Page 109 of 126 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1885

Hmm, looks like it's been pushed back again to December 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, looks like it's been pushed back again to December 27th.
    Ohhh...
    I hope it's not delayed anymore

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Listened to this yesterday, cool stuff! It's clear that he's not really a Wonder Woman guy but still some very cool insights. And couldn't help but to notice he referred to Phil Jimenez's issue as "volume 1, number 1"...hope I'm not overthinking it

His comments about the first 10 pages of Nicola's issue have me very curious. He describes them as very joyful and beautiful because it's all about them embracing Hippolyta as their new leader, but of course KSD has been very clear about the fact that the story is about the Amazons losing to the gods so I can't imagine her revising it to undercut the tragedy. Wonder what approach she'll take. My assumption is that Gene's not familiar with the lore, so poor guy's probably gonna get the rug pulled out from under him...

Also interesting to hear him mention Sanya Anwar having a lot of ideas for the character. It's kinda clear that she hasn't done a ton of research on her history because a dead giveaway is "I just don't know why Wonder Woman hasn't really delved into all of the characters of Greek myth before!!" (pretty much like saying "why doesn't Superman ever go to space??"), but I did really like the story she wrote for Black and Gold so it'd be cool to see her take another crack at it.

Also wow, sounds like Nicola's still working on Historia. Makes sense that it got delayed, but wonder how far along she is (I think she mentioned that she's painting it in addition to doing pencils):

https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/s...aYmwHZC-U9LNMA

Can't wait to see this book, it's WILD how much each artist has put into it.

Kelly Sue and Gene Ha did a live Word Balloon interview today, lots of interesting stuff! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFQxORESuVs

Historia-related things that came up:

- Still no sure word on whether or not we'll get vols. 4-9, but she did keep calling books 1-3 the "first arc" (Nicola Scott also referred to them as such on Twitter). Issues 1 and 2 sold very well so her main concern is just if DC's gonna be cool with how slowly she works.

- Kelly Sue isn't basing it on any existing WW stories or drawing from a specific run. She also says the ending is classically tragic but not "intolerably depressing."

- A major story beat in book 3 is Hippolyta doing something that the other Amazons see as a betrayal. That's as specific as she got. (If I had to guess: Maybe it's her agreeing to be isolated on Themyscira?)

- No immediate plans to explore the Hippolyta/Philippus romance, but she did mention that she likes the relationship.

- Gene goes through a few really cool little things but arguably the coolest is that Tarpeia's axe in the training scene is modeled after an actual ancient labrys that's associated with the Amazons of myth and coincidentally looks like the WW eagle.

- Fun little nerdy tidbit: Kelly Sue chose the name Tarpeia as a reference to Tarpé Mills, the creator of the Miss Fury comic strip.

She also shows a few unlettered pages from book 3 at about the hour mark. They're about as clear as you'd expect from someone holding a print up to a webcam but they look beautiful, can't wait to see in all their glory.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Kelly Sue and Gene Ha did a live Word Balloon interview today, lots of interesting stuff! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFQxORESuVs

- Still no sure word on whether or not we'll get vols. 4-9, but she did keep calling books 1-3 the "first arc" (Nicola Scott also referred to them as such on Twitter). Issues 1 and 2 sold very well so her main concern is just if DC's gonna be cool with how slowly she works.

- Kelly Sue isn't basing it on any existing WW stories or drawing from a specific run. She also says the ending is classically tragic but not "intolerably depressing."

- A major story beat in book 3 is Hippolyta doing something that the other Amazons see as a betrayal. That's as specific as she got. (If I had to guess: Maybe it's her agreeing to be isolated on Themyscira?).
    Hmm, maybe something with Hercules?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

- A major story beat in book 3 is Hippolyta doing something that the other Amazons see as a betrayal. That's as specific as she got. (If I had to guess: Maybe it's her agreeing to be isolated on Themyscira?)

- No immediate plans to explore the Hippolyta/Philippus romance, but she did mention that she likes the relationship.

- Gene goes through a few really cool little things but arguably the coolest is that Tarpeia's axe in the training scene is modeled after an actual ancient labrys that's associated with the Amazons of myth and coincidentally looks like the WW eagle.

- Fun little nerdy tidbit: Kelly Sue chose the name Tarpeia as a reference to Tarpé Mills, the creator of the Miss Fury comic strip.

She also shows a few unlettered pages from book 3 at about the hour mark. They're about as clear as you'd expect from someone holding a print up to a webcam but they look beautiful, can't wait to see in all their glory.
    Love Nicola's goddess spread.

Tarpeia was also an Amazon name dropped in the Perez NTT run. I wonder if Wolfman or Perez chose that name for a similar reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, maybe something with Hercules?
    Hippolyta's dead husband has been mentioned in each book. I wonder if it will pertain to that, or if he's not dead at all and Hercules IS the husband?

Tried to get as good a pic of the spreads shared by DeConnick.

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait for next month!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I need that Artemis design as a statue post haste.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait for next month!
    Worth the wait if you ask me.

I can't wait to see that Demeter design in all its glory, omg. And one thing about Nicola is she's gonna draw some real pretty animals.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I can't wait to see that Demeter design in all its glory, omg. And one thing about Nicola is she's gonna draw some real pretty animals.
    Hopefully we get some mythological beasts and monsters for her to flex on.

This war with the gods is going to look gorgeous