Page 122 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1885
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I knew Diana’s creation would be the finale of this chapter but how we got there was still so surprising and satisfying!

I want more!!!

The listings for the book online refer to this as the “third and final chapter.” But I see some of you are anticipating what may come next. Has there been any confirmation of more books?
    Nicola Scott said on Twitter that she believed 4-6 were approved, and DeConnick has been pretty coy with it.

I think this is "the final chapter" of Act 1 (issues 1-3). So they have some wiggle room in the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Nicola Scott said on Twitter that she believed 4-6 were approved, and DeConnick has been pretty coy with it.

I think this is "the final chapter" of Act 1 (issues 1-3). So they have some wiggle room in the wording.
    Gracias! 10/chars
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Also one of the nicest things is to have a book, a series....with one consistent artist throughout the entire book. DC cant even get a basic event with 1 artist and the main title switches artists like every 3 issues.

I hope so. I thought I had read it was originally supposed to be ten books, but then had been limited to three.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I hope so. I thought I had read it was originally supposed to be ten books, but then had been limited to three.
    It was originally pitched as 9, but only the first three got approved to start. 1-3 can act as a standalone story if need be, but 4-6 apparently greatly depend on 7-9 being a follow up to conclude it.

Bardkeep speculated a few pages back that 4-6 got the green light, but DeConnick may be fighting for 7-9 as well, and won't want to do the next three and risk it ending on a downer note if she can't get the final three out.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

so IF the next six are approved, wonder who the artists will be? Will we keep the three we have and rotate them again? Find six new artists? (Although I really would love to see Phil draw the last book as a nice bookend to the story)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    so IF the next six are approved, wonder who the artists will be? Will we keep the three we have and rotate them again? Find six new artists? (Although I really would love to see Phil draw the last book as a nice bookend to the story)
    I think Phil said he wouldnt come back until issue 9.

Gene Ha/Nicola definitely have to return though for at least 2 issues each.

But would love to see Jason Fabok

A HUGE one would be....Alex Ross but I know his relationship with DC is burned at the moment and probably his pay would be more than they'd want to fork over.

Joelle would also be great, the pages she drew in WG were great.

So:
    Jason Fabok
    Alex Ross
    Joelle Jones
    Dan Mora
    Bruno Redondo
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-28-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Did a second read through, really looking forward to reading this collected. Story is a great example of what WW's world could and be when it's not held down by the rest of the DC Universe and mainline DC's editorial nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Think DeConnick said ideally, she'd like each of the three to do 4-9 with Jimenez as the last for bookends (which Jimenez said he'd do if things lined up)

She's said if that doesn't workout than artists she'd want to work on this project would be Bilquis Evely, Benjamin Dewey, Cliff Chiang, Collen Doran, Joelle Jones, and Olivier Coipel.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-28-2022 at 09:18 PM.

Did Kelly say anything more on the other books if they are having ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Did Kelly say anything more on the other books if they are having ?
    Gave an interview where I think she said books 4-6 could probably happen if DC was okay with her process and Scott said in a tweet she believes that next three have already been approved.

Reading again and this is such a small thing but I really love that Nicola's baby Diana looks like her grown-up Diana. I wonder if she matched their expressions intentionally - even the flush of her cheeks is consistent.

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 12.07.25 PM.jpg

Also knowing how great the artwork is in Year One and how much better Historia looks in comparison really puts in perspective how ridiculously good Nicola's work was here. The painting really makes a world of difference, just incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Think DeConnick said ideally, she'd like each of the three to do 4-9 with Jimenez as the last for bookends (which Jimenez said he'd do if things lined up)

She's said if that doesn't workout than artists she'd want to work on this project would be Bilquis Evely, Benjamin Dewey, Cliff Chiang, Collen Doran, Joelle Jones, and Olivier Coipel.
    I feel a little bad that we're immediately jumping to "what's next?!" but it's true that there are so many lingering questions!

All of those artists would be amazing picks but I think Bilquis Evely in particular would absolutely kill it. Her work in The Dreaming definitely tells me she'd make some real magic with Historia.

Another artist I'd love to see on the project is Jen Bartel. I think she'd do especially gorgeous work in a volume focused heavily on the gods.

Before Historia, if I was to make a top 10 favorite characters list if the WW franchise, Hera and Antiope wouldn't be on it and Hippolyta would be a few rankings lower. After this, she climbed the ranks and the other two would definitely be included

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Reading again and this is such a small thing but I really love that Nicola's baby Diana looks like her grown-up Diana. I wonder if she matched their expressions intentionally - even the flush of her cheeks is consistent.

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 12.07.25 PM.jpg

Also knowing how great the artwork is in Year One and how much better Historia looks in comparison really puts in perspective how ridiculously good Nicola's work was here. The painting really makes a world of difference, just incredible.

I feel a little bad that we're immediately jumping to "what's next?!" but it's true that there are so many lingering questions!

All of those artists would be amazing picks but I think Bilquis Evely in particular would absolutely kill it. Her work in The Dreaming definitely tells me she'd make some real magic with Historia.

Another artist I'd love to see on the project is Jen Bartel. I think she'd do especially gorgeous work in a volume focused heavily on the gods.
    Yeah, this was a level up for Scott as much as the first was for Jimenez.

Before Historia, if I was to make a top 10 favorite characters list if the WW franchise, Hera and Antiope wouldn't be on it and Hippolyta would be a few rankings lower. After this, she climbed the ranks and the other two would definitely be included
    Oh yeah, I definitely view Hera's role in WW stuff way differently now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, this was a level up for Scott as much as the first was for Jimenez.
    Evely leveling up will be great to witness to if/when we get her on a book

Also, can we talk about how great the named members of the seventh tribe are? Catia, Tarpeia, Galen and Kallikrates are such cool additions to the Amazon lore. Kelly Sue said they were her favorite tribe and it comes through in the writing. Aside from Hippolyta and Antiope (and to a lesser extent the other queens), they have the most fleshed out characterizations among the cast.

There is also the black girl among the four Amazons Hippolyta sends away. In issue #2, she was among the first group Hippolyta freed, and she stands out as the only one not on her knees when the Amazons come out of the shadows. I really want to know her name, because I like her vibe and if she plays a part in the creation of the Bana, all the better.