Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...yder-dc-metal/

https://nerdist.com/batman-last-knig...r-sean-murphy/

Lone Wolf and Cub: The shogun’s executioner wife is murdered and he leaves after being falsely accused and takes to wandering the countryside as an assassin—along with his infant son—helping those he encounters while seeking vengeance for his murdered wife.
    Also, isn't there a clear implication that this will be the endgame for the (in my opinion morally horrifying) cloning plot Snyder's been playing with for four years?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Also, isn't there a clear implication that this will be the endgame for the (in my opinion morally horrifying) cloning plot Snyder's been playing with for four years?
    I don't recall Snyder outright saying that, but I'd bet it is addressed in some way...this running Snyder theme of Batman's interest in immortality via cloning or whatever. I share your dim view of it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-09-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I don't recall Snyder outright saying that, but I'd bet it is addressed in some way...this running Snyder theme of Batman's interest in immortality via cloning or whatever. I shared your dim view of it.
    I mean, if Batman wakes up young, he's got to either be doing some serious dionysium (or whatever that madeup fake Lazarus Pit stuff was), or a clone.

I'm just so sick of Snyder acting like this is the coolest plan ever, when it's actually creating an army of slaves...which is evil...which is the opposite of Batman...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm just so sick of Snyder acting like this is the coolest plan ever, when it's actually creating an army of slaves...which is evil...which is the opposite of Batman...
    Well, to the extent Tec #27 matters and I think it does, it does say that if Bruce ever really got this program going, the clones wouldn't be slaves quite like you suggest, they can walk out and not be Batman. Bruce designed it all to have the out option.

I think what bothers me more is Batman so entertaining this stuff. Cheating death like some gothic villain. None of the philosophies and far flung martial arts Batman studied would let him much consider this selfish abomination of nature. Morrison in #700 painted a much better vision of what Batman's idea of immortality would be (simply inspiring others to fight on as Batman).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-09-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Snyder's on Batman is always great for me

While the DC Black Label sounds good, I certainly hope it is not 1 issue every year (if we were lucky)

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    I certainly hope it is not 1 issue every year (if we were lucky)
    I very much expect issues to come out every 2 or 3 months probably at the farthest (farthest apart). Unless Jim Lee does something, then...maybe 1 issue every year.

BANNED

If this is based on Lone Wolf and Cub then shouldn't it be about Bruce and Damian or Alfred and Bruce instead of Joker and Bruce?

I like Snyder but his Joker obsession really prevents his stories from reaching the level they should. DOTF should have been his only Joker story. Joker doesn't need to be part of Batman's origin( Year One didn't have him), he shouldn't be responsible for Bruce's death/inability to continue/giving the mantle to someone else(Knightfall and Final Crisis didn't have him). And now he's been forced here after just used the Batman Who Laughs in Metal and in Batman/Shadow with Orlando. C'mon man, stop forcing him in to every type of story.

Amazing Member

Just a reminder, there was a scene from Last Knight on Earth in Batman: Lost, with the Damian Wayne gang.

BANNED

The one where he led the Hawkpeople?

Amazing Member

Yep. There was also a tease to No Justice in that comic, on the bookshelf.

BANNED

Damian has a gang?

BANNED

Eh Bruce was having visions in that comic, yeah there was scene in a future world where Damian was leader of a Hawkgang. There's no direct indication that Last Knight will be a continuation of that. But seeing as other scenes were references to Golden Age and Morrison's Return of Bruce Wayne and there was even a Batman and Harley in space squnce could be seen as a tease to No Justice so I guess this particular scene could well be a Last Knight tease.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

We were supposed to get Snyder/Sean Murphy Batman Last Knight, but that has changed to become Batman: Last Knight on Earth by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, part of DC's new DC Black Label, the label which will launch in August with Miller's Superman: Year One (no word as to when this Snyder arc will start).

Anyway, it appears this may be the last Snyder/Capullo Batman project for a good bit of time. Maybe the last Batman (outside of JL) Snyder stuff for a good bit.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-unveil...label-imprint/

Man, I wanted Snyder/Sean Murphy.
    I'm okay with either one. They're both amazing artists.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

Cannot wait for this!

I am looking forward to this Series, well all the Black Label books coming out
    I AM GOOT