Page 30 of 126 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Okay maybe. But it seems to me like there is some graphic design on the top right side of the image, which is a lot more fitting of a historical album like KSD is doing rather than a standard comic.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-31-2021 at 09:00 AM.

I love that image by Jones! Hopefully we can see Jen Bartel on it too. She's been wowing me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Those drawings that Joelle Jones shared remind me a lot of Phil Jimenez's art in this book. She never says that it's for Wonder Girl, and since the architecture is greek inspired and there are kangaroos, I doubt that it's part of the Brazillian amazons. Could she be doing an issue of Amazon Historia?
    This made me think of historia immediately as well. It does look more detailed than her usual art. It would also mean we might finally get some more news this year... Which I would appreciate.

Still, if it is for Yara,I'm happy too.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Okay maybe. But it seems to me like there is some graphic design on the top right side of the image, which is a lot more fitting of a historical album like KSD is doing rather than a standard comic.
    Yeah the graphic design looks like the lettering for a title. Maybe if this is her Historia issue, this would be the cover?

We have Io!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKyz6cxB1mO/

She's another one of Hestia's Amazons, and all Amazons in that group are immune to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We have Io!

She's another one of Hestia's Amazons, and all Amazons in that group are immune to fire.
    Interesting it seems the various Amazons seem to have powers based on their patrons, also ones Diana has later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Interesting it seems the various Amazons seem to have powers based on their patrons, also ones Diana has later.
    yeah, it makes sense since Aella is part of the Artemis tribe, and she has a pet falcon. I wouldn't be surprised if she and the others in her group have the "communion with beasts" power. Which also means Philippus and others in the Demeter tribe are physically stronger than the other Amazons. And Hippolyta seems to be from the Demeter faction, at least initially, and there is a ghostly image of Demeter's eye overlooking Hippolyta during the "Crowning" sequence that Phil has teased.

I'm wondering how the powers will manifest in the Aphrodite, Athena and Hera groups. The latter especially since she never gave Diana a power. Unless the sixth faction will follow Hermes instead of Hera.

yeah, it makes sense since Aella is part of the Artemis tribe, and she has a pet falcon. I wouldn't be surprised if she and the others in her group have the "communion with beasts" power. Which also means Philippus and others in the Demeter tribe are physically stronger than the other Amazons. And Hippolyta seems to be from the Demeter faction, at least initially, and there is a ghostly image of Demeter's eye overlooking Hippolyta during the "Crowning" sequence that Phil has teased.

I'm wondering how the powers will manifest in the Aphrodite, Athena and Hera groups. The latter especially since she never gave Diana a power. Unless the sixth faction will follow Hermes instead of Hera.
    Something with wisdom maybe for Athena, if we get the Themysciran tech or hints at, it could be that group that invents it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Something with wisdom maybe for Athena, if we get the Themysciran tech or hints at, it could be that group that invents it.
    Ooh neat idea!

In one of the preliminary sketches of the big double pages "cast spread," it looks like there was an Amazon that was topless. Which stood out among all these Amazons with ornate armor. I wonder if she is with Aphrodite's group. Also one with what looks like a big snake (python or boa constrictor) wrapped around her and I wonder what the hell that's about.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We have Io!

This is a great way to make the Amazons even more unique and cool then they already are. Embrace it DC!

Hmm, kind of like diving up Diana's powers among the various groups if that's what it appears to be. Make's Diana having all of them kind of their figurative collective daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    This is a great way to make the Amazons even more unique and cool then they already are. Embrace it DC!
    They're like an ancient superhero team, each with their own distinct armor ("costume").

I know it would be spoiling too much, but I wish he'd just release all these character tear sheets. Trying to figure out who is on this lineup is killing me with suspense. All of the confirmed ones so far have been from Perez's run, but Io is breaking the pattern.

Extraordinary Member

Those drawings that Joelle Jones shared remind me a lot of Phil Jimenez's art in this book. She never says that it's for Wonder Girl, and since the architecture is greek inspired and there are kangaroos, I doubt that it's part of the Brazillian amazons. Could she be doing an issue of Amazon Historia?
    Seems to be the same Hippolyta on the cover for May's Wonder Girl #1, so not for Historia looks like:

Seems you are right

This is an old video about Phil Jimenez' work system, but it really does highlight how the actual process of figuring out sequential storytelling relies on working with actual paper. I can't imagine how he manages to convert this system into a digital drawing. I mean, moving the page around physically is such an intuitive thing and it really must be jarring to transition into an app. Considering the level of detail of his current work, I'm not surprised that it's taking this long.