Page 111 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1885
    Incredible Member

I'm really, really hyped for Scott's full pages in this. She's already one of my favorite WW artists and everyone is bringing their A+++ game to this.

We have a new page she posted on insta

220B67BA-FEC1-4037-9547-4D58AD72B3E7.jpg

I hope this isn't the end but the beginning of something more

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClfMKOrvvSP/
    Penthesilea, Queen of the tribe of Demeter, first of the Goddess-born Amazons.
    Born fully formed, like her sisters, in her verdigris armour.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Oh wow, is she really gonna do a countdown with the entire cast?

Feed us Nicola!

Nicola's Hippolyta design was already my all-time favorite from the main book so I wasn't sure how she was gonna top it, but WOW, she delivered. I think that's my favorite Polly ever.

Special bonus, a full set of defiant-looking Hippolytas:

And the detailing on Penthesilea's armor is BANANAS! Unreal that she drew and painted all of it on paper.

I thought it was a little odd that they were pushing for the very end of December rather than waiting for January (since people will be away for the holidays, LCSes may be closed, best-of--year lists will already be finished, etc.) but it really looks like they're planning it with Eisners in mind. I'm guessing sales-wise they're also looking at this as more of an evergreen title.

Comparison with Jimenez and Ha's Penthesilea

This is from today - Nicola Scott says thinks volumes 4-6 were greenlit! Don't want to get my hopes up but amazing news if true!

Can't wait to hear who the next batch of artists will be. The act is pretty much impossible to follow at this point, so really hope they can find some more great folks who are crazy enough to say yes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Scott may just become my favorite artist in this series (and that's sayign something). I still wanna see the full pages before my final judgement but she's managed to combine her vibrant and colorful style with the more rugged look of the book in general into a perfect mix.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClkNpz0PAQm/
    Pythia, Queen of the tribe of Aphrodite!

Amazing Member

Seeing Nicola’s version of Pythia hurts in a good way. If they ever revamped Queen Clea, I’d want her to wear a costume similar to hers. They’re so similar that I thought that Phil was making a reference. I also originally thought that Menalippe was supposed to look like Trinity… but ignore that old theory.

She’s an Amazon from a tribe associated with water. The Venturians (or Auranians) were vain. Aphrodite is the goddess of love and beauty. And Clea had a snake and feather theme as well (don’t get me started on sacred serpents). Pythia is named after a title for the prophetess of Delphi.

These are loose connections, I know. But damn, I love her design. I can’t wait to read this book.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azurescarf View Post
    Seeing Nicola’s version of Pythia hurts in a good way. If they ever revamped Queen Clea, I’d want her to wear a costume similar to hers. They’re so similar that I thought that Phil was making a reference. I also originally thought that Menalippe was supposed to look like Trinity… but ignore that old theory.

She’s an Amazon from a tribe associated with water. The Venturians (or Auranians) were vain. Aphrodite is the goddess of love and beauty. And Clea had a snake and feather theme as well (don’t get me started on sacred serpents). Pythia is named after a title for the prophetess of Delphi.

These are loose connections, I know. But damn, I love her design. I can’t wait to read this book.
    I wouldn't mid Clea being worked into this story as an off-shoot of the Aphrodite tribe, or connected to Poseidon in some way.

But if we get any other classic villains in this series aside from Ares, I think it will be Circe.