Page 19 of 126 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

I feel bad for whoever has to follow Jimenez based on the art he's shared so far.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I feel bad for whoever has to follow Jimenez based on the art he's shared so far.
    Boy howdy do I as well, because LOOK AT IT

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDpPLD0hBSi/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Boy howdy do I as well, because LOOK AT IT

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDpPLD0hBSi/
    Jeez, all that detailing. Wouldn't mind getting some figures based off these designs like White Knight has gotten.

The one in the top left corner's Ram-themed helmet reminds me of how Sharp drew Ares' helmet.

One next to her looks a bit like Alkyone.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-09-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Jeez, all that detailing. Wouldn't mind getting some figures based off these designs like White Knight has gotten.

The one in the top left corner's Ram-themed helmet reminds me of how Sharp drew Ares' helmet.

I love the ram helmet one too! These almost feel like amazons based off of zodiac signs.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I can see that now too.
    The one on the bottom center might be the black Amazon that was part of the Circle. I think her name was Charis? And i think the one to the right of her might be Aella.

REALLY curious as to who the one with the golden mask is meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I love the ram helmet one too! These almost feel like amazons based off of zodiac signs..
    Yeah, seeing these completed and colored looks like the book will be worth the wait.
    I can see that now too.
    The one on the bottom center might be the black Amazon that was part of the Circle. I think her name was Charis? And i think the one to the right of her might be Aella.

REALLY curious as to who the one with the golden mask is meant to be.
    Makes me wonder if the story will incorporate elements of the Circle into it.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-09-2020 at 06:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Gaius;5088202]
    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I love the ram Wait will be worth it to see all these completed and colored.

Makes me wonder if the story will incorporate elements of the Circe into it.
    It wouldn't surprise me. Io is present so we're not just getting Amazons created by Perez, and if that is indeed Alkyone we most likely will see the other three Circle members.

We know that the first issue will be the goddesses deciding they need the Amazons and probably the creation of the original 30, and the last issue will feature Steve's arrival. Any stories in between people want to see or think we will see in between?

- Diana's birth (natch). Which may include Alkyone and the Circle
    - I would like to see an issue of the Amazons developing their iconic technology
    - The founding of Bana-Mighdall
    - Something related to Circe
    - If they are going with the Diana Trevor stuff, that will likely receive an issue

I asked Phil on Instagram about Euboea and he said Euboea will indeed appear, "but armored differently than what you're used to "

I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I asked Phil on Instagram about Euboea and he said Euboea will indeed appear, "but armored differently than what you're used to "

I can't wait!
    Ooh nice! I guess that means she's isn't one of the ones in the most recent image? We also will be getting some new faces mixed in.

All their ornate Miura-style armor is soooooo neat. NOW DO VILLAINY INC PHIL

EDIT: Double post

It wouldn't surprise me. Io is present so we're not just getting Amazons created by Perez, and if that is indeed Alkyone we most likely will see the other three Circle members.

We know that the first issue will be the goddesses deciding they need the Amazons and probably the creation of the original 30, and the last issue will feature Steve's arrival. Any stories in between people want to see or think we will see in between?

- Diana's birth (natch). Which may include Alkyone and the Circle
    - I would like to see an issue of the Amazons developing their iconic technology
    - The founding of Bana-Mighdall
    - Something related to Circe
    - If they are going with the Diana Trevor stuff, that will likely receive an issue
    Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this story ends up trying to distill a lot of scattered lore elements of Themyscira into one story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I can't wait!
    Good to hear, she's a favorite of mine of the minor Amazons.

Concerned this could be in jeopardy now what with DC Implosion 2.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Concerned this could be in jeopardy now what with DC Implosion 2.
    Fear that's been in the back of my mind since corona hit the comic industry and forced everyone to rein in everything hard back in March.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-10-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Head of Black Label being let go is not good news at all. Still this would be the perfect tie-in to that Amazons show they’re planning. Don’t know if that will save it however.

That is a concern of mine as well. It would be the worst part of this already crappy news for me. Phil was posting stuff about the layoffs on his Twitter and Instragram, but nothing to indicate the project got canned.

Aside from TGL season 2, this is literally the only DC book I have to look forward to.