Page 89 of 126 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1885

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Were the amazons ever considered to be demi-gods even before Perez?
    You should be careful with the term "demigod". Perseus is a demigod too, even though he doesn't have superhuman strength or invulnerability, nor any type of supernatural powers.

But to answer your question, Wonder Woman #183 (1969) by Mike Sekowsky is the first time where Hippolyta is the daughter of Ares. I don't know if any other writer ever mentioned this in the main title afterwards. And I don't think it says anything about the rest of the amazons.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-24-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You should be careful with the term "demigod". Perseus is a demigod too, even though he doesn't have superhuman strength or invulnerability, nor any type of supernatural powers.

But to answer your question, Wonder Woman #183 (1969) by Mike Sekowsky is the first time where Hippolyta is the daughter of Ares. I don't know if any other writer ever mentioned this in the main title afterwards. And I don't think it says anything about the rest of the amazons.
    If your birth comes from at least one parent that is considered a god, then you are at a minimum a demigod. Doesn't matter if they have powers or not.

If Hippolyta only had one writer that had her as a demigod and it was for roughly 20 or so issues on Sekowsky's run, than that is just a blip on the history of Wonder Womans radar.

That's why my question before the lamentation that Hippolyta is not a semi-goddess in History, I don't understand why she should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    That's why my question before the lamentation that Hippolyta is not a semi-goddess in History, I don't understand why she should be.
    Well, the old myths say Hippolyta was a daughter of Ares. That goes a long way. Or is the DC version simply a different woman with the same name who's also Amazon Queen?

Yeah, one version of the ninth Labor of Hercules has him kill her, but not all of them. Also, it's Hercules who kills her, not some shmuck.

not sure how many of the Amazons were daughters or grand daughters of Ares...

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons #2 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Kelly Sue DeConnick
    Artist: Gene Ha

Lovely

Oh man, i wish Aphrodite didn't look so human. But the colors are fantastic on those other pages

Last edited by Sebastianne; 02-25-2022 at 09:50 AM.

Do you guys think they changed their mind about the library edition because one if the covers looks like one

I hope that if this one does well we get an advance news that dc extended the series
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-25-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you guys think they changed their mind about the library edition because one if the covers looks like one

I hope that if this one does well we get an advance news that dc extended the series
    I assume DC probably had a library version planned for the three issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I assume DC probably had a library version planned for the three issues.
    You are right . It seems each will have a different color

608BBD2F-53D9-4A58-95F1-4AA446B4C9D3.jpg

DeConnnick had another recent interview (Historia talk around the last 20 or so minutes). Most of it's stuff brought up in other interviews but some stuff on the second issue included describing some scenes in the second issue (sounds a lot will be about the creation of the 7th tribe) and Scott seems to be making good progress on the third issue.

Man, everything DeConnick says about it gets me more hyped and it’s awesome to hear that the whole series is a collaboration with Phil (though in fairness I’m not sure how someone could do something as insane as the art in that first issue and then just peace out). I’m so glad he gets to work on his Wonderverse passion project considering how much his time on the main book crushed his spirit.

I know I shouldn’t be greedy considering issue 2 isn’t even out yet but I wonder when we’ll get word on whether issues 4-9 get picked up. The idea of Historia as a 500+-page epic almost sounds too good to be true and it’d be a huge bummer if they couldn’t see the whole thing through, especially if the first 3 issues don’t get to Diana’s birth. Also someone just needs to tell Phil if there’ll be an issue 9 ASAP because it took him 4 years to do the first one and you know he’d put his whole ass into that ending.