Page 100 of 126 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1885
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Could it possibly be the birth of Diana this early?
    That does certainly sound like it.

I don't normally like bucking tradition and having it be this early, but this series has more than enough good will at this point for me to give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Could it possibly be the birth of Diana this early?
    Not many other candidates coming to mind.

Maybe the island's creation if it's not Diana?

What are the odds they'll surprise us and have it be Nubia?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What are the odds they'll surprise us and have it be Nubia?
    What do you mean? Nubia is already in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What do you mean? Nubia is already in the book?
    I was referring to this from last page.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is what Nicola said. I hope it's about Historia

Attachment 122628

I hope when she says arc it means that historia got the approval
    Some are speculating she is talking about the birth of Diana, but I'm just throwing out the wild idea of it being Nubia. It's far-fetched I admit.

Nubia is already in Historia. She is one of the 30 original amazons. She belongs to the tribe of Demeter
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-09-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I was referring to this from last page.

Some are speculating she is talking about the birth of Diana, but I'm just throwing out the wild idea of it being Nubia. It's far-fetched I admit.
    Nubia is already in the book though

My mistake then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I hope it's the creation of the Island, but from the tone of the Tweet it seems like the other thing.
    I don't remember how many times the creation of Themyscira was drawn... I do remember Perez's issue #1 where on a couple of panels they say they built, cleaned, planned and blah. I do have more in mind the number of times the Island was destroyed and then rebuilt -rolleyes-.
    I think that the creation and occupation of the island deserves to be told and drawn in a more iconic way for everything that it represents in the wonderverse.

Speaking of Nubia, I think DeConnick and Jimenez said she would play a big role at some point, but I'm not sure if she's being set up for a role in book 3 or somewhere in 4-9 if we get them. Beyond one cameo on the maps of their territories, she and her lioness familiar didn't show up in book 2.

Thero and Lyke (and their bears) will apparently have a moment in book 3, and Philippus was put in the crew that rescued Hippolyta because their relationship will play a part later. The only other part of the crew Hippolyta initially encountered is Alkyone, so I wonder what (if any) role she will play. Alkyone being around and Diana possibly being born early doesn't seem to be a coincidence, along with the fact that Philomela and Charis are around too (weird that they didn't throw Myrto in for a full Circle set).

It could be Hippolyta defeating Hercules, which while not drawn as much as Diana's birth, has gone through a few depictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I hope it's the creation of the Island, but from the tone of the Tweet it seems like the other thing.
    I don't remember how many times the creation of Themyscira was drawn... I do remember Perez's issue #1 where on a couple of panels they say they built, cleaned, planned and blah. I do have more in mind the number of times the Island was destroyed and then rebuilt -rolleyes-.
    I think that the creation and occupation of the island deserves to be told and drawn in a more iconic way for everything that it represents in the wonderverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It could be Hippolyta defeating Hercules, which while not drawn as much as Diana's birth, has gone through a few depictions.
    Hmm, yeah Hercules; Peters in the Golden Age, Perez (?), and Earth One. It's not as common but it's popped up.

Still think it's Diana based off Scott's wording and I could also see these first three issues being bookended with the first issue where Hippolyta gave away a child and in the third one she gains one.

Speaking of Nubia, I think DeConnick and Jimenez said she would play a big role at some point, but I'm not sure if she's being set up for a role in book 3 or somewhere in 4-9 if we get them. Beyond one cameo on the maps of their territories, she and her lioness familiar didn't show up in book 2.

Thero and Lyke (and their bears) will apparently have a moment in book 3, and Philippus was put in the crew that rescued Hippolyta because their relationship will play a part later. The only other part of the crew Hippolyta initially encountered is Alkyone, so I wonder what (if any) role she will play. Alkyone being around and Diana possibly being born early doesn't seem to be a coincidence, along with the fact that Philomela and Charis are around too (weird that they didn't throw Myrto in for a full Circle set).
    I know Jimenez said in an interview he mainly used pre-existing Amazons as a jumping off point so not sure if they'll adapt The Circle or it's just Jimenez is a fan of the storyline and wanted to include characters from it.

