Page 54 of 126 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The ram horns are apparently a reference to Jupiter-Ammon.

https://twitter.com/OptimoPrincipi/s...73345118306319

Looks like according to this interview (around the 51 minute mark) the release date of Historia, due to Covid, will be pushed back to Nov 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks like according to this interview (around the 51 minute mark) the release date of Historia, due to Covid, will be pushed back to Nov 16th.

*Inhales* Well we waited 3 years, what's one more month....

one more month...
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

*Inhales* Well we waited 3 years, what's one more month....

one more month...
    It sounds like some of it may be due some of the team working on it have gotten Covid in addition to the marketplace problems that delayed some of DC's other books.

It sounds like some of it may be due some of the team working on it have gotten Covid in addition to the marketplace problems that delayed some of DC's other books.
    Yeah, I'm not blaming anyone. It just sucks.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ugh, major bummer but like has been said, not anyone's fault and everyone's safety and health are more important.

On a positive note, she mentioned Historia is being told as a story as if it was an adult Amazon telling it to a young Amazon. If maybe scenes between these characters are framing devices, maybe that will be Diana (or far less likely but still possible, Donna)?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah, I'm not blaming anyone. It just sucks.
    Right there with you, I'd trade all of DC's other output right now to get this first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ugh, major bummer but like has been said, not anyone's fault and everyone's safety and health are more important.

On a positive note, she mentioned Historia is being told as a story as if it was an adult Amazon telling it to a young Amazon. If maybe scenes between these characters are framing devices, maybe that will be Diana (or far less likely but still possible, Donna)?
    Picked up on that too. Makes me wonder if this means there will parts of the story that will fall under "unreliable narrator" or the Amazons (or whoever wrote the in-universe history text) doing their own re-writing of history.

Another interview, nothing particularly new but does talk about how the story will play with this being an in-universe history from one POV.

She also brought up the date still being Oct 19th but this was likely pre-recorded so I wouldn't get hopes on that.

Edit: Not sure if I heard it right but also sounds like these issues (in terms of physical size) will be bigger than even the usual BL size.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-03-2021 at 03:04 PM.

FYI:

WONDER WOMAN HISTORIA THE AMAZONS #1 has been pushed back to November 16, 2021 according to Kelly Sue DeConnick's newsletter:

#WWHistoria Book 1 release date just got moved from October 19th to November 16th. I’m bummed, frankly. It took us—what?—3 years to get to the point where we were able to get a release date and we have to bump? Well… yes. Two reasons: one is a supply chain thing that I don’t quite understand, but more importantly, the second reason involves the actual team of colorists working on this book and COVID. I’m not going to go into more detail because it’s not my business to share, but… human beings over schedules. Always.

So! In stores November 16th now. Thank you.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member

Edit: Not sure if I heard it right but also sounds like these issues (in terms of physical size) will be bigger than even the usual BL size.
    Solicits have it as "Prestige Plus" which would put it at the same size as Harleen, Wonder Woman: Death Earth, etc.

Looks like we might be getting Alkyone.

(called it)

^Neat! I figured she'd be the most likely non-Perez Amazon to be featured after Io. I wonder if any of the other Circle members or Persephone will show up

There were some bald Amazons in the barely visible tease Phil posted of the group spread that could have been her

EDIT: so now actually we have the following confirmed

1. Antiope
    2. Philippus
    3. Menalippe *
    4. Penelope *
    5. Io
    6. Euboea
    7. Aella
    8. Pythia
    9. Timandra
    10. Venilia
    11. Consivia
    12. Alkyone
    13. Oenone

*I saw a tweet where Jimenez responded to a fan asking if we'd see Menalippe, Penelope and Penthesilea with just a "yes". The former two seem like a given, but he may have been including the latter as well even though she wasn't part of the same generation of Amazons in the Perez run.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-05-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    ^Neat! I figured she'd be the most likely non-Perez Amazon to be featured after Io. I wonder if any of the other Circle members or Persephone will show up

There were some bald Amazons in the barely visible tease Phil posted of the group spread that could have been her

EDIT: so now actually we have the following confirmed

1. Antiope
    2. Philippus
    3. Menalippe *
    4. Penelope *
    5. Io
    6. Euboea
    7. Aella
    8. Pythia
    9. Timandra
    10. Venilia
    11. Consivia
    12. Alkyone
    13. Oenone

*I saw a tweet where Jimenez responded to a fan asking if we'd see Menalippe, Penelope and Penthesilea with just a "yes". The former two seem like a given, but he may have been including the latter as well even though she wasn't part of the same generation of Amazons in the Perez run.
    Yeah, baldy in the middle here has been the one who reminded me Alkyone.