Page 34 of 126 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I wish they would at least reveal what the release plan is exactly. Apparently other artists are working on this project too. Is each artist going to do an issue each? Are they all working in parallel? Will each issue be released as each artist finishes his issue, and thus become one of those series where we will have to wait a year between one issue and the next?
    Kelly Sue said they were most likely going to be a different artist for every issue, with #2 at least being worked on along with Phil. Maybe they will release an issue every other month?

It was also stated this would be a "trilogy of books," but also 9 issues. So maybe three issues = one book, and they are going to release three issues as Book 1 with a break in between? She said she'd like Phil to come back for another issue, so who knows?

As for other artists, I hope Nicola Scott, Liam Sharp and Bilquis Evely get asked at some point, perhaps for some of the later issues. Aaron Lopresti wouldn't hurt either. I also suspect that DeConnicks's collaborators Valentine de Landro and Emma Rios (Bitch Planet and Pretty Deadly respectively) might be in the artist roster.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wait, it's taken this long for just the one issue by Phil? I thought he was doing the whole thing and they just wanted it done before printing it. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wait, it's taken this long for just the one issue by Phil? I thought he was doing the whole thing and they just wanted it done before printing it. Jesus.
    Yep, just one issue (albeit one that is 64 pages). Plus I think all the design work for 50+ characters and their various looks which will presumably be applicable for the entire series and other artists will follow up on

Looking at all the detail he's packing into just one small panel, I think 9 64-page issues would kill the poor bastard lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Kelly Sue said they were most likely going to be a different artist for every issue, with #2 at least being worked on along with Phil. Maybe they will release an issue every other month?

It was also stated this would be a "trilogy of books," but also 9 issues. So maybe three issues = one book, and they are going to release three issues as Book 1 with a break in between? She said she'd like Phil to come back for another issue, so who knows?

As for other artists, I hope Nicola Scott, Liam Sharp and Bilquis Evely get asked at some point, perhaps for some of the later issues. Aaron Lopresti wouldn't hurt either. I also suspect that DeConnicks's collaborators Valentine de Landro and Emma Rios (Bitch Planet and Pretty Deadly respectively) might be in the artist roster.
    Yeah, I'd definitely like to see Sharp on another WW project after his GL work and the previews from Batman: Reptilian.

I noticed that if you count the number of named/featured Amazons in the Perez run, you get 29. Them + Io makes me think we have our 30.

Meaning background extra Amazons like Hippodamia, Calyce and Ismure are fertile ground for Jimenez to go nuts in revamping them and making them his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I'd definitely like to see Sharp on another WW project after his GL work and the previews from Batman: Reptilian.
    He seems to be able to do awesome and experimental work on a quick schedule too. If he only does one issue with enough notice, I forsee him doing something beautiful. As great as his art in the Rucka one was, Rucka's scripts didn't allow for him to cut loose on the mythological stuff that much. The brief glimpse we got of Ares in his glory was great and I wish we had more of it.

I feel like the journey of making this book is an Odyssey all on its own.

I noticed that if you count the number of named/featured Amazons in the Perez run, you get 29. Them + Io makes me think we have our 30.

Meaning background extra Amazons like Hippodamia, Calyce and Ismure are fertile ground for Jimenez to go nuts in revamping them and making them his own.

He seems to be able to do awesome and experimental work on a quick schedule too. If he only does one issue with enough notice, I forsee him doing something beautiful. As great as his art in the Rucka one was, Rucka's scripts didn't allow for him to cut loose on the mythological stuff that much. The brief glimpse we got of Ares in his glory was great and I wish we had more of it.
    Yeah, his myth stuff was great when he got the chance

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I feel like the journey of making this book is an Odyssey all on its own.
    About 3-4 years, so almost halfway there.

I wish they would at least reveal what the release plan is exactly. Apparently other artists are working on this project too. Is each artist going to do an issue each? Are they all working in parallel? Will each issue be released as each artist finishes his issue, and thus become one of those series where we will have to wait a year between one issue and the next?
    Did we ever find out who those other artists are?

Not yet. Which worries me since we have no idea if every issue is being done by each artist at the same time or not. Imagine that the 5th issue hasn't even started being drawn. It could take 2 more years for us to get that issue, and we still wouldn't be half way done.

Not yet. Which worries me since we have no idea if every issue is being done by each artist at the same time or not. Imagine that the 5th issue hasn't even started being drawn. It could take 2 more years for us to get that issue, and we still wouldn't be half way done.
    I think it depends on who the other artists are and what their styles will be like, and what stories are going to be told with them. Some may go for a more minimalist style. Jimenez's art style is packed with so much detail it almost puts Berserk to shame, I don't think other artists are going to be aping him because that would be an exercise in futility, so they likely won't take as long.

I also think they will have issues 1-3 coming out soon as "Book 1", and there will likely be a break until Book 2 (#s 4-6) come out. And DeConnick said she'd love for Phil to draw one of those issues, but said it'd be more likely each issue has its own artist.

Phil shared this image of Hera, along with confirmation that he's hoping for a late Fall release!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPQa1--hUYr/

Hera.jpg

Phil shared this image of Hera, along with confirmation that he's hoping for a late Fall release!

Hera.jpg
    YyyyyyyESSSSS

He says he will tease more as we get closer, and I want more Amazon tear sheets dammit.

Hera.jpg
    Ah, cool been a while since he updated.

Great seeing more of this stuff colored, already blowing away every other BL project.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Three reasons I can think of.

DeConnick wants more freedom to with the character than DC would allow her with the canonical version.
    DeConnick and Jimenez can work at their own pace.
    Johns is currently dictating the direction of Wonder Woman in the main Universe.
    Wait, really? Johns is dictating WW? Oh boy.