Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1885

I really hope it's the creation of Paradise Island. I really don't want Diana to be born this early and do nothing for the in the world for 3000 years.

And I doubt Kelly has any interest in doing it this early. These women getting their paradise is the perfect hopeful end of the first arc. And the biggest reason why I doubt it is that Kelly Sue doesn't actually get Diana. This isn't a criticism, it's what she said in an interview. Diana is too clean for her. She doesn't have a wound, trauma (this is sort of true, but also not). So I don't see her introducing a huge character this early when she doesn't really connect with her.

Hmm…If Diana is born at the end of part three, I’m having a hard time imagining what parts four through nine would be about.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Hmm…If Diana is born at the end of part three, I’m having a hard time imagining what parts four through nine would be about.
    I think the Bana could cover a couple of books at least.

Maybe Doom's Doorway as well

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think the Bana could cover a couple of books at least.

Maybe Doom's Doorway as well
    Yes, I suppose those are possibilities. I guess after reading somewhere that Diana was not DeConnick’s focus I didn’t imagine she would plot six books covering Diana’s growing up years.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I really hope it's the creation of Paradise Island. I really don't want Diana to be born this early and do nothing for the in the world for 3000 years.

And I doubt Kelly has any interest in doing it this early. These women getting their paradise is the perfect hopeful end of the first arc. And the biggest reason why I doubt it is that Kelly Sue doesn't actually get Diana. This isn't a criticism, it's what she said in an interview. Diana is too clean for her. She doesn't have a wound, trauma (this is sort of true, but also not). So I don't see her introducing a huge character this early when she doesn't really connect with her.
    I think this is the whole reason why Kelly is writing this book. Her main beef with the Amazons in the 2017 movie was that they had no purpose or culture - we just saw that they were thousands of years old and spent all of their time preparing for a war that they had no intention of actually fighting. Everything was centered on Diana's departure and life on Themyscira seemed pointless.

There's a millennia-long timespan between the beginning of Themyscira and Steve Trevor's landing that charts the rise of an entire civilization. The fact that we're scratching our heads trying to figure out what could happen during that time other than the birth of a magic baby just shows how badly the Amazons have been neglected and how much unexplored narrative potential is there. It's also interesting how we're so conditioned to expect "chosen one" narratives that the idea of the extra-special one being there without being the focal point feels outrageous.

Plus this is one of the claims she contests on the first page of the first issue:

"The Amazons sequester themselves from the world of men, save for Diana...a gift from the warriors of Themyscira."

There's clearly an intention to de-center Man's World in the narrative. It sounds like she plans to situate Diana among the Amazons rather than framing everything around her eventual departure, and I absolutely love that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I think this is the whole reason why Kelly is writing this book. Her main beef with the Amazons in the 2017 movie was that they had no purpose or culture - we just saw that they were thousands of years old and spent all of their time preparing for a war that they had no intention of actually fighting. Everything was centered on Diana's departure and life on Themyscira seemed pointless.

There's a millennia-long timespan between the beginning of Themyscira and Steve Trevor's landing that charts the rise of an entire civilization. The fact that we're scratching our heads trying to figure out what could happen during that time other than the birth of a magic baby just shows how badly the Amazons have been neglected and how much unexplored narrative potential is there.
    Yes that's definitely the point of the book and you've put it quite well. I personally really want to see all the interesting events that could have happened throughtout this time on the island and how Diana will impact this moment.

There's clearly an intention to de-center Man's World in the narrative. It sounds like she plans to situate Diana among the Amazons rather than framing everything around her eventual departure, and I absolutely love that idea.
    I really don't think Kelly has any intention of exploring this much of Diana. Even if she doesn't make Diana the center of the story, there would be far too many things happening with Diana for her to just put her in the background.

Plus, Hippolyta's scene with that baby was a late addition to this epic. One that changed a lot of things, but she clearly had planned out the 9 part story without it. And she mentioned that Hera's scene with the baby's soul was a set up for something that would happen way down the line (okay she didn't specify that it was about the baby's soul but it was obvious what she was refering to).

Diana could be only be a supporting character for most of the series, not getting into focus until maybe the last three books (or last one entirely).

It would be interesting to see other Amazons venture out into Man's World and see how they handle situations and how their approach differs from Diana's.

We could see Nubia becoming the Champion of Doom's Doorway for instance.

One of Perez's annuals featured different Amazons and their lives including one who sacrificed their life to protect the entrance to Doom's Doorway. I would love to see an expansion of stuff like that.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

We got the first look at the artwork. Nicola Scott posted this on her twitter. Beautiful

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-15-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We got the first look at the artwork. Nicola Scott posted this on her twitter. Beautiful

Fcking gorgeous

Incredible Member

Amazing. Every artist work on this is bringing their A+ game and it's spectacular. The wait is a little painful ngl, but really worth it.

So stunning. Every version of Hera has been amazing.

I'm really hoping that before vol 3 comes out we have an announcement for book 4

I could cry she is so stunning

Nicola Scott is always a treasure but it seems like she's gonna outdo herself here and I can't wait!

Also...I wonder if Nicola is going to feature the Amazon Phil modeled after her and use herself as reference. I reaaaallly hope she does.
    Last edited by bardkeep; 07-16-2022 at 09:45 AM.