Page 96 of 126 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1885
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    “Basically like…” a character she pre-dates by 40 years. Okay…
    Who cares if she pre-dates them? Their universe is different from WWs and they are saying basically more of a He-Man type universe.

WOW, that's wonderful !

Wesley Wong did a breakdown of the same page, just unbelievable work from everyone involved

https://twitter.com/WesWongWithYou/s...ljitQ-PU2jAA3Q

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Oh man someone PLEASE give Phil a crack at Circe. She needs to be saved from the terrible looks artists have been giving her over the past however many years.
    Her best interps are the classic WOTG look and then the Rucka Ares Team Up version who totally did the Sisters wrong when they asked her to bring their sister 'back'.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Who cares if she pre-dates them? Their universe is different from WWs and they are saying basically more of a He-Man type universe.
    Maybe my point wasn’t coming across.

I was trying to say (in a backhanded way, admittedly) that WW’s world has been filled with those elements long before He-Man, so if anything his universe should be defined as being “like Wonder Woman’s.”

I don’t have any problem with the description or the similarities.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Maybe my point wasn’t coming across.

I was trying to say (in a backhanded way, admittedly) that WW’s world has been filled with those elements long before He-Man, so if anything his universe should be defined as being “like Wonder Woman’s.”

I don’t have any problem with the description or the similarities.
    I'm not disagreeing with that, I agree 100% that Diana was doing the syfy mixed with magic long before He-man and Thundercats or any other major property in the 90s.

I'm just saying that since we are actually seeing a revival in the Masters of the Universe brand with actual animated shows that Diana SHOULD be doing right now, albeit with her own distinct story lines, themes, ideals, powers, characters, and animation.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Do you guys think we will get those 9 books? Do we know what the sales look like?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you guys think we will get those 9 books? Do we know what the sales look like?
    ive no idea how well sales are doing, but id say we probably have pretty good odds. The first Historia had better sales than any other black label book by a significant degree. Like, to a BANANAS degree. It just depends on whether the metric for 'does well' is by Black Label standards or something else.

That said, even if they do green light it, I see us waiting another 3-5 years before we see book 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    That said, even if they do green light it, I see us waiting another 3-5 years before we see book 4.
    I don't know about that. It seems as though Phil Jiminez was the artist that took the longest by far, and it wasn't just because of tge amount of detail. It was because the scripts weren't done, and because it wa his first time drawing digitally.

The next artists will probably take much less time, and I have a good feeling that either Kelly Sue Deconnick already has the next script done, or she has been working on it to get the artist going.

With Book 1 I'm sure everyone was satisfied with the sales. I bought two copies. Book 2 should be what determines if DC will announce 4-6.

I very much doubt we'll get an announcement of all the 9 books right now, too much of an investment for DC way too soon.

And even if Book 2 sales aren't impressive enough and they don't move forward with the next trilogy, we still have a chance of getting them to move forward if we make Book 3 sell like gangbusters.

I'm very optimistic about this

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If DC is happy with sales, they'll like greenlight Books 4-6. Take it 3 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't know about that. It seems as though Phil Jiminez was the artist that took the longest by far, and it wasn't just because of tge amount of detail. It was because the scripts weren't done, and because it wa his first time drawing digitally.
    Phil also had to lay a ton of groundwork - he had to design every god/goddess, every original Amazon, Olympus, etc., and I’m sure each major character had to go through several iterations. I assume Gene wasn’t able to start working on vol. 2 until vol. 1 was at least mostly ready, so he probably took more like 6-7 months and it seems like Nicola’s working with a similar time frame.

I could see twice annual being the standard, I’m just hoping they announce more soon so whoever comes on next has more time. But from what Kelly Sue and Phil have said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of the books were already plotted/outlined.

While I do wish Historia could have gotten one consistent artist, I think Ha was a good choice. The differences in his and Jimenez's styles fit quite well, given that they portray different stages of the overall story. Jimenez's art was very grand and detailed, which fits the goddesses and gods and Hyppolita's unreal journey, while Ha's art has a more down-to-earth feeling, so whenever something otherworldly happens - like Artemis appearing - it feels very special.

Tarpeia is the breakout star of this issue. I can't wait to see where her decision brings her. And, damn, I wanted to slap Apollo so badly at the end of this, lol.

I'm definitely hyped for #3, and I hope the whole saga is going to be greenlit even if it 3 issues at a time.

Does anyone know when it would be likely when they will greenlit? I take it after book 3 comes out ?

Probably not until after third issue or when the trade is collected.

Project will probably be like the EO books or White Knight series where the actual series won't be complete for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Probably not until after third issue or when the trade is collected.

Project will probably be like the EO books or White Knight series where the actual series won't be complete for years.
    I don't think it will take years has the original white knight series was 2017 to 2018 and the other series came after that. So I don't think it will take years.