Page 105 of 126 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1885

I loved Jill Thompson's Dr Psycho stories in the late 80s or early 90s. But I wasn't at all a fan of her style with watercolor in True Amazon. So if it's more like the former I would be excited, if it's more like the latter, I would rather not
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-25-2022 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I loved Jill Thompson's Dr Psycho stories in the late 80s or early 90s. But I wasn't at all a fan of her style with watercolor in True Amazon. So if it's more like the former I would be excited, if it's more like the latter, I would rather not
    I didn't like her work in the Coronation Special at all tbh...looked sort of strange and blobby. I liked her work in True Amazon more, though I definitely appreciated it more than I enjoyed it. And I prefer her excellent pencilling work on the Perez run to both.

I also didn't like True Amazon in general but that's a whole different thing. We're so lacking lesbian romances for Diana (be they in or out of canon) and we finally get another one that actually puts a queer relationship at the center of her origin...only for it to be yet another Bury Your Gays story. Sigh.

That's another thing I hope gets explored more in Historia - authentic, happy lesbian relationships that don't have miserable endings. And hopefully that includes Hippolyta and Philippus. There hasn't been much time to explore the relationships between the Amazons just yet, but we have seen a little bit of it so far with Pythia getting flirty and this cheeky lil moment carved into Zeus' palace with all of the events of the story:
    Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 9.34.54 AM.jpg

I feel like Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Jimenez's Eisner win isn't being celebrated enough. Has DC Comics even congratulated them on their social media? I didn't see anything on Twitter. Is it on Facebook or Instagram?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I feel like Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Jimenez's Eisner win isn't being celebrated enough. Has DC Comics even congratulated them on their social media? I didn't see anything on Twitter. Is it on Facebook or Instagram?
    I don't think the official DC account even posted anything about the Eisners. They DID, however, remind us that the hierarchy of power in the DC universe is about to change. What a relief, I don't think The Rock has made that clear enough.

It's definitely been getting lots of love, though - the Comixology account posted about it and lots of creators from in and out of comics sung their praises (I follow Bryan Fuller and he tweeted about it, which was very cool and unexpected). It definitely feels like the most hype Historia has gotten since vol. 1 dropped.

It gives me the same feeling, in fact in the Spanish editorial when they announce the news they do it with a photo of The Nice house on the Lake and they celebrate Tynion more than anything, the news of the WW Historia awards was a footnote.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It gives me the same feeling, in fact in the Spanish editorial when they announce the news they do it with a photo of The Nice house on the Lake and they celebrate Tynion more than anything, the news of the WW Historia awards was a footnote.
    This is basically what I'm seeing as well.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Facebook is them just talking about the panels they themselves held (lol, keep taking the L, guys).

Levitz has been making posts about each winner on his FB. He hasn't got to Jiminez and Kelly yet.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Facebook is them just talking about the panels they themselves held (lol, keep taking the L, guys).
    DC taking L's without even realizing it.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Given what Kelly said. I bet she is in talks with Dc on making more books. Maybe they are waiting for the sales for the third book

When do you think we could hear about the third book

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Given what Kelly said. I bet she is in talks with Dc on making more books. Maybe they are waiting for the sales for the third book

When do you think we could hear about the third book
    If you're talking about books 4-9, then probably not for a while.

Leatherbound variant for #3

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Thank you! I have no idea how to make the embedded tweet. LOL!