Page 67 of 126 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1885

The best thing is they told us the story before really mentioning amazons and gods will be different body types and skin tones. That's the thing I never liked when shows and comics only focus on diversity and gender. Those are important but the story is the main point.

The store I ordered from says the “Library Edition” variant will be available to order from on November 13th for anyone interested.

A new Hera pic.

Last edited by Gaius; 11-03-2021 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    A new Hera pic.

Stunning! She's so fancy and we already know lalala
    Hera could become the ultimate gay icon!

The store I ordered from says the “Library Edition” variant will be available to order from on November 13th for anyone interested.

How does one order this?

Another interview from Jimenez, talked a bit about the art process and some interesting BTS stuff. Some write-ups for anyone interested.

-Sounds like this will probably be the last Big Two comic project he works on extensively.
    -This has been brought up before but apparently DC announced this book way ahead of when DeConnick/Jimenez wanted it to be and apparently it was a back-and-forth for about a year of how they wanted the release schedule to work.
    -He was also hesitant to due to this due to rather terrible experience he had working on Superwoman during Rebirth. Sounds like KSD had to personally reach out to him about it.
    -Part of the reason for the length it took to work on this was Covid obviously, personal/political issues, was having to adapt to digital art and apparently he was also working with WB on developing an animated project (no, it wasn't WW-related)
    -Colorists are really working overtime on this issue.
    -Gene Ha's issue will focus will be very Amazon/Human-centric, "down to Earth" in comparison to Jimenez's Gods issue. Nicola Scott's will be a mixture of the what Jimenez and Ha's types of issues.
    -There's gonna be a lot of double page spreads in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How does one order this?
    The store I ordered from is Books with Eugene based out of Oregon, so I'd email them if you're interested.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-03-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Another interview from Jimenez, talked a bit about the art process and some interesting BTS stuff. Some write-ups for anyone interested.

-Sounds like this will probably be the last Big Two comic project he works on extensively.
    -This has been brought up before but apparently DC announced this book way ahead of when DeConnick/Jimenez wanted it to be and apparently it was a back-and-forth for about a year of when they wanted
    -He was also hesitant to due to this due to rather terrible experience he had working on Superwoman during Rebirth. Sounds like KSD had to personally reach out to him about it.
    -Part of the reason for the length it took to work on this was Covid obviously, personal/political issues, was having to adapt to digital art and apparently he was also working with WB on developing an animated project (no, it wasn't WW-related)
    -Colorists are really working overtime on this issue.
    -Gene Ha's issue will focus will be very Amazon/Human-centric, "down to Earth" in comparison to Jimenez's Gods issue. Nicola Scott's will be a mixture of the what Jimenez and Ha's types of issues.
    -There's gonna be a lot of double page spreads in this issue.

The store I ordered from is Books with Eugene based out of Oregon, so I'd email them if you're interested.
    DC really knew/knows how to burn bridges with their top talent. Superwoman, Batwoman...both treated horribly.

What happened between DC and Jimenez during Superwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    What happened between DC and Jimenez during Superwoman?
    Seems the long and short of it was a lot of editorial upheaval/battles behind the scenes. And stuff like his plans for the Superwoman book he had were upended by the continuity retconning going on the main Superman and Action Comics books at the time.

This isn't the first time Jimenez said he wouldn't be working for Dc. Around her 75 anniversary he came back to do covers. So with Historia it must have gotten him very interested. Dc's choices have more and more people leaving. It's a wonder how long until it's a clear house and new people come in. Also rumor has it the new president wants to close now Black Label to focus on the kids labels. Which would be wrong

Seems the long and short of it was a lot of editorial upheaval/battles behind the scenes. And stuff like his plans for the Superwoman book he had were upended by the continuity retconning going on the main Superman and Action Comics books at the time.
    They specifically wanted him to make SUPERWOMAN appeal to Trump voters--a political perspective completely opposite of Phil's. That was an extremely traumatic and stressful request to Phil and it made him give up on the comic book industry until Kelly Sue talked him into doing HISTORIA.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-t...-trump-voters/
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

A new Hera pic.

This is so stunning. Phil is such a talented artist. The level of thought and detail is outstanding.

Those sleeves, honey. Hera is a fashion icon and I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee!
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    They specifically wanted him to make SUPERWOMAN appeal to Trump voters--a political perspective completely opposite of Phil's. That was an extremely traumatic and stressful request to Phil and it made him give up on the comic book industry until Kelly Sue talked him into doing HISTORIA.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-t...-trump-voters/
    Yeah, I recall that tidbit.

I think Eddie Gerganza (the editor on his WW run who he fought with a lot) was also in charge of the Superman books at the time. So I wouldn't be surprised if there was trouble there again.

and we have Ares

I think I see Perez's Eris, Phobos, and Deimos in the background.

Last edited by Gaius; 11-04-2021 at 09:41 AM.

and we have Ares

I think I see Perez's Eris, Phobos, and Deimos in the background.

It was interesting what Phil had to say about this design: Ares as toxic masculinity--something many people are attracted to or wish to embody.

Source: https://mythicpodcast.com/episodes/0...-phil-jimenez/
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 11-04-2021 at 10:43 AM.