Page 28 of 126 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    A Christmas present from Phil!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJOU4y8Bf9M/

I think the guy grabbing Hippolyta's head is the same one getting an arrow through the skull
    Wonder if this might be a death scene for Hippolyta since from other art he's shared it looks like the Well of Souls/reincarnation aspect from Perez might be used.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Update from Phil, and he says he hopes the book will be out later this year (I THOUGHT IT WAS ALMOST DONE?!?)

He didn't offer a name for this one, which is a shame. I wonder who she is? Looks like she might be a member of the Artemis faction

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJwLNeHh3Ew/

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

With this creative team, Historia is a hard pass for me. WW:E1 will probably be the last WW comic I read 'cause I don't enjoy them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    With this creative team, Historia is a hard pass for me. WW:E1 will probably be the last WW comic I read 'cause I don't enjoy them anymore
    lol, you're crazy. This book is gonna be amazing.

Why? DeConnick doesn't have a track record with WW either way to be a proven negative, and Jimenez is one of her best creators and his art is next level here.

I anticipate Earth one 3 as well, but I'm expecting this to be the much better comic.

Update from Phil, and he says he hopes the book will be out later this year (I THOUGHT IT WAS ALMOST DONE?!?)

He didn't offer a name for this one, which is a shame. I wonder who she is? Looks like she might be a member of the Artemis faction

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJwLNeHh3Ew/
    The eagle painted on her face looks like how it's usually depicted on Diana's costume.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Why? DeConnick doesn't have a track record with WW either way to be a proven negative, and Jimenez is one of her best creators and his art is next level here.

I anticipate Earth one 3 as well, but I'm expecting this to be the much better comic.
    I actually liked Wonder Woman’s guest appearance in Aquaman that Kelly Sue DeConnick wrote, that was surprisingly nice but I’m expecting the Patriarchy and Toxic Masculinity to come up a lot in Historia and I’m just really fed up with that. The artwork is far too overwrought for my taste, can’t fault the technique but idk, I think Jimenez has a bit of a taste issue. Ares is a case a point. I like a more cartoonish style. Different strokes for different folks

I actually liked Wonder Woman’s guest appearance in Aquaman that Kelly Sue DeConnick wrote, that was surprisingly nice but I’m expecting the Patriarchy and Toxic Masculinity to come up a lot in Historia and I’m just really fed up with that. The artwork is far too overwrought for my taste, can’t fault the technique but idk, I think Jimenez has a bit of a taste issue. Ares is a case a point. I like a more cartoonish style. Different strokes for different folks
    Fair enough on the art thing.

IDK, I think Wonder Woman mythos has been addressing those issues since the Marston days even if he didn't use terms like that, and its evolved since then. I don't expect this to do anything more unusual than the typical run, and it's to be expected if we're flipping the script on the Amazon myth like Marston did.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Ares design shared but fwiw, he's also said the gods will apparently have multiple looks so I'd be surprised if that was his only one.

I actually liked Wonder Woman’s guest appearance in Aquaman that Kelly Sue DeConnick wrote, that was surprisingly nice but I’m expecting the Patriarchy and Toxic Masculinity to come up a lot in Historia and I’m just really fed up with that.
    In which issue(s) did Diana appear in AQUAMAN? Kindly advise and thanks in advance.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly disappointed that there's still ambiguity on whether this will be released this year given when it was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Honestly disappointed that there's still ambiguity on whether this will be released this year given when it was announced.
    Kelly Sue Deconnick already explained that when they announced the series she hadn't even started writing the book. They had just pitched it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Kelly Sue Deconnick already explained that when they announced the series she hadn't even started writing the book. They had just pitched it.
    I know - even accounting for that it's been a long time considering it was originally announced in March 2018. Being unable to commit to a 2021 release date is disappointing.

What I'm really shocked by is that they haven't announced the artists for the rest of the issues, from what I understand there will be multiple artists so I assume one artist per issue. Kelly indicated that it had already been chosen, so are they letting other artists work on the other issues while Jimenez does his own? I mean this would save a lot of time. I really hope they are

Scratch that, she said she already has pages for issue 2 from the second artist, so maybe the issues will come out close to each other