Page 52 of 126 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    So in the front cover is Hera, no Hyppolita.
    I think it's Hippolyta. I think the peacock stuff is to associate her with Hera because of both being Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think she means Artemis, who looks to be a child/teenager compared to the others.
    Probably, looks like Jimenez was going for a "wild child" look for them.

Already posted. Everyone here is happy and it's a good step forward, but it will only matter if she gets to publish the 9 books, since Diana herself probably won't be appearing until later on

I wonder if they will have Donna or Cassie be mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Donna I could see be included in the later issues but I don’t think it’d be much. But don’t really know what KSD’s feelings are on Donna, so we’ll see.

Cassie, probably a safe bet on no.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If Book Nine is supposed to conclude with Trevor crash landing on the island I can’t image any reason to have Donna or Cassie in the story. Seems like those would be needless detours —IMO.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Donna I could see be included in the later issues but I don’t think it’d be much. But don’t really know what KSD’s feelings are on Donna, so we’ll see.

Cassie, probably a safe bet on no.
    How would Donna be included unless we go with the John Byrne origin? According to Kelly Sue Deconnick Historia ends with Steve Trevor arriving on Paradise Island. Every Donna Troy origin says she only met Diana and the amazons after Diana left Paradise Island. John Byrne is the only exception, where in Donna Troy is a magical duplicate create by Magala.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Jimenez said that this book isn't beholden to any particular continuity, and since they want this to be an accessibly evergreen seller, delving into any of Donna's prior canon origins seems very counterproductive. They could still have her and do their own take on the origin.

Just making her an orphaned girl rescued by one of the Gods and brought to the island while Diana is 12-13 or so is really all that needs to be done for her timeline to make sense.

Cassie definitely won't be appearing though, not with this book ending before Diana even becomes Wonder Woman.

Jimenez said that this book isn't beholden to any particular continuity, and since they want this to be an accessibly evergreen seller, delving into any of Donna's prior canon origins seems very counterproductive. They could still have her and do their own take on the origin.

Just making her an orphaned girl rescued by one of the Gods and brought to the island while Diana is 12-13 or so is really all that needs to be done for her timeline to make sense.

Cassie definitely won't be appearing though, not with this book ending before Diana even becomes Wonder Woman.
    Something like that is how I envision Donna would be able to be incorporated into the story, and still keep the “no man until Steve” story point.

But again, it all depends if we get there.

Jimenez said that he liked this take on Donna's origin, so we might see something similar if he returns for the later volumes
    https://www.titanstower.com/making-d...n-easy-update/

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Jimenez said that he liked this take on Donna's origin, so we might see something similar if he returns for the later volumes
    https://www.titanstower.com/making-d...n-easy-update/
    I do like this one. I'd have her given to the Amazons at a younger age than 13 though, just as I imagine that's around the time she'd leave to become Wonder Girl (she's meant to be the same age as Dick). I'd like her and Diana to have time on the island as sisters before Diana becomes Wonder Woman, but otherwise this could work.

I do like this one. I'd have her given to the Amazons at a younger age than 13 though, just as I imagine that's around the time she'd leave to become Wonder Girl (she's meant to be the same age as Dick). I'd like her and Diana to have time on the island as sisters before Diana becomes Wonder Woman, but otherwise this could work.
    Yeah, maybe around 8, the same age in which Dick's parents died in some versions?

A thought occurred to me about the seventh tribe we're getting in book 2. We know the six tribes are each based around one of the Olympian goddesses, but we know Hecate will be in this as well (in lieu of Persephone, which is interesting). Maybe the seventh tribe is around her, and Circe will start out as an Amazon? Megala might show up in that group as well.

Yeah, maybe around 8, the same age in which Dick's parents died in some versions?
    Yeah that could work. I feel like both her pre-Crisis origin and Titan Seed origin can work together, I just like to prioritize the former. But the Titan Seed and New Chronus stuff gives her her own little corner to play in that is unique from Diana.

A thought occurred to me about the seventh tribe we're getting in book 2. We know the six tribes are each based around one of the Olympian goddesses, but we know Hecate will be in this as well (in lieu of Persephone, which is interesting). Maybe the seventh tribe is around her, and Circe will start out as an Amazon? Megala might show up in that group as well.

Yeah that could work. I feel like both her pre-Crisis origin and Titan Seed origin can work together, I just like to prioritize the former. But the Titan Seed and New Chronus stuff gives her her own little corner to play in that is unique from Diana.
    I thought Miller made it crystal clear to everyone Dick Grayson was 12.