Page 20 of 126 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Head of Black Label being let go is not good news at all. Still this would be the perfect tie-in to that Amazons show they’re planning. Don’t know if that will save it however.
    Andy Khouri who was one of the editors working on Historia has also reportedly been let go.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That is a concern of mine as well. It would be the worst part of this already crappy news for me. Phil was posting stuff about the layoffs on his Twitter and Instragram, but nothing to indicate the project got canned.

Aside from TGL season 2, this is literally the only DC book I have to look forward to.
    Same this, Morrison/Sharp GL, GL Earth One, and JLD are the only new content at DC I have serious interest in.

Bad news all around. I hope things end up working out for everyone involved (including us cuz I wants muh Historia).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I guess Black Label is likely being phased out, but announced projects will likely continue. The article over in the main layoff thread mentioned the Rorshach mini as still likely to continue, so I hope this means Historia is safe as well since it was announced a long time ago.

There might just be a cutoff point after all these come out.

So the long awaited The Other History of the DC Universe just got a release date for November announced. Fingers crossed this bodes well for Historia

So the long awaited The Other History of the DC Universe just got a release date for November announced. Fingers crossed this bodes well for Historia
    Hope so as well, especially since there were less updates on that from what I recall than Historia. Hoping at least whoever in AT&T/Warners puts in charge of DC think it will make a decent tie-in to the movie.

Looks like we're still in business! Here is a character sheet for Philippus. Apparently he made one for each Amazon. I hope they are included in the back of the first issue. Also confirmation that we will be seeing Oenone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEg6_IEhc0f/

Looks like we're still in business! Here is a character sheet for Philippus. Apparently he made one for each Amazon. I hope they are included in the back of the first issue. Also confirmation that we will be seeing Oenone.

THE DETAIL!!! I'm loving everything about this. Though, I thought Philippus was the master of warfare/great general of the amazons?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Thank god.

Looks like all the Amazons may have individual patrons that look over them/they honor. Should be interesting to see how the influences the designs of the others given the influence the Demeter/Persephone/Hades myth has on Philippus' armor.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    THE DETAIL!!! I'm loving everything about this. Though, I thought Philippus was the master of warfare/great general of the amazons?
    I know right?

In the Perez run she was second in command to Egeria, who died defending Doom's Doorway. I imagine Egeria is in this, and that's while Philippus isn't listed as general yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Thank god.

Looks like all the Amazons may have individual patrons that look over them/they honor. Should be interesting to see how the influences the designs of the others given the influence the Demeter/Persephone/Hades myth has on Philippus' armor.
    Yeah, this is a relief. I hope he keeps posting these.

Demeter being Philippus's patron is neat, I imagine she is Oenone's patron as well. I wonder if all the goddesses will "share" Hippolyta? Due to how heavily she's being promoted in these teases, if we had to have a single patron it might be Hera. But for old time's sake, I'm hoping Aphrodite is Hippolyta's

I know right?

In the Perez run she was second in command to Egeria, who died defending Doom's Doorway. I imagine Egeria is in this, and that's while Philippus isn't listed as general yet.

Yeah, this is a relief. I hope he keeps posting these.

Demeter being Philippus's patron is neat, I imagine she is Oenone's patron as well. I wonder if all the goddesses will "share" Hippolyta? Due to how heavily she's being promoted in these teases, if we had to have a single patron it might be Hera. But for old time's sake, I'm hoping Aphrodite is Hippolyta's
    Yeah, Hera's getting a bit more showing here than in the previous origins so that wouldn't surprise me. It might fit with both being respective Queens but I would prefer Aphrodite (or Athena).

If I had to guess if any Amazon will be "shared" by all the Goddesses it'd likely be Diana when she shows up near the end most likely given the seeming Perez influences.

Well, look at this, some rare good news in 2020.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hmm, I've noticed of all the Olympians shared by Jiminez that Hercules has been absent. Makes me think he'll show up in the issues not done by him, granted it's only snippets so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, I've noticed of all the Olympians shared by Jiminez that Hercules has been absent. Makes me think he'll show up in the issues not done by him, granted it's only snippets so far.
    Was it stated Hercules will be in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Was it stated Hercules will be in the book?
    Given the importance of Herakles in both the myths around the Amazons and in earlier Wonder Woman runs, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't turn up at one time or another. But which issue? That's wholly another question.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])