Hmm, what I remember is that they said that about Phillipus... About Nubia, Phil said that it was not the Nubia that we all know, but rather as a tribute using his name, or something like that.

yes for that!

Lol it is definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, Diana's creation. Like, "the end of an arc rather than a beginning" and Nicola Scott saying she's dreamt of drawing it her whole career (especially considering it wasn't shown in Year One) makes it extremely obvious. Plus Kelly Sue has said multiple times that Diana is an important character in the story even though Hippolyta is the main protagonist. Trust the process y'all, I have no doubt that it's gonna be great.

Do you have a source for any of this? I'm really intrigued, especially by the comment about Hippolyta and Philippus' relationship.

Also I highly doubt the Alkyone in this is the same as the one in The Circle - I think Phil just used other writers' Amazon names as a tribute. Menalippe and Antiope are also nothing like any other versions of them (though I suppose we'll see if Menalippe becomes an oracle or Antiope splits off and forms the Bana). The only original Amazons who actually resemble any past versions are Philippus and Io.

Still think it's Diana based off Scott's wording and I could also see these first three issues being bookended with the first issue where Hippolyta gave away a child and in the third one she gains one.
    Yep, Scott's choice of words still make it sound more like Diana out of all the possible options.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Do you have a source for any of this? I'm really intrigued, especially by the comment about Hippolyta and Philippus' relationship.
    I believe it was in this interview, or the follow up interview. These are LONG, but well worth a watch. Philippus being there at Hippolyta's first meeting with the Amazons is noted as being important.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Also I highly doubt the Alkyone in this is the same as the one in The Circle - I think Phil just used other writers' Amazon names as a tribute. Menalippe and Antiope are also nothing like any other versions of them (though I suppose we'll see if Menalippe becomes an oracle or Antiope splits off and forms the Bana). The only original Amazons who actually resemble any past versions are Philippus and Io.
    Oh yeah, if we get any references to Gail's original Circle story, Alkyone won't be exactly 100% similar. But the videos above do have Phil mention that he had a red moon in Hippolyta's first meeting with the Amazons as a shout out to Diana's birth in "the Circle" to go along with Alkyone's presence. Antiope and Philippus being present means they are major characters, and Kelly and Phil refer to Thero/Lyke as "theirs" among the Amazons so that's why they get page space. Alkyone being in their company at this key scene makes me think she might have some sort of big role. Why use her over other members of the Hecate tribe?

I believe it was in this interview, or the follow up interview. These are LONG, but well worth a watch. Philippus being there at Hippolyta's first meeting with the Amazons is noted as being important.

Thanks for sharing! I'd watched the first interview but not the second one and it made me go back and notice a bunch of new things.

And Kelly Sue saying there was a really painful scene in vol. 3 that she was dreading writing...ooooof. We all know what it is. Come to think of it, I'm actually glad Diana's birth will be the hopeful, uplifting note that ends the first arc - it would be a huge bummer if the series ended there and everything culminated with the Amazons' loss, humiliation, and exile. I guess you'd get some reprieve knowing they were starting to build Themyscira but that's pretty small solace after 3 books pummeling the reader with tragedy.

Oh yeah, if we get any references to Gail's original Circle story, Alkyone won't be exactly 100% similar. But the videos above do have Phil mention that he had a red moon in Hippolyta's first meeting with the Amazons as a shout out to Diana's birth in "the Circle" to go along with Alkyone's presence. Antiope and Philippus being present means they are major characters, and Kelly and Phil refer to Thero/Lyke as "theirs" among the Amazons so that's why they get page space. Alkyone being in their company at this key scene makes me think she might have some sort of big role. Why use her over other members of the Hecate tribe?
    Yeah, knowing The Circle is one of Phil's favorite arcs may point to something (and shows that he has good taste ). The red moon fits with Alkyone, but red is also used as a thematic device through the entire book so it's hard to tell which inspired which. And The Circle definitely shares some DNA with Historia so some influence would make sense - in addition to just being really great stories that add a lot of depth to the Perez origin, they're the only 2 WW books that I absolutely don't think could have been written by men.