Page 110 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1885

lol, got to the part of the interview where DeConnick explicitly said she's not doing Daddy Zeus.

Another interior shot I tried to get a good grab of.

Incredible Member

Don’t DC have a habit of killing titles that are slow in coming out, they certainly did with Yara’s solo title.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Don’t DC have a habit of killing titles that are slow in coming out, they certainly did with Yara’s solo title.
    That was meant to be a monthly though, right? This is a prestige Black Label series with an eye towards making it an evergreen book when it's all collected.

I think they'd have a different set of criteria. It took Phil like four years just to get the first one out, and they seem pleased with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Certainly possible future delays for books 4-9 could ward of DC from doing more. Though like Siege said, different wing, expecations, and end goals of Black Label vs. a monthly title.

BL has had it's own delay problems, probably Clay Mann not being able to due 12 issues of Batman/Catwoman probably being the most notable so far. Jimenez certainly did take his time but of course YMMV on if the wait was worth it.

Yara's book's problem was pretty self-inflicted on DC's part imo. Jones already a history of delays on both Catwoman and her own creator-stuff, any editor or bigwig at DC should have seen that book getting delays.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-19-2022 at 03:28 PM.

My guess is they hold back on more Historia until the lead up to WW3. Or maybe given how slow some of these artists are, DC greenlights them after the third issue because it will take until 2026 for the next three issues to be ready (I have no problem waiting).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm kinda sad cause I'm a trade guy and I'll prolly only get the trade for this after I'm dead

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

where are y'all getting info that Historia is more than 4 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    where are y'all getting info that Historia is more than 4 issues?
    DeConnick has brought it up in interviews a couple of times.

Her original pitch was nine issues but DC approved three and would greenlight the others based on if they were happy with the performance of the first three.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm kinda sad cause I'm a trade guy and I'll prolly only get the trade for this after I'm dead
    Tell me about it, I usually trade-wait but now between the singles, the variants, and the eventual trade, I'll have three copies of this book technically.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    DeConnick has brought it up in interviews a couple of times.

Her original pitch was nine issues but DC approved three and would greenlight the others based on if they were happy with the performance of the first three.

Tell me about it, I usually trade-wait but now between the singles, the variants, and the eventual trade, I'll have three copies of this book technically.

ahh thanks, dang they greenlight a bazzilion Bat-titles but gods forbid we get 9 issues of wonder woman

Plus if we get all nine issues, there will inevitably be the big deluxe collected edition.

I wonder which one will include all of Phil's more detailed design notes, and maybe Kelly's script for at least the first issue? I'm hoping they are in the collection for issues 1-3, but I wouldn't be surprised if they saved them for an Absolute edition or something.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    ahh thanks, dang they greenlight a bazzilion Bat-titles but gods forbid we get 9 issues of wonder woman
    Ikr?

I'd happily trade all of DC's current line to get all nine issues, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Plus if we get all nine issues, there will inevitably be the big deluxe collected edition.

I wonder which one will include all of Phil's more detailed design notes, and maybe Kelly's script for at least the first issue? I'm hoping they are in the collection for issues 1-3, but I wouldn't be surprised if they saved them for an Absolute edition or something.
    Sounds like the only Absolute Edition I'd buy, lol.

Wonder what Scott's BTS bonus stuff might be if she does one like Jimenez and Ha.

Incredible Member

I'm also double dipping for this one.

Nicola Scott had this to say of what Tribe she is in

42D96C92-F114-4408-827E-1CC99ECE672D.jpg

Surprised she didn't say Hestia lol...

Surprised she didn't say Hestia lol...
    I wonder how much Timandra we will get in this issue