Page 86 of 126 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1885

Well, it is literally the first non batcomic book to make the list, and with a price of 8 dollars, still whitout a deluxe hardcover released. I would say it has sold REALLY well

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Well, it is literally the first non batcomic book to make the list, and with a price of 8 dollars, still whitout a deluxe hardcover released. I would say it has sold REALLY well
    Goodness. I just looked at the list and literally every DC entry is some Batman-related title until you get to Historia. No wonder why DC overexposes Batman. The more they make the more folks buy. Damn.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Goodness. I just looked at the list and literally every DC entry is some Batman-related title until you get to Historia. No wonder why DC overexposes Batman. The more they make the more folks buy. Damn.
    Yea this is how Dc is making their money now. They literally just make more Batman books and not try to work and fix their own characters.

What do you expect? They ran every non Bat franchise into the ground in the last two decades. Batman is consistent, everyone else is a muddled mess.

Let's hope they did well has the first. If they do hopefully all nine books. I'm curious do you guys think if all goes well we could get a change in the cannon myths

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Let's hope they did well has the first. If they do hopefully all nine books. I'm curious do you guys think if all goes well we could get a change in the cannon myths
    Doubtful. DC currently seems wedded to the idea that Diana is Zeus's daughter and fans seem to like it too because they think it gives Diana and her power "legitimacy" if she's biologically tied to a powerful male god.

But that god is also one of the most horrific examples of misogyny and r*pe culture in the Greek myths, which is why I hate the idea with a passion, and much prefer what DeConnick is doing in HISTORIA.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Doubtful. DC currently seems wedded to the idea that Diana is Zeus's daughter and fans seem to like it too because they think it gives Diana and her power "legitimacy" if she's biologically tied to a powerful male god.

But that god is also one of the most horrific examples of misogyny and r*pe culture in the Greek myths, which is why I hate the idea with a passion, and much prefer what DeConnick is doing in HISTORIA.
    Ironiocally she has been weaker since she became the child of a powerful male god.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Ironiocally she has been weaker since she became the child of a powerful male god.
    I'm grateful that while we may not get the exact clay birth in Histora, we're definitely not getting Zeus as dad.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Depends if the later issues introduce stuff DC would want to latch on to. At most probably some of the Gods' designs popping up in the main books or allusions to it when the Amazons' backstory gets brought up.

Kelly and Phil are at this very moment reading through the first issue on livestream and explaining the hidden details page by page. It will stay recorded afterwards.

Some write-ups on The Word Balloon interview for those interested. To note, they only went through about half the issue, they said they'll come back later to do the second half. I'm also leaving some stuff out;

- Hercules should be in issue 3
    - Becky Cloonan’s cover will be Demeter-focused
    - There should be another special type of variant but it won't be leatherbound.
    - Jimenez plans on doing a limited run of prints of some ages
    - Catherine Deneuve and Katharine Hepburn were the basis for characterization for Hera
    - Zeus being giant was a Jimenez decision, that wasn’t in the script. The horns are from Zeus-Amon.
    - There will be more stuff in the second and third issues that shows flaws of the Goddesses, mainly Hera.
    - Artemis will probably have bigger role in later issues because of the shared named with Diana.
    - DC gave them pretty much complete creative freedom on this. There wasn't any issues of mandated censorship because of Batman: Damned.
    - Gene Ha will do an infographic on the six Amazon tribes and where they can be located. Probably also see more of the specific Amazon powers in his issue.
    - The masks on the Hecate tribe of their Amazons are their actual faces.
    - Philipus will have a major character beat/moment in the second issue. Her being part of the group of Amazons that meets Hippolyta isn't an accident/fanservice.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This was a delight to watch.

Glad to hear Philippus will have a big moment in book 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Kelly and Phil are at this very moment reading through the first issue on livestream and explaining the hidden details page by page. It will stay recorded afterwards.

Oh how I enjoyed this interview, thank you very much for sharing it.