Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798
Results 1,456 to 1,459 of 1459
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That is the hope, yes.
    Yes. Even from a business persective, it pays to have a prestigious series (and it helps this one deserves all the praise).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel like Phil Jiminez is likely the frontrunner.

It deserves to win everything. Kelly Sue made a story full of gravitas and guttural rage and inspiration.

I'm surprised that Book One counts as "stand alone" but I'm happy that it does
    I'm hoping they choose craft over popularity. Because honestly, nobody comes close to Jimenez's work in HISTORIA.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel like Phil Jiminez is likely the frontrunner.

It deserves to win everything. Kelly Sue made a story full of gravitas and guttural rage and inspiration.

I'm surprised that Book One counts as "stand alone" but I'm happy that it does
    I’d say it technically does “stand alone” in that you could read it and feel like you get a full story. But honestly it kinda seems like they were willing to bend the definition a bit just to recognize it.

The fact that it got this many noms after just 1 issue is bananas and absolutely well-deserved. Both volumes are among the best comics I’ve read and everyone involved is so clearly, deeply proud of it. I hope Gene Ha gets some love next year (and if Nicola’s work is up to her usual standard, her as well)!

Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdvYl9hO8Fc/
    So, #WWHistoria #Vol1 was nominated for four #EisnerAwards this year, including one for my queen @kellysued for Best Writer, and one for me (!) for Best Artist.

I’m pretty thrilled about it.

Everyone who worked on this project busted their asses in incalculable ways, including editors @andykhouri, @whattheshea, and @logovisual — and colorists @evergreenfajardo, @arifprianto.arf, and #HiFiColor. And letterer @claytoncowles, who was also nominated!

The Eisners are the biggest awards in our industry, a bit like our Academy Awards — and Will Eisner was my teacher back in college, which makes this even more special.

Very grateful indeed. I guess I’d better book my flight to San Diego for #SDCC