Page 18 of 126 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Rucka was on the Word Balloon podcast and confirmed that Diana's Daughter is indefinitely shelved, said he just couldn't get the story to work. He said it's possible that he'll figure it out one day and then circle back to DC to see if they still want to do it but as of now it's not happening.
    Huh. I'm a little surprised that a writer of Rucka's experience pitched the idea in the first place then.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Another update from Jimenez, this time showing Hera and some mythological beasts.

Still bummed he won't be drawing the whole series, but I will treasure this first issue like nobody's business:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDEbuschozT/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Another update from Jimenez, this time showing Hera and some mythological beasts.

Still bummed he won't be drawing the whole series, but I will treasure this first issue like nobody's business:

Hera’s neck must be sour from that massive headdress on her head.

Looks like also an Artemis sketched out in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Huh. I'm a little surprised that a writer of Rucka's experience pitched the idea in the first place then.
    Not necessarily. He could have had a big idea but never managed to find a satusfying way to materialize it after having offered the plot, while he was certain he would, for plenty of reasons. It happens often, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Not necessarily. He could have had a big idea but never managed to find a satusfying way to materialize it after having offered the plot, while he was certain he would, for plenty of reasons. It happens often, I suspect.
    Yeah finishing stories is hard.

Does anyone have a link to Rucka saying he won't be doing Diana's Daughter? I can't find anything on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does anyone have a link to Rucka saying he won't be doing Diana's Daughter? I can't find anything on Google.
    It was talked about on the Word Balloon podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000485999518

Extraordinary Member

Guess "Homeric" is a fitting description since that's shaping up to be a comparable cast size to Homer's works.

Really dying to know who the 30 Amazons are. And if they are all from the Perez days (aside from Io), or if some new ones will be present

I hope Io isn't the only previous Amazon they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I hope Io isn't the only previous Amazon they use.
    From what has been teased so far, we have some obscure Perez ones like Timandra, Venilia and Consivia. Jimenez also shared a teaser of a black Amazon, who most likely is Philippus considering the other confirmations

Wait. Where did you hear that he wasn't drawing the whole series?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Wait. Where did you hear that he wasn't drawing the whole series?
    A few pages back there is a link to an interview Kelly Sue DeConnick gave where she said he was drawing the first issue, and different artists would be doing #2 and 3. She said ideally Phil would come back for #4 and #7 so each artist gets three issues, but it may also be a different artist for each of the nine.

Considering the wide variety of stuff Phil has been teasing, either this first issue is going to cover a LOT of story or some of his stuff is being scrapped. And I hope it is not the latter

A few pages back there is a link to an interview Kelly Sue DeConnick gave where she said he was drawing the first issue, and different artists would be doing #2 and 3. She said ideally Phil would come back for #4 and #7 so each artist gets three issues, but it may also be a different artist for each of the nine.

Considering the wide variety of stuff Phil has been teasing, either this first issue is going to cover a LOT of story or some of his stuff is being scrapped. And I hope it is not the latter
    Aw shoot. I had no idea. This is disappointing!
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.