Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Having the line be in main continuity would rather defeat the purpose. The point of this line is some more mature themes. Stuff that probably writers and readers alike would be relunctant to see in a main canon.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm interested in both.

Thrilled to see Jiminez back on a Wonder book. And hoping against hope that Diana's daughter is Lyta (with Steve as the father and not Bats, Supes, or -God forbid- Steppenwolf).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm hoping the history of the Amazons is written in such a way that it can stand on its own while also being used as a possible explanation for the history of the Amazons in the Rebirth timeline, as we've only gotten snippets. But DeConnick may not want to be tied down with details like Themyscira being the prison for Ares, and Zeus being the father. In fact, that lion head Diana (or is it Hippolyta?) is holding makes me think we may be looking at another possible "Hercules is the dad" story. Why they didn't just go with him to begin with is beyond me. And the peacock feather obviously bring Hera to mind. Maybe she's the patron goddess in this version? I hope not- I kinda wish Aphrodite would consistently get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just hope that Historia will avoid the numerous pitfalls where The Odyssey of the Amazons always fell into. It's got some great potential, and I hope it'll be awesome, but it can fail badly. As for Rucka's work... the premise seems to be there to allow him to do everything I hated in early Rebirth but harder, better, stronger. I hope whatever comes out of it, it'll never be canon.
    The premise of the story, set 20 years in the future and starring Diana's daughter, doesn't sound anything like what we saw in Rebirth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Woman Historia sounds interesting. Who did the cover of the book?

I'm excited. Diana has so few of these types of stories they collected her Elseworlds stories in the Justice League Elseworlds trade instead of giving her her own Elseworlds trade like Clark and Bruce do.

Question what happened to Hunter

Love this. Hopefully DC is trying to make it up to us for the crappy Robinson run.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wonder Woman Historia sounds interesting. Who did the cover of the book?
    Phil Jimenez, I believe it's just promotional art

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

The premise of the story, set 20 years in the future and starring Diana's daughter, doesn't sound anything like what we saw in Rebirth.
    Well, since Rucka's the writer, I fully expect him to **** even more over the New 52, SM/WW, going full speed ahead toward Diana and Steve as the "iconic couple" (bleh) for the WW mythos and all that. Which I either hate or simply distate. Plus Rebirth made me hate Rucka's writing with a passion.

Well, since Rucka's the writer, I fully expect him to **** even more over the New 52, SM/WW, going full speed ahead toward Diana and Steve as the "iconic couple" (bleh) for the WW mythos and all that. Which I either hate or simply distate. Plus Rebirth made me hate Rucka's writing with a passion.
    Well, Diana and Steve are already the iconic couple even without his involvement, and I don't see anything in the premise yet that lends itself to bashing the New 52. Seems counterproductive when this thing seems to be meant to be stand alone. He's written other things (including with this very character) than Rebirth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Phil Jimenez, I believe it's just promotional art
    Thanks, I didn't recognize his style. I've never seen a paint by Jimenez, just regular pencils+inks.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well, Diana and Steve are already the iconic couple even without his involvement, and I don't see anything in the premise yet that lends itself to bashing the New 52. Seems counterproductive when this thing seems to be meant to be stand alone. He's written other things (including with this very character) than Rebirth.
    And Rebirth has forever tainted his name for me. I simply hate what he did so much, how disrespectful he was of everything which wasn't his work that I can't stand to read stories he wrote, even for characters I love like Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Question what happened to Hunter
    A one off from a bad run on Justice League. I doubt we see him again. As he, and the others, were part of a "maybe" (unlikely) future timeline.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

And Rebirth has forever tainted his name for me. I simply hate what he did so much, how disrespectful he was of everything which wasn't his work that I can't stand to read stories he wrote, even for characters I love like Batman.
    Interestingly, everything you say of Rucka is exactly why I hate Azzarrello's run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm really hoping the daughter in Rucka's story is Lyta Trevor and she goes by the Fury. From the sounds of things it's definitely a legacy tale, but I have no interest in a Wonder Woman II. But honoring her heritage as Diana's daughter and her connection to the Amazons by adopting her own superhero identity? I'm all in. Especially if it opens up the possibility of getting more ongoing adventures for her in her future timeline.

I'm starting to re-read the Kindly Ones now, and while it is of course fantastic, I think story would have had even more "oomph" behind it if it was Lyta as Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor's daughter killing Dream rather than the daughter of some random heroine they made up for the post-Crisis status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Interestingly, everything you say of Rucka is exactly why I hate Azzarrello's run.
    I was gonna say the same thing. Throwing "dirt" on the Amazons to make them interesting, at least in that way, is kind of setting yourself up for a rebuttal.