this book needs to be out post-haste.
    I just want a list of the Amazons appearing. I'm obsessing over who is in the line up and trying to find a pattern. Io's presence is throwing me off because they are all otherwise Perez era names.

So who is the villain of this?

I don't think there is a villain. It's just an epic chronicle of amazonian history

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So who is the villain of this?
    I don’t think there’s be an overarching villain but I imagine Hercules and Ares will probably antagonistic roles when they show up.

Another snippet of Phillipus

Extraordinary Member

So I'm guessing a 2021 release of Historia isn't happening since it wasn't included in the "Believe in Wonder" WW 80 anniversary campaign announcement - here's hoping for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    So I'm guessing a 2021 release of Historia isn't happening since it wasn't included in the "Believe in Wonder" WW 80 anniversary campaign announcement - here's hoping for 2022.
    Probably. Jimenez said in one his art updates he was almost at the finish line but I guess that depends on how what he considers almost done.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-15-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Eh, still hoping for a 2021 release. That announcement was kind of pointing out stuff that broadly applied to other DC IPs and announced some books we already knew about (Earth One, the Nubia book, etc).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Black and Gold was announced after the "Believe in Wonder" campaign kickoff, so there is still a chance more books could be announced.

Extraordinary Member

Fair point.