Page 94 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1885
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    Wonder Woman exists in both worlds,so she should have friends,enemies and adventures from the two sides.

Ignoring one for another,be it mythology or real world,is taking away a fundamental part of the character
    Are we defining real world as grounded/fairly realistic threats or non-myth based supervillains and locations?

Because she needs a balance of the myth stuff and elements unique to her franchise, but I feel doing too much spy related stuff or whatever isn't too fundamental

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Are we defining real world as grounded/fairly realistic threats or non-myth based supervillains and locations?

Because she needs a balance of the myth stuff and elements unique to her franchise, but I feel doing too much spy related stuff or whatever isn't too fundamental
    The latter,sorry If I wasn't specific enough

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Alright, maybe we all have different definitions. I don't want Diana to fight common criminals (like she did in most of her TV show) or villains that someone like Daredevil or Batgirl could take on. Theoretically speaking, she is the most powerful superheroine of the DC universe. Even if she does not tackle mythological threats all the time, I want her to fight larger-than-life villains who are powerful enough (whether it's actual physical power or monetary/influence-wise [like a Luthor-type]). Regardless of what the movies say, even comic book Batman fights fantastical threats like Poison Ivy and Clayface. It's not all grounded stuff.
    Do you prefer Wonder Woman be diplomatic and political or just her written as a superheroine battling supervillains?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Personally im not as invested in power levels and strength necesarily. I just wanna see stories that lean into the more unusual and dream-like surreal. Back in the Golden Age there was the 'Astral Plane' and we had strange and unusual enemies and stories unlike anything else.

An entire continent from another planet crash landing into the pacific ocean leading to an all male group of seamen from a world where the only woman was the ocean.
    When the hell did this happen? I've never read much WW, but this I wanna take a gander at. Do you recall which year/issue(s) it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If we get all nine books, I wouldn't be surprised if Circe shows up.
    I thought it was planned for 3 books. Is there talk of nine? (This has probably been discussed somewhere in the 92 previous pages of the thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I thought it was planned for 3 books. Is there talk of nine? (This has probably been discussed somewhere in the 92 previous pages of the thread.)
    The story DeConnick pitched was nine issues, DC approved the three we're getting and the remaining six depend on how well these first three do.

The story DeConnick pitched was nine issues, DC approved the three we're getting and the remaining six depend on how well these first three do.
    Yes. And in an interview a little while ago, when asked who she'd like to collaborate with on the possible other six issues, she said:

Bilquis Evely, Benjamin Dewey, Cliff Chiang, Collen Doran, Joelle Jones, and Olivier Coipel.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 04-07-2022 at 09:03 AM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Yes. And in an interview a little while ago, when ask who she'd like to collaborate on the possible other six issues with, she said:

Bilquis Evely, Benjamin Dewey, Cliff Chiang, Collen Doran, Joelle Jones, and Olivier Coipel.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Yes. And in an interview a little while ago, when ask who she'd like to collaborate on the possible other six issues with, she said:

Cliff Chiang drawing WW/the Amazons again… I’d kill for that. Hope it happens and that is indeed the lineup, good God do I need Copiel to do some DC books that aren’t Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ooooooh! Provisional great news! Always happy for more Kelly Sue DeConnick.

Does anyone have data on how well the first issue sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cliff Chiang drawing WW/the Amazons again… I’d kill for that. Hope it happens and that is indeed the lineup, good God do I need Copiel to do some DC books that aren’t Batman.
    He can finally draw Hippolyta with the correct hair color.

Ooooooh! Provisional great news! Always happy for more Kelly Sue DeConnick.

Does anyone have data on how well the first issue sold?
    First issue was ranked 40 and I think was the only non-Batman DC book.

First issue was ranked 40 and I think was the only non-Batman DC book.
    Well, I would think that would do it, if it maintains those numbers.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The latter,sorry If I wasn't specific enough
    Np, in that case we are in agreement. The whole IP needs to balance both more

Just finished reading book two. Was bracing myself to be let down, but, boy, was I wrong. So much rich characterization going on. Ha’s work is more than up to the task, but I’m so glad they included his Behind the Panels notes. I would have missed a lot of the subtle magic he’s weaving.

The preview of Scott’s work makes no doubt she is going to slay!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I feel like that's Hippolyta on the cover of #1, so I feel we will see her in WW armor and being called "Wonder Woman" at some point. But I feel that these two issues and the story they are setting up are showing that Hippolyta and the Amazons don't need to be superhero legacies that Diana inherits, including having Hippolyta be Wonder Woman with the JSA. Their story is engrossing and distinct on its own, and Wonder Woman's story is still borne from it naturally.

The Amazons are also kind of the inverse of the Legion of Superheroes. A sub-franchise tied to one of the major DC heroes (Wonder Woman and Superman), with one being in the far past of the DCU while the other is the far future.
    Yes, I think that is Hippy in the armor on the cover, too, but I don’t think she’ll be referred to as WW in this tale. Even if we get all nine issues. Just a hunch I have.

Wonder Woman exists in both worlds,so she should have friends,enemies and adventures from the two sides.

Ignoring one for another,be it mythology or real world,is taking away a fundamental part of the character
    Second this.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

When the hell did this happen? I've never read much WW, but this I wanna take a gander at. Do you recall which year/issue(s) it was?
    Issue 15 of the original golden age run by Marston.