Page 39 of 126 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Picked upon that too. Wonder if it means she won't have special heritage (not reincarnated or daughter of Ares).
    She might just be a peasant girl or something, perhaps one from Sparta? Those preview pages make it seem like she's leaving a baby to die but is seriously conflicted by it. She may also still be a daughter of Ares.
    It begs the question of what this means for Antiope, and if they are included in the original 30 Amazons or if they are sort of "adopted" by the Amazons?

We saw some teaser images of Hippolyta in full blown armor/regalia, but it also may not have been her. Maybe it's Otrera?

It's really beautiful. I shouldn't be happy about slugs on a woodblock but here I am.

I'm really curious to see how the story comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She might just be a peasant girl or something, perhaps one from Sparta? Those preview pages make it seem like she's leaving a baby to die but is seriously conflicted by it. She may also still be a daughter of Ares.
    It begs the question of what this means for Antiope, and if they are included in the original 30 Amazons or if they are sort of "adopted" by the Amazons?

We saw some teaser images of Hippolyta in full blown armor/regalia, but it also may not have been her. Maybe it's Otrera?
    That practice wasn't unique to Sparta but you could be on to something since that was one of the few Greek city states that viewed Ares positively.

Are BLACK LABEL books considered to be the main canon? Or is it simply where creators are allowed to explore mature themes of various characters? Like an R-rated Elseworlds?

Or do they fall under DC's new "it's all canon and it all counts" policy?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Are BLACK LABEL books considered to be the main canon? Or is it simply where creators are allowed to explore mature themes of various characters? Like an R-rated Elseworlds?

From my understanding Black Label books are not canon unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post

The vibe I get from this book is that it will be its own thing but inspired by other takes, chiefly Perez's. Jimenez said they were basically expanding on Perez's issue #1. So I think this could be seen as broadly the backstory for post-Crisis WW and Rebirth WW, even if all the details don't 100% match.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    From my understanding Black Label books are not canon unless stated otherwise.
    Yeah, I think it's supposed to be DC's latest attempt at an evergreen imprint.

The vibe I get from this book is that it will be its own thing but inspired by other takes, chiefly Perez's. Jimenez said they were basically expanding on Perez's issue #1. So I think this could be seen as broadly the backstory for post-Crisis WW and Rebirth WW, even if all the details don't 100% match.
    The origin for the Amazon's in P-C and Rebirth where basically the same right? There origin in Rebirth was so vague it could be the same.

It could always go the way of The Killing Joke, though.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The origin for the Amazon's in P-C and Rebirth where basically the same right? There origin in Rebirth was so vague it could be the same.

It could always go the way of The Killing Joke, though.
    Broadly the same since they're reincarnated souls though Doom's Doorway was replaced with Ares being imprisoned and no Diana Trevor. But yeah, it didn't go into as much detail as Perez did.

From DeConnick's IG

#WWHistoria release date was announced today at long last: the first 64 page issue will be available at your local comic book store on OCTOBER 19th!!

Here’s what you need to know:

This is a history of Wonder Woman’s Amazons as told **by the Amazons**. It begins with the Goddesses, and in particular, focuses on Hera. The story arena of the first issue is “the birth of the Amazons,” the how and why of it.

And most importantly, it is astonishingly rich and beautiful because @philjimeneznyc has decided it was time to throw the **** down. Every! Page!

I’m going to be talking about it a LOT in the weeks to come, so stay tuned. And if you’re already on board, PLEASE TELL YOUR COMIC BOOK STORE so they hold a copy for you.

(Those images above are 9 of #thethirtyOriginalamazons. The second slide is Hera, coming to Olympus to confront Zeus. )

and Jimenez's
    Well, it looks like it’s been officially announced —

#Historia is coming October 19th — to celebrate #WonderWoman’s 80th anniversary (and my 30th anniversary in comics!).

I know it’s taken a long time but @kellysued and I wanted to open this epic history of #TheAmazons of #Themyscira with some real grandeur and I hope you all will think we succeeded.

Looking forward to all of you seeing it — I honestly cannot express how inspired I was by Kelly Sue’s vision and her script. I wanted every panel and every costume to be perfect — to match the emotional scale of the world she’s built so beautifully.

More previews soon!

Colors here by the always incredible @evergreenfajardo, whose skills have elevated my work for a decade!

@dccomics #BlackLabel #GN #WonderWoman #Amazons #OlympianGods #mythology #digitalart #procreateapp #hereitcomes
    9h

This tweet from DeConnick

KellySueTweet.JPG

that specifically mentions Antiope alongside Hera when we already know Hippolyta will not initially be with the Amazons makes me think the below pic is of Antiope. Wereas before I was always assuming it was Hippolyta. I guess Antiope is the first queen of the Amazons and maybe she is like a mentor to Hippolyta, and Hippolyta gets the title through something like the "Right of Caste" ritual from Xena?

Amazon Armor.jpg

DeConnick has 9 books worth of story for Historia.

The other 6 depend on the success of the first 3.

https://twitter.com/kellysue/status/1415831134366097409

The pitch was a big swing -- the scale of a Homerian Epic with a woman at the center. I pitched *9* 64-page issues/"Books" grouped in 3s. The first 3 are approved and in production. I guess whether books 4-9 happen will depend on how books 1-3 do...? So let's focus on those.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Solicit said this will be 72 pages instead of 64. Maybe some bonus content?

That unfortunately is not enough to get all 30 of Phil's tear sheets of the Amazons

That unfortunately is not enough to get all 30 of Phil's tear sheets of the Amazons
    If it's other pseudo-Whos' Who sheets, hopefully ones we haven't seen.

Perhaps there will be a concept art book?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~