Page 81 of 126 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1885

So, is the tale told in Historia supposed to comprise 9 issues/chapters or was this supposed to consist of several interconnected arcs encompassing a total of nine issues?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    So, is the tale told in Historia supposed to comprise 9 issues/chapters or was this supposed to consist of several interconnected arcs encompassing a total of nine issues?
    we were told there are three arcs and only the first arc has been greenlit with the remaining arcs being reliant on sales
    so three issues per arc
    between hints we have had provided and cues within the first issue I think I have a pretty idea of the story bears for the arcs

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I really hope we get the other arcs as well. KSD has a nice following and Phil is just....my gosh, nothing compares to that first issue. I would really love to see what the full story would be.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    This first issue and the next two would be the first three of the nine total issues. If we were to get all nine, the story would end with Steve Trevor crashing on Themyscira.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Kelly Sue said that book 3 will have a nice stopping point if the rest of the books aren't approved.

I wonder if it will be a downer ending or not. The beginning narration said that the Amazons lost their war with the male Gods, but that is apparently happening in book 3. Unless that's just the first salvo and they lose later? Maybe they win the first round and Hippolyta is cemented as the main queen of the whole group, but Heracles is brought in later by Ares to win the whole war?

So I expect books 4-6 will be the middle chapter that has Hippolyta defeated by Heracles, while books 7-9 revolve around the island and maybe Diana's birth.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm losing count of how many times I'm looking again the panels of this book.

I mean despite no being a high seller she is just enough to get many interested plus it's sales that help move this home if they can do all 9 books. So if things go well we can be seeing 9 books. I wonder if things work out maybe we will see this in book 3 or we will hear something about it on Fandome

Incredible Member

Historia was green-lit under DiDio's tenure, but we now have Marie Javins as Editor-in-Chief, which makes me cautiously optimistic about books 4-9. Even if they aren't greenlit, books 1-3 will make a great standalone perennial book to have in stock in book stores. And I can't imagine that Historia won't influence the artistic direction of the mainline book in some way.

CBR reviewed Historia. I hope if it's gets enough positive reviews we will see more books

https://www.cbr.com/dcs-wonder-woman...-comic-review/

Reviews in general have been pretty positive.

I haven't seen a single one negative review

Well, I suppose Weird Science will give one, but I don't care about them

Reviews seem to be good. It's sales we have to worry about.

Do we know when we will hear about the sales

Incredible Member

Anecdotally, has it sold out at y'all's Local Comics Shop? It sold out at mine, but I don't know how many they ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Anecdotally, has it sold out at y'all's Local Comics Shop? It sold out at mine, but I don't know how many they ordered.
    My local comic shop sold out too. The owner said he wasn't expecting that level of demand because no one pre-ordered or expressed prior interest. He advised us to always let your local comic shop folks knw when you have interest in something before it comes out so that they can have a better sense of how much to order.

In other news, HISTORIA has a cumulative 9.8 rating from critics and 9.4 from readers on the Comic Round-Up site. Despite a few readers upset that this is a feminist work, everyone is universally praising it.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...azons-(2021)/1
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.