Page 72 of 126 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1885

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I must be the only one in these parts whose world isn’t rocked by Liam Sharp. I’d like to see Travis Moore do a book.
    Nah I'm with you, Liam's work isn't for me. Something about the proportions often seem off to me.

And speaking of Travis Moore, I did a re-read of both the Gail Simone run and the Odyssey arc by JMS and he did some fill in pages during both. His style has come on LEAPS since then.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Nah I'm with you, Liam's work isn't for me. Something about the proportions often seem off to me.

And speaking of Travis Moore, I did a re-read of both the Gail Simone run and the Odyssey arc by JMS and he did some fill in pages during both. His style has come on LEAPS since then.
    I haven't read Odyssey...but I did read Simone and didn't realize/recall that Moore did any work on it. I'm picking him solely based on the Afterworlds arc. :-)
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Gene Ha did an interview where he talked a bit about his issue of Historia (1:10 - 1:16 for anyone interested).

-He has about eight pages left for him to finish of his issue.
    -More talk on this being largely a bottom up revamp of Wonder Woman's mythos, similar to what Jimenez has already talked about.
    -As stated earlier, Zeus will not be Diana's father here but he also brought up "it's not an easy answer to what is the origin of Wonder Woman". I'm guessing this means if we get to Diana's creation it won't be something as simple as the clay origin.
    -Really hypes of Jimenez's art and talked a bit about what it's like being sandwiched in between two notable WW artists like Jimenez and Scott.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-15-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Another KSD interview for those interested;
    -She's currently working on the third issue with Scott.
    -Jimenez's issue will have the most double-page spreads.
    -She actually reads off some of the dialogue/text of the book. Opening prologue sounds rather interesting.
    -The pages of the Goddesses going traveling through the Underworld is each of finding their own separate way of getting into Hades. Demeter specifically pretty much walks through the front doors to meet with Hades.
    -Parts of this were inspired by problems she had with the Amazons in the Wonder Woman movie.
    -The second set of books (4-6) would be "The Empire Strikes Back" of this project if they were to happen. If I had a penny for every time...

Here's also a rough screenshot I was able to get of where she shared a look at one of the interiors.

Last edited by Gaius; 11-16-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Gene Ha did an interview where he talked a bit about his issue of Historia (1:10 - 1:16 for anyone interested).

-He has about eight pages left for him to finish of his issue.
    -More talk on this being largely a bottom up revamp of Wonder Woman's mythos, similar to what Jimenez has already talked about.
    -As stated earlier, Zeus will not be Diana's father here but he also brought up "it's not an easy answer to what is the origin of Wonder Woman". I'm guessing this means if we get to Diana's creation it won't be something as simple as the clay origin.
    -Really hypes of Jimenez's art and talked a bit about what it's like being sandwiched in between two notable WW artists like Jimenez and Scott.
    How long has Gene Ha been working on his portion of things if he is almost finished?! At this rate will we be seeing volume 2 this summer? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    How long has Gene Ha been working on his portion of things if he is almost finished?! At this rate will we be seeing volume 2 this summer? O.o
    He said he was brought in about a year after Jimenez started, so 2019-ish probably.

Oh wow! I had no idea this 'three artists' plan had been implemented for that long.
    Gosh...I can only assume the determination of whether or not we get a second arc will be decided based on the sales of the first volume. If their able to line up creatives and assuming there are no issues...hmm....Alot to think about

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I that's Antiope next to her

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I that's Antiope next to her
    I thought maybe Artemis at first but you're probably right. Probably the scene from the snippets he's shared earlier.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

And Phil confirms what some posters suspected: she's modeled after the Venus of Willendorf

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And Phil confirms what some posters suspected: she's modeled after the Venus of Willendorf
    Nice!

(10char)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~