Page 26 of 126 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Wonder who the dude with the horns are. Zeus?
    I believe the ram was associated with Ares, but that sure is a classic Zeus face & beard.

This is from the Getty Conservation Research Foundation Museum:

In the Greek-speaking world, the most famous stories of the ram’s apotropaic powers concern acts by Hermes, the Olympian responsible for the increase and protection of flocks. At Tanagra, Hermes averted a pestilence from the city by carrying a ram around its walls. A series of ram-bearer statuettes found at Medma (Calabria) attest to the widespread influence of the cult of Hermes in the West.28 It was Hermes, too, who sent the golden ram that flew Phrixos to safety in Colchis. The magic of the volant ram did not cease at its sacrifice: the Golden Fleece displayed in the grove of Ares was believed to be magical. Throughout Greek culture, the ram figures prominently as a metaphor of strength and courage (thus the association with Ares).

Accordingly, Homeric heroes are likened to thick-fleeced lambs (Iliad 3.197). In Attic vase painting, rams are sometimes represented in an explicitly sacrificial context. More commonly, the context is heroic, with the ram’s sacrificial role implicit only. Such is the case in the story of Phrixos, or of Odysseus. Both the ram that carried Odysseus from the Cyclops’s cave (Odyssey 9.436ff.) and Phrixos’s mount are sacrificed as soon as they have finished their tasks. Their sacrifice is part of the story. The emblematic power of the Golden Fleece recalls the story of Atreus and Thyestes: the kingdom belonged to him who owned the golden lamb.
    Last edited by Frank; 11-14-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I believe the ram was associated with Ares, but that sure is a classic Zeus face & beard.

This is from the Getty Conservation Research Foundation Museum:
    Yeah, the ram-association showed up in Sharp's Ares during Rucka's run.

Jimenez has already teased Ares so that's what makes me think it's Zeus as it looks pretty classic Zeus, sans-horns, and he's one of the few Gods left.

Did anyone else get lowkey nervous seeing Phil subtly shade DC for letting his editor go? Had immediate flashbacks to the debacle over Ray Dillon and Legend of WW. No critique of Phil though, congruence with his ethics is one of his most wonderful features. I just get nervous about how fragile DC can be about even the faintest whiff of criticism or dissent...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Did anyone else get lowkey nervous seeing Phil subtly shade DC for letting his editor go? Had immediate flashbacks to the debacle over Ray Dillon and Legend of WW. No critique of Phil though, congruence with his ethics is one of his most wonderful features. I just get nervous about how fragile DC can be about even the faintest whiff of criticism or dissent...
    I think if DC were to pull the plug on this it'd probably be because of the layoffs and downsizing on all imprints (mainline, Black Label, the young readers one) from ATT. Though yeah, this book getting pulled for whatever reason has been a fear in the back of my mind.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Lol maybe that's why he posted art with it each post, as if to say "this will bring in the money, pull the plug if you dare."

Though yes like Gaius it has been a fear of mine as well. It is literally the only DC comic I'm excited about until we know more about post-Generations or whatever the hell this thing is.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like this situation and the Legend of WW are fairly different, plus Phil wasn't the only DC person by far to give Andy a shoutout on his last day, there are a ton of people in the industry sad to see him go.

Well, he's at least still posing more art

Phillippus on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHsSIfKBz54/

Some other Amazons on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...315520/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well, he's at least still posing more art

Phillippus on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHsSIfKBz54/

Some other Amazons on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...315520/photo/1
    Getting quite a bit of updates. Hopefully this means maybe a solicitation date sometime in the first half of next year, which will probably be when the movie gets moved to.

Wonder when we'll figure out who the other artists are.

Now that ATT/WB seems to have decided on WW’84’s release date, maybe we’ll finally get a solicitation date relatively soon.

Now that ATT/WB seems to have decided on WW’84’s release date, maybe we’ll finally get a solicitation date relatively soon.
    I'm really hoping for March.

No need to hold it off for that reason anymore.

I'm really hoping for March.

No need to hold it off for that reason anymore.
    My hope too since March solicitations are in December, not better time to build up interest when to announce something when the movie is about to drop.

My hope too since March solicitations are in December, not better time to build up interest when to announce something when the movie is about to drop.
    It might actually be happening, cuz he does seem to be updating with more frequency, like with this one today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2yCjmB5bb/

It might actually be happening, cuz he does seem to be updating with more frequency, like with this one today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2yCjmB5bb/
    Looks like this may be the same guy who gets an arrow to the eye from earlier.

Bad day for him.

Looks like this may be the same guy who gets an arrow to the eye from earlier.

Bad day for him.
    I know right?

Lol what did he do

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

DC needs to solicit this book and fast. I don't care if it just gets delayed, with all the news of stuff getting dropped I just want them to reaffirm it's happening. KSD and Phil Jimenez on a Wonder Woman project is the kind of dream team you fan cast but write off as a pipe dream.

And yet it's happening.

I really can't wait for this book.