Default Did PowerGirl and Firestorm make their Rebirth debut in Green Lanterns 40?

So in green lanterns 40 there is a page that shows Firestorm assisting with a natural disaster.
    And PowerGirl is also seen on this page.
    Is this the first appearance of these two characters in Rebirth or have they shown up before?
    Firestorm looks to be the white version and power girl has her boob window.
    I have no clue about firestorm but last I saw of PowerGirl was in Earth 2 did she come back?
    It just seems odd that dc would reintroduced these two characters with so little fan fare.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Powergirl showed up in a recent issue of Deathstroke. Her and the new Powergirl (Tanya) were stuck inbetween dimensions I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Powergirl showed up in a recent issue of Deathstroke. Her and the new Powergirl (Tanya) were stuck inbetween dimensions I think.
    Yep. Well, more like her and Tanya's soul/consciousness are trapped there.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think we can chalk that up to editorial miscommunication, which will be explained away as time shenanigans.

Yeah, they probably should've drawn Tanya instead of Karen there.

Firestorm was merely in limbo, having been part of the New 52 Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

so is this original earth two power girl or the new 52 earth 2 power girl thats back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    so is this original earth two power girl or the new 52 earth 2 power girl thats back.

Looks like they are using classic earth 2 Karen,because new 52 earth 2 Karen wears the S on her chest instead if the boob window

Fantastic Member

cool i always like original power girl now if only they would bring back the rest of the classic pre crisis earth.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Looks like they are using classic earth 2 Karen,because new 52 earth 2 Karen wears the S on her chest instead if the boob window
    I don't think so. The classic Power Girl had no ties to Tanya and it looked like this Power Girl knew Tanya so that would make her the Nu52 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think we can chalk that up to editorial miscommunication, which will be explained away as time shenanigans.
    I adhere to this explanation.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't think so. The classic Power Girl had no ties to Tanya and it looked like this Power Girl knew Tanya so that would make her the Nu52 version.

Well then the artist needs to draw her the right way then,cause all we see in GLs and deathstoke is classic PG