Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wild pigs are cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Yeah, tusked boars could look pretty cool and savage
    This is what I think we will get for Demeter if she has any

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    And I already thought this stuff was beautiful before it was colored.

And I already thought this stuff was beautiful before it was colored.
    Yeah, the details definingly pop more. Like all the flowers. HMMM!

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I don't understand the concept of the book. Is this gonna be a pin up thing? I ask because, as gorgeously detailed as those images are, I have a hard time imagining all those amazons fighting in those bulky, clunky AF-looking getups.

It's going to be an OGN covering the history of the Amazons and with everything Jiminez has teased, we are likely going to get Amazons fighting brutal and bloody battles in these intricately detailed armors.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I don't understand the concept of the book. Is this gonna be a pin up thing? I ask because, as gorgeously detailed as those images are, I have a hard time imagining all those amazons fighting in those bulky, clunky AF-looking getups.
    This one for Antiope (??) is so far the only one that really looks it mainly serves a ceremonial function than a practical one in fights. Philippus, Aella and Io all look like they could move around effectively even if their armor is bulky (but protective). Timandra has the cumbersome "wings" but those also function as a threat/intimidation display.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This one for Antiope (??) is so far the only one that really looks it mainly serves a ceremonial function than a practical one in fights. Philippus, Aella and Io all look like they could move around effectively even if their armor is bulky (but protective). Timandra has the cumbersome "wings" but those also function as a threat/intimidation display.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's ceremonial attire also. It's a common thing among real-life monarchs and their bodyguards they'd typically wear more ornate impressive armor as a sign of their rank/social importance (Roman Emperors and Praetorians for example) than it was for battlefield consideration.

I'm also wondering if this isn't Antiope, if we might get other Amazon Queens like what Rucka hinted at in his run.

I'm also wondering if this isn't Antiope, if we might get other Amazon Queens like what Rucka hinted at in his run.
    That's also possible, but DeConnick mentioned Antiope a few times in her tweets along with Hera, so that makes me think she's the big deal this Amazon seems made out to be.

It could be someone like Otrera though

Incredible Member

Yes, the colored version is gorgeous. I do hope, however, that a B&W version of this is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Yes, the colored version is gorgeous. I do hope, however, that a B&W version of this is released!
    I'd definitely buy book that was all of DeConnick's and Jimenez's concept stuff for this.

Do you guys think we will finally see an amazon kiss another amazon on the lips? Or maybe even gay relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Do you guys think we will finally see an amazon kiss another amazon on the lips? Or maybe even gay relationships?
    Definitely. Aella's bio already confirmed she's in a relationship with Pythia. Philippus's bio also describes her as Hippolyta's consort in previous versions, and since Philippus looks to be present for Hippolyta's dramatic first meeting with the Amazons in the snippets we've seen, I expect that evolving relationship will be a major part of Hippolyta's development.

I recall Menalippe/Penelope and Hellene/Iphthime being pairings in post-Crisis, so I expect we will see those ported over too.

This black label book is also expected to have more gore in it, so if they avoid two women kissing each other romantically I'd say their priorities are skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Definitely. Aella's bio already confirmed she's in a relationship with Pythia. Philippus's bio also describes her as Hippolyta's consort in previous versions, and since Philippus looks to be present for Hippolyta's dramatic first meeting with the Amazons in the snippets we've seen, I expect that evolving relationship will be a major part of Hippolyta's development.

I recall Menalippe/Penelope and Hellene/Iphthime being pairings in post-Crisis, so I expect we will see those ported over too.

This black label book is also expected to have more gore in it, so if they avoid two women kissing each other romantically I'd say their priorities are skewed.
    Well, I mean...

Look at the all the other weird stuff that was in Batman Dammed but it was Bat-penis everyone lost their cool over.