Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    When is Historia scheduled for release?
    No solicited release yet. When Jimenez is halfway finished with issue 3 is when it will get solicited. Or in other words: When It’s Ready.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ah!
    Thank you, Vordan.
    I didn't realise it was a three-issue story. I initially thought it was a single-issue GN.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The solicits mention that we're getting Hippolyta's rise to power through Steve crashing on the island. So I imagine we're getting some Diana somewhere in there, and I wonder how they are going to address her birth. If the desire of DC is to make this a general origin story for the Amazons that can apply to multiple versions, maybe they will just skip over the details of Diana's conception altogether so it can apply to either the clay birth and demigod origins.

Everything looks very Homeric for what I assume will be the early issues, though I hope to see some Sci-fi Amazons by the time Steve crashes.

Jimenez mentioned the "Well of Souls" in a picture of Demeter, so I assume we're getting the reincarnated cavewoman stuff, much to my chagrin. At least it will look pretty.

Incredible Member

I'm glad DC is fine with waiting to release it until it's ready; I'd much rather wait and have a regular release schedule than have delays.

I know it wouldn't fit exactly under the "more mature" label, but I wish DC and Adam Hughes could see their way to finish and release the All Star Wonder Woman he nearly finished. Hughes very publicly declared it dead, but I still hold out hope...and the only reason this "almost project" crossed my mind is that I remember Hughes was turning in pages out of order so DC wouldn't solicit the project early. I guess either the editorial culture has changed, or maybe the view on the Black Label line is that, as prestige format projects, it's better to not pressure the artists.

Incredible Member

Oh, and I have a Gene Ha fantasy!

So, Gene Ha is going to be doing an unnamed DC project, and he had this to say: "The DC project is with a writer I deeply admire and haven’t worked with yet. Again, the writer has been given near carte blanche creative control."

Carte blanche? A writer he's never worked with? Well, bless my boots, Ha has never worked with Rucka (near as I can tell - just covers for Rucka's Superman stint), no artist for WW: Diana's Daughter has ever been announced, and Black Label seems to be about creative freedom...

Seriously, I would love to have Ha on a WW project, even if the project were focused on her daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just hope that Historia will avoid the numerous pitfalls where The Odyssey of the Amazons always fell into. It's got some great potential, and I hope it'll be awesome, but it can fail badly. As for Rucka's work... the premise seems to be there to allow him to do everything I hated in early Rebirth but harder, better, stronger. I hope whatever comes out of it, it'll never be canon.
    What did you hate about early Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Oh, and I have a Gene Ha fantasy!

So, Gene Ha is going to be doing an unnamed DC project, and he had this to say: "The DC project is with a writer I deeply admire and haven’t worked with yet. Again, the writer has been given near carte blanche creative control."

Carte blanche? A writer he's never worked with? Well, bless my boots, Ha has never worked with Rucka (near as I can tell - just covers for Rucka's Superman stint), no artist for WW: Diana's Daughter has ever been announced, and Black Label seems to be about creative freedom...

Seriously, I would love to have Ha on a WW project, even if the project were focused on her daughter!
    Ha would be amazing. I've always loved his work - especially Top Ten. His layouts and action scenes and character designs and everything are wonderful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I was late to the party of checking out Jimenez's Instagram, but holy crap, if nothing else Historia will look absolutely gorgeous.

Attachment 87084

So here we have the goddesses of Olympus. From left to right, I think the top row is Artemis, Persephone and Athena. Hera is in the middle. Bottom row from left to right, he confirmed on other photos that the one on the left is Demeter and the right is Hestia, and I'm thinking that's Aphrodite in the middle.

We're also confirmed for male Gods to at least be getting Hermes, Hephaestus and Poseidon. I think Phil just topped Chiang in terms of designs for the Olympians for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Who is this? Hera?

It seems to be given how there is a peacock near her

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Phil is a GODD!!!
    Historia is going to be STUNNSATIONAL!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    This looks like something out of Berserk, and I am 100% here for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who is this? Hera?
    Think so, it's from this interview but the piece isn't labeled:http://www.tcj.com/they-left-me-alon...-phil-jimenez/

So I'm just gonna spam some teaser images from Jimenez in this thread, because I seriously cannot wait for this book:

One of many images of Hippolyta:

Hippolyta1.jpg

Another image of who I think is Hera:

Hera.jpg

Hermes, who is reminiscent of Chiang's a bit. Love the details of the Caduceus

Hermes.jpg

Cont:

Poseidon:
    Poseidon.jpg

Hephaestus:
    Hephaestus.jpg

Cerberus and maybe Hermes?

Cerberus.jpg