Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 852
  1. #691
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,435

    Default

    I think my favorite is the one on the left, but I'm digging all three.

    Can't wait to see all the monsters!

  2. #692
    Spectacular Member Gitagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Jimenez shared a look at Cerebus.

    Good dog.

    Now wonder it took too long. This is extremely detailed.

  3. #693
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,435

    Default

    Everything looks like it's from Berserk (Miura...).

    Also that figure bowing to him on the pillar, I think that's Artemis.

  4. #694
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Everything looks like it's from Berserk (Miura...).

    Also that figure bowing to him on the pillar, I think that's Artemis.
    There's some other stuff he's shared where I think Artemis is commanding/riding Cerebus, so you're probably right.

    You can make out some antlers around where her head should be also.

  5. #695
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    There's some other stuff he's shared where I think Artemis is commanding/riding Cerebus, so you're probably right.

    You can make out some antlers around where her head should be also.
    I think I know the picture you are referring to. I actually think those animals she's riding are bears, to go along with the big armored battle cats that accompany Hera.

    The goddesses all have war animals, which is the coolest thing ever.

  6. #696
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think I know the picture you are referring to. I actually think those animals she's riding are bears, to go along with the big armored battle cats that accompany Hera.

    The goddesses all have war animals, which is the coolest thing ever.
    And Hera’s war animals are cats? Sweet!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  7. #697
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think I know the picture you are referring to. I actually think those animals she's riding are bears, to go along with the big armored battle cats that accompany Hera.

    The goddesses all have war animals, which is the coolest thing ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    And Hera’s war animals are cats? Sweet!
    Looks like it.


  8. #698
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Wooooooow. All of this looks so effing good, and I echo whoever said it looks like Berserk. Talk about hyperdetailed.

    This will def be Phil Jimenez's opus! And on Wonder Woman. It's kinda maybe some karmic balance for the editorial mangling of his early 2000s run on the main book.

  9. #699
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,128

    Default

    And remember that we're only gonna see the early days of the amazons. If all goes well, by book # 9 Paradise Island will be an advanced society with incredible technology.

  10. #700
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Wooooooow. All of this looks so effing good, and I echo whoever said it looks like Berserk. Talk about hyperdetailed.

    This will def be Phil Jimenez's opus! And on Wonder Woman. It's kinda maybe some karmic balance for the editorial mangling of his early 2000s run on the main book.
    Yeah, Jimenez was already by my favorite WW artist but looking from this issue look's like he's never getting topped. Though can't wait to see Scott's stuff.

  11. #701
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    I just hope it sells well and becomes an entry point for people looking to get into WW.

  12. #702
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks like it.

    I wonder if the other goddesses will have some war animals. Athena could have giant owls and snakes in her retinue. Ditto Demeter on the snakes and giant swine.

    Aphrodite can have attack dolphins, the assholes of the seas lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, Jimenez was already by my favorite WW artist but looking from this issue look's like he's never getting topped. Though can't wait to see Scott's stuff.
    I kind of feel bad for Ha being sandwiched between them. His issue is the one I'm looking forward to the least (though only in comparison, still pumped for it). He's still a great artist and I'm excited to see his work, it's just the other two are Jimenez and Scott

    I hope they keep up with getting top artists for this. Liam Sharp, Bilquis Evely and Aaron Lopresti would be awesome for some of the other issues.

  13. #703
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    7,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wonder if the other goddesses will have some war animals. Athena could have giant owls and snakes in her retinue. Ditto Demeter on the snakes and giant swine.

    Aphrodite can have attack dolphins, the assholes of the seas lol.
    Or Hestia and...

    *looks up Hestia's animal association*

    Pigs and donkeys.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I kind of feel bad for Ha being sandwiched between them. His issue is the one I'm looking forward to the least (though only in comparison, still pumped for it). He's still a great artist and I'm excited to see his work, it's just the other two are Jimenez and Scott

    I hope they keep up with getting top artists for this. Liam Sharp, Bilquis Evely and Aaron Lopresti would be awesome for some of the other issues.
    Oh yeah, Sharp in particular would be perfect for this series seeing his stuff on GL and Batman: Reptilian. Loved the bits we got from him when he did Ares, Aphrodite, and the other Themyscira stuff.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-30-2021 at 11:25 AM.

  14. #704
    Fishy Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Wild pigs are cool though.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

  15. #705
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wild pigs are cool though.
    Yeah, tusked boars could look pretty cool and savage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •