Page 21 of 126 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There was a photo on Jimene'z instagram that had what looked like rough sketches of some characters. Having trouble finding it now, but one of them looked like Hercules.
    It may have been a character design and not necessarily an indication he'd show up in the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Was it stated Hercules will be in the book?
    Not that I recall, but given he's shown up in most Wonder Woman origins or Amazon history stuff I'd be surprised if he didn't. Think the only one where he was excised completely was Legend of Wonder Woman..
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Given the importance of Herakles in both the myths around the Amazons and in earlier Wonder Woman runs, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't turn up at one time or another. But which issue? That's wholly another question.
    Stuff shared so far seems to be on the Olympians and early days of the Amazons, so that's why I think he'd show up in later issues.

Another update from Phil, this time revealing Aella. Also confirming that Pythia is present, and they are a couple:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFKHU8QBbkw/

So confirmed Amazons so far:
    Hippolyta
    Philippus
    Io
    Aella
    Pythia
    Euboea
    Oenone
    Timandra
    Venilia
    Consivia

Considering those present, I expect we'll be seeing the likes of Antiope, Epione, Hellene and Egeria.

What is also nice is that since Aella (a fairly minor character before) is race bent here, Philippus is no longer the only prominent named black Amazon. So far we have three, Philippus, Aella and Venilia. Philippus and Euboea being pretty much the only POCs in the Perez Amazon cast needed some updating. There was also Niobe but she was very minor, though hopefully we'll be seeing her here too.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-15-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Another update from Phil, this time revealing Aella. Also confirming that Pythia is present, and they are a couple:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFKHU8QBbkw/

So confirmed Amazons so far:
    Hippolyta
    Philippus
    Io
    Aella
    Pythia
    Euboea
    Oenone
    Timandra
    Venilia
    Consivia

Considering those present, I expect we'll be seeing the likes of Antiope, Epione, Hellene and Egeria.

What is also nice is that since Aella (a fairly minor character before) is race bent here, Philippus is no longer the only prominent named black Amazon. So far we have three, Philippus, Aella and Venilia. Philippus and Euboea being pretty much the only POCs in the Perez Amazon cast needed some updating. There was also Niobe but she was very minor, though hopefully we'll be seeing her here too.
    Interesting to see she apparently has powers in that she can talk to birds because of her Artemis patronage. Wonder if this means other Amazons have something like this.

Also he says in the description that he’s seems near the end and is looking to wrap it up. Hopefully that means a solicitation date in the near-ish future. Would be cool if these “Who’s Who” sheets get put in an eventual trade collection or in the back of the issues.

The red mark on face amongst the uncolored white and black makes also me think of Kratos from GoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Interesting to see she apparently has powers in that she can talk to birds because of her Artemis patronage. Wonder if this means other Amazons have something like this.

Also he says in the description that he’s seems near the end and is looking to wrap it up. Hopefully that means a solicitation date in the near-ish future. Would be cool if these “Who’s Who” sheets get put in an eventual trade collection or in the back of the issues.

The red mark on face amongst the uncolored white and black makes also me think of Kratos from GoW.
    I expect these Who's Who sheets will at least be in the trade, but I'm hoping they're in the back of the first issue. Considering how long it took him to draw this one issue and who knows when all 9 will be out, I want it NOW lol.

Well we're pretty much for sure getting it next year now unfortunately. I hope they gave up on the plan of releasing it along with the movie, because that seems pointless now.

I expect these Who's Who sheets will at least be in the trade, but I'm hoping they're in the back of the first issue. Considering how long it took him to draw this one issue and who knows when all 9 will be out, I want it NOW lol.

Well we're pretty much for sure getting it next year now unfortunately. I hope they gave up on the plan of releasing it along with the movie, because that seems pointless now.
    Pity the artist(s) who have to follow this

But yeah, I’d probably buy these in this uncolored black and white drawings given what he’s shared so far.

I hope to god that these are in the trade, or even a special Who's Who with the concept art. They're absolutely spectacular and worthy of as much praise as possible.

I wonder if we'll see non-Perez amazons like Mala, Althea, Dalma, Fatsis, etc. (sorta just kidding about that last one; what was Marston thinking with that mess.)

The Amazons are all so varied and distinctive. Love it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I hope to god that these are in the trade, or even a special Who's Who with the concept art. They're absolutely spectacular and worthy of as much praise as possible.

I wonder if we'll see non-Perez amazons like Mala, Althea, Dalma, Fatsis, etc. (sorta just kidding about that last one; what was Marston thinking with that mess.)
    Io's been confirmed and some pics posted make me think Alkyone will also show.

With Jimenez's WW fandom I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to cram in almost every named Amazon he can get away with.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

With Jimenez's WW fandom I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to cram in almost every named Amazon he can get away with.
    Will Mala get any love?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I would definitely hope to see Mala and Althea. At least the early parts of this will be focused on on the original 30 Amazons though. Mala always reads to me as being one of the younger Amazons, so she may join later if not be part of Diana's age group. Who knows?

Althea should be with the original group though. No reason we can't have both her AND Epione.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Will Mala get any love?
    I would definitely hope to see Mala and Althea. At least the early parts of this will be focused on on the original 30 Amazons though. Mala always reads to me as being one of the younger Amazons, so she may join later if not be part of Diana's age group. Who knows?

Althea should be with the original group though. No reason we can't have both her AND Epione.
    Yeah, I imagine if Mala does show it will be in later parts presumably where Diana is still a kid given childhood friend is Mala's usual role.

Though I guess we'll see if the story goes with other kids or Diana being the only child.

Great stuff in the new updates. I can hardly wait to read the finished product, I'm sure it'll be sweet.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I wonder if the Bana will show up. If they do, hopefully they'll be handled better than they tend to be.