Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just hope that Histori will avoid the numerous pitfalls where The Odyssey of the Amazons always fell into. It's got some great potential, and I hope it'll be awesome, but it can fail badly. As for Rucka's work... the premise seems to be there to allow him to do everything I hated in early Rebirth but harder, better, stronger. I hope whatever comes out of it, it'll never be canon.

Histori is something that needs to happen because its happened for Supermans homeworld of Krypton and Bruce Waynes Parents lives along side the history of the city has been expounded on exponentially but The Amazonian History has never really been given any type of structure that people could point to if you wanted to know more about the Amazons as a people. I have a half dozen books of superman and batman that flesh out krypton/metropolis/gotham/the Wayne family. This is a necessary step for Diana to finally step up in her place in the Big 3

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I'm not really convinced that the daughter will be a biological child. If she is then I can see DC sparing no moment to integrate her to their established continuity just to pair her up with Jon and Damian particularly if it gets rave reviews. With all this in mind I doubt either Superman and Batman will be the fathers especially not Superman as Rucka hates that ship.
    I agree with this reasoning - I think it's more a spiritual heir idea.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Intriguing - I'll be interest to see how they interpret and add to Amazon lore in both books.

I'm wondering if DeConnick's Amazon history will end up being canon to the main book and play off what Rucka's established so far?

Nice to have Rucka back on Wonder Woman .

Hmmm...I’m intrigued.

History looks/sounds awesome. So completely and utterly over Rucka's Wonder Woman though. On the off chance its Lyta I'll keep an ear to the ground but otherwise, just Historia for me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree with this reasoning - I think it's more a spiritual heir idea.
    The summary references heritage so it might be some sort of biological connection otherwise it makes no sense.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Ultimate Member

They both sound potentially promising. And I'll join the "Steve is probably the father" train to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The summary references heritage so it might be some sort of biological connection otherwise it makes no sense.
    Not necessarily. There are such things as non-biological inheritance. And especially seeing as Diana's Daughter is just a working title, that pretty much leaves it wide open, in my eyes. Personally it being Lyta would probably be the only thing to make me interested (and even then I'd be on the fence, I'm just not a fan of his WW work) but a biological heir is hardly confirmed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Retired

Of the Black Label titles so far announced, HISTORIA is the only one that interests me. But here's the thing--it seems like there are just as many non-canonical Wonder Womans out there as anything that's supposed to be canonical. And what is the official continuity for Wonder Woman? It's confusing. If DC wants new readers to buy the WW books, they need to make it easier on them. It seems like all DC knows how to do is tell alternate versions of the origin story and then never get anywhere beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not necessarily. There are such things as non-biological inheritance. And especially seeing as Diana's Daughter is just a working title, that pretty much leaves it wide open, in my eyes. Personally it being Lyta would probably be the only thing to make me interested (and even then I'd be on the fence, I'm just not a fan of his WW work) but a biological heir is hardly confirmed.
    Working title or not the summary is out and it already leaves many people with the impression the girl will be Diana's biological daughter. It's kind of risky to release a book that has a working title with a summary to boot because then a lot of people will be let down if they don't get what they are expecting. But if the non-biological inheritance thing does win people over it's DC's win anyway.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Of the Black Label titles so far announced, HISTORIA is the only one that interests me. But here's the thing--it seems like there are just as many non-canonical Wonder Womans out there as anything that's supposed to be canonical. And what is the official continuity for Wonder Woman? It's confusing. If DC wants new readers to buy the WW books, they need to make it easier on them. It seems like all DC knows how to do is tell alternate versions of the origin story and then never get anywhere beyond that.
    the official origin is the rebirth year one tale, but just knowing Zeus is her dad. This isn't that confusing.

But what if Steve is the father. Why not have it be introduce in the main title.

This is pretty good news. But I am sad that it’s not in canon to the main title. Apparently all of the good stuff comes that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But what if Steve is the father. Why not have it be introduce in the main title.
    It could backfire so best not do anything so radical when things are not so stable yet.