Page 124 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1885

10 is a great placement, especially considering it was based entirely on book 2 (which is arguably the weakest of the 3, though that's like choosing the worst course at a Michelin star restaurant). Wonder how it would've shaken out if the votes had been tallied after book 3 came out. And most of the top 10 is really solid, with Ducks absolutely deserving the #1 spot.

But Nightwing at #4?? Over not only Historia but also the likes of Saga, Catwoman: Lonely City, The Good Asian, It's Lonely at the Center of the Earth, and Nightmare Country? I'm pretty sure Tom Taylor is bribing critics or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    10 is a great placement, especially considering it was based entirely on book 2 (which is arguably the weakest of the 3, though that's like choosing the worst course at a Michelin star restaurant). Wonder how it would've shaken out if the votes had been tallied after book 3 came out. And most of the top 10 is really solid, with Ducks absolutely deserving the #1 spot.

But Nightwing at #4?? Over not only Historia but also the likes of Saga, Catwoman: Lonely City, The Good Asian, It's Lonely at the Center of the Earth, and Nightmare Country? I'm pretty sure Tom Taylor is bribing critics or something.
    Never doubt the power of Dick Grayson/Barbara Gordon and Bratfamily fanservice.

Jimenez and Scott were my favorites but do like seeing Ha get some recognition, even he said it wasn't easy having to come in between two very famous Wonder Woman artists lol.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-05-2023 at 08:13 AM.

I also think it's due to the artwork all I see it many buying the comics only
    For the artwork or just for the covers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I guess this means Lyta Trevor aka Fury will be used. If Steve is the father
    It's popular to pair Diana with Superman or Batman but those guys have their own corners of the DCU with romantic interests. The best that can be done is not making Steve a himbo but a man worthy of Diana who can challenge and play off her character.

The idea of a Steve/Diana relationship being a major focus in this universe gives me the ick, not gonna lie. So does the idea of this Diana (or especially this Hippolyta) getting thrust into some DCU/Justice League nonsense.

It's not even that it wouldn't fit (it's not terribly distant from the Perez lore), it'd just be like this video of DJ Khaled playing Bob Marley's guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    The idea of a Steve/Diana relationship being a major focus in this universe gives me the ick, not gonna lie. So does the idea of this Diana (or especially this Hippolyta) getting thrust into some DCU/Justice League nonsense.

It's not even that it wouldn't fit (it's not terribly distant from the Perez lore), it'd just be like this video of DJ Khaled playing Bob Marley's guitar.
    So you're not down for one of those multiverse Justice League books no one cares about that has this Hippolyta as the WW stand-in with Vampire Batman, Stan Lee Green Lantern, and DKOS Superman.

Yeah, this is why the thread's title should have been changed. Diana's Daughter has been canned and there are no plans to develop it at the moment. I think bat22 was looking at early pages of this thread and answered an old question before Diana's Daughter was dropped.

DeConnick has mentioned no plans of including Steve or anyone outside of the Amazons and the gods.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, this is why the thread's title should have been changed. Diana's Daughter has been canned and there are no plans to develop it at the moment. I think bat22 was looking at early pages of this thread and answered an old question before Diana's Daughter was dropped.

DeConnick has mentioned no plans of including Steve or anyone outside of the Amazons and the gods.
    DeConnick did say Steve would be included, but only at the very end to set up Diana as Wonder Woman. Though we might actually only see his plane about to crash, not even himself

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

My mistake. Didn't know about the cancellation, though my stance on a Steve romance over Supes or Bats remains.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    DeConnick did say Steve would be included, but only at the very end to set up Diana as Wonder Woman. Though we might actually only see his plane about to crash, not even himself
    Diana seeing Stave's plane about to crash from a distance is my prediction for the final scene of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    My mistake.

10 Greatest DC Comic Issues Of 2022, Ranked

8. Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons #2

1.Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons #3

https://www.pastemagazine.com/books/...omics-of-2022/

In development for years by artist Phil Jimenez and writer Kelly Sue DeConnick, Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons was finally released late last year with its second installment published in April of this year. The three-issue series, which concludes in a couple of weeks, marks a complete retelling and history of the Amazons starting with Queen Hera and the goddesses of Olympia. Simply put, this book is stunning and the combination of Jimenez’s line work alongside colors from Hi-Fi (Brian Miller and his wife Kristy) put it over the top in terms of quality.

DeConnick’s myth creation and deep dives into the DC Comics history of Wonder Woman provides for an enthralling read. In Wonder Woman Historia #2, artist Gene Ha has taken over the illustration duties as Hippolyta searches for the astonishing women who saved her life and gathers a tribe of her own. The final chapter, with artwork by Nicola Scott, is due on Dec. 27. According to Previews, the series culminates with an all-out war against the gods and the birth of “one of the greatest protectors the world has ever known.”

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

My leather edition of 3 came in, now just to find a decently priced 2 and im complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Why is it burned? What happened?
    WB refuses to pay him any royalties for his designs/creations.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scre...-kingdom-come/
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-06-2023 at 02:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

Phil Jimenez is selling art from Historia:

https://www.modernmythologycomicart....ez-ww-historia