Page 98 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1885
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That is the hope, yes.
    Yes. Even from a business persective, it pays to have a prestigious series (and it helps this one deserves all the praise).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel like Phil Jiminez is likely the frontrunner.

It deserves to win everything. Kelly Sue made a story full of gravitas and guttural rage and inspiration.

I'm surprised that Book One counts as "stand alone" but I'm happy that it does
    I'm hoping they choose craft over popularity. Because honestly, nobody comes close to Jimenez's work in HISTORIA.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

I feel like Phil Jiminez is likely the frontrunner.

It deserves to win everything. Kelly Sue made a story full of gravitas and guttural rage and inspiration.

I'm surprised that Book One counts as "stand alone" but I'm happy that it does
    I’d say it technically does “stand alone” in that you could read it and feel like you get a full story. But honestly it kinda seems like they were willing to bend the definition a bit just to recognize it.

The fact that it got this many noms after just 1 issue is bananas and absolutely well-deserved. Both volumes are among the best comics I’ve read and everyone involved is so clearly, deeply proud of it. I hope Gene Ha gets some love next year (and if Nicola’s work is up to her usual standard, her as well)!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdvYl9hO8Fc/
    So, #WWHistoria #Vol1 was nominated for four #EisnerAwards this year, including one for my queen @kellysued for Best Writer, and one for me (!) for Best Artist.

I’m pretty thrilled about it.

Everyone who worked on this project busted their asses in incalculable ways, including editors @andykhouri, @whattheshea, and @logovisual — and colorists @evergreenfajardo, @arifprianto.arf, and #HiFiColor. And letterer @claytoncowles, who was also nominated!

The Eisners are the biggest awards in our industry, a bit like our Academy Awards — and Will Eisner was my teacher back in college, which makes this even more special.

Very grateful indeed. I guess I’d better book my flight to San Diego for #SDCC

Extraordinary Member

DC made a few of the Eisner nominees free to read on DC Universe Infinite - wish they had done it for Historia as well, though I suppose you could argue that anyone who was interested in it has probably already read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    DC made a few of the Eisner nominees free to read on DC Universe Infinite - wish they had done it for Historia as well, though I suppose you could argue that anyone who was interested in it has probably already read it.
    I think the real reason is that Historia is an oversized prestige-format book that took several years to make. There's a reason why it's about double the price of a standard monthly.

If anything the decision not to put it on DC Infinite shows that they expect renewed hype - it means they still see sales potential.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

That's gorgeous. I'm praying for a September release.

Also, I think that's Demeter approaching Hera. Kelly Sue said there would be an exchange between Hera and Demeter at one point in this issue, and Hera will say something especially bitchy.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That's gorgeous. I'm praying for a September release.

Also, I think that's Demeter approaching Hera. Kelly Sue said there would be an exchange between Hera and Demeter at one point in this issue, and Hera will say something especially bitchy.
    Think it might be one of Hera's attendants/daughters that was in the background of some pages in the first issue.

Yup looks beautiful. But now I'm wondering how Nicola will fit this story since I assumed it was gonna be a really violent book (since it's the start of theif conflict with Hercules). She seems like a softer touch. But I'm probably saying nonsense and it will be a perfect fit

Extraordinary Member

Yup looks beautiful. But now I'm wondering how Nicola will fit this story since I assumed it was gonna be a really violent book (since it's the start of theif conflict with Hercules). She seems like a softer touch. But I'm probably saying nonsense and it will be a perfect fit
    She has the range to pull it off, have you read Black Magick? Maybe not the level of violence you're talking about but stuff does get pretty dark at times in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    She has the range to pull it off, have you read Black Magick? Maybe not the level of violence you're talking about but stuff does get pretty dark at times in that book.
    She also did Secret Six back in the day which didn't exactly call for a "soft touch." I think she just does faces so well that people forget she has range, and in fairness she's an absolute star when it comes to to conveying drama through expressions.

It also seems like this issue is gonna cover a lot more than the Heracles stuff (and I don't think Kelly Sue is gonna soften that up, considering this is explicitly the story of how the Amazons lost their battle with the gods). Gene Ha tweeted something vague that made it sound like as a whole vol. 3 is going to be much more uplifting than either of the previous installments - I assume it's going to have a lot to do with building up Themyscira/the united Amazons and then maybe Diana's birth.

That panel is absolutely gorgeous though - hard to imagine breezing past that in any context! And I love that they change the colorists as well as pencillers, really gives each volume its own distinct identity.

Last edited by Gaius; 06-07-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

And it was the "bitch" line in volume 1 that made me drop the book series. Also the art was way too much, despite how amazing it is (I don't follow any awards, but I hope Phil Jimmenz wins). However, I'm glad people love the book. Hopefully it'll make DC Comics put out even more WW content.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    And it was the "bitch" line in volume 1 that made me drop the book series. Also the art was way too much, despite how amazing it is (I don't follow any awards, but I hope Phil Jimmenz wins). However, I'm glad people love the book. Hopefully it'll make DC Comics put out even more WW content.
    Why? (10char)
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor