Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1885

From ICV2

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    From ICV2

Oh cool - I missed that ICv2 resumed their reporting based off the comic hub data.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wonder if Heracles being dead will lead to a "Challenge of the Gods" situation? Like maybe his soul is in Tartarus, and Zeus challenges the Amazons to free him to "earn" their release from Apollo as warden. Maybe it will be an adventure Diana goes on even before Steve crashes.

I'm not interested in him being redeemed, but his being killed before he violates some Amazons would make a redemption storyline for him an easier pill to swallow.

From ICV2

Should be a much stronger seller as a trade
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wonder if Heracles being dead will lead to a "Challenge of the Gods" situation? Like maybe his soul is in Tartarus, and Zeus challenges the Amazons to free him to "earn" their release from Apollo as warden. Maybe it will be an adventure Diana goes on even before Steve crashes.

I'm not interested in him being redeemed, but his being killed before he violates some Amazons would make a redemption storyline for him an easier pill to swallow.
    I think that's the last we saw of Herc in this continuity.

I felt more bad for the Mantis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably/hopefully. I don't think it's too surprising considering the massive gap in between issues and being released on the last Tuesday of the year after a holiday season. I think DeConnick already said DC was sastified with the sales of the first two so we'll see.

From ICV2

where is this from? And where does nightwing place

I can see it. Hopefully it's a strong sell the moment it comes out after so far black label trades have done well as trade
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-10-2023 at 05:07 AM.

I want a Treasury sized absolute edition !

From ICV2

That's disappointing.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully but when it comes to trades there's stuff like DKR, Watchmen and then there's everything else. The other Black Label WW book Wonder Woman: Dead Earth debuted as the 6th best selling trade and then was off the top 20 the next month, if you go back to the sales charts pre-DC leaving Diamond when we had actual numbers #6 would equate to a few thousand copies sold, granted this would only cover comic book stores and not normal book stores but yea.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    where is this from? And where does nightwing place
    ICv2 reports sales numbers based off the comichub point of sale data, which is using data from "over 125 stores" - there are 3000+ comic book stores world wide so it's not a complete picture. Nightwing #99 ranked #23 in December according to their data.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Hopefully but when it comes to trades there's stuff like DKR, Watchmen and then there's everything else. The other Black Label WW book Wonder Woman: Dead Earth debuted as the 6th best selling trade and then was off the top 20 the next month, if you go back to the sales charts pre-DC leaving Diamond when we had actual numbers #6 would equate to a few thousand copies sold, granted this would only cover comic book stores and not normal book stores but yea.
    Dead Earth definitely got nowhere near the hype of Historia, which has already won multiple Eisners. Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow is probably a better example of a trade that sold way better than the individual issues and it's been selling consistently great for a while now.

Either way ICv2 is notoriously unreliable/misleading, not to mention the fact that it doesn't account for digital sales. And again, it released at the very end of December. But it's still disappointing for sure, even if only DC knows what it actually looks like. It'd suck to have to wait for hardcover because we may not know about more issues being greenlit for a long time, but what can ya do.

Incredible Member

ICv2 reports sales numbers based off the comichub point of sale data, which is using data from "over 125 stores" - there are 3000+ comic book stores world wide so it's not a complete picture. Nightwing #99 ranked #23 in December according to their data.
    125 of 3000 is about 4%. That borders on irrelevancy. Plus all the other biases people have mentioned. I still don't get why people give it any thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Dead Earth definitely got nowhere near the hype of Historia, which has already won multiple Eisners. Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow is probably a better example of a trade that sold way better than the individual issues and it's been selling consistently great for a while now.

Either way ICv2 is notoriously unreliable/misleading, not to mention the fact that it doesn't account for digital sales. And again, it released at the very end of December. But it's still disappointing for sure, even if only DC knows what it actually looks like. It'd suck to have to wait for hardcover because we may not know about more issues being greenlit for a long time, but what can ya do.
    Yep, why I plan on putting the hardcover on pre-order even though I usually prefer paperbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    125 of 3000 is about 4%. That borders on irrelevancy. Plus all the other biases people have mentioned. I still don't get why people give it any thought.
    I know it's not particularly reliable, just sharing it because it's the only gauge we have. Like said above, only DC truly knows how much it sold.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Dead Earth isn't a great comparison I agree, but it also had things going for it that Historia didn't, like a traditional release schedule. re: Supergirl what are you basing it's been selling consistently well off of? Based off ICv2 it had a decent two month debut but it seems like you don't trust those numbers.

To be clear I think you're right to take the current ICv2 numbers with a giant grain of salt given the sample size but I still think they have some level of utility.

Either way ICv2 is notoriously unreliable/misleading, not to mention the fact that it doesn't account for digital sales.
    Well even the Diamond sales numbers, which were more accurate, never accounted for digital and per my understanding outside of a few exception the digital numbers don't move the needle significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    'cause it's all we got. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways re: the next 3 issues of Historia, if/when they're approved I hope DC opts for a more traditional release schedule, also probably need to relaunch it with a new #1.

Anyways re: the next 3 issues of Historia, if/when they're approved I hope DC opts for a more traditional release schedule, also probably need to relaunch it with a new #1.
    I'd figure that's happen either way.

Something "Wonder Woman Historia: Themyscira/Paradise"

Dead Earth isn't a great comparison I agree, but it also had things going for it that Historia didn't, like a traditional release schedule. re: Supergirl what are you basing it's been selling consistently well off of? Based off ICv2 it had a decent two month debut but it seems like you don't trust those numbers.
    I was basing it off of the digital sales charts but it sounds like they may actually be less reliable than the ICv2 charts...