Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I heard of the Jojo reference and I can see it. Also we need more casual Outlaws.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

If the hat was somehow shifting sideways and Jason was wearing a coat I would have screamed JoJo in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You people see the Arkham Knight Genesis comic design, but I, for one, see how much he looks like Jotaro Kujo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I don't remember the AK comics, probably because I read them in a rush, but for me he really has an uncanny resemblance.
    Here's that Arkham panel, I was referring to

and Oooh yeah Jotaro, my fave. Could very well be a jojo reference as well.

Hell it wouldn't be the first time Soy has made a wink and nod to the series

I... haven't watched Jojo. *hang head in shame*

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I... haven't watched Jojo. *hang head in shame*
    Thats okay. Heres the visual nods from the series.

Jotaro Kujo, one of the main characters from the series and the character people are likening to Jasons hat and stance.

(Similar to Jason, Jotaro is a blue eyed black haired guy who looks 'rough' and mature, but is actually still a teen. Also has the habit of looking really cool and dramatically pointing at everything :P)

And here is that Black Mask and Bizarro reference. A Jojo with their Stand.

In the series, that ghostly entity behind the characters is known as a 'Stand'. (Here's the wiki description) It is viewed as a physical manifestation of the User's fighting spirit. A Stand generally presents itself as a figure hovering near the user and possesses abilities beyond that of an ordinary human, which, depending on the Stand User, can be wielded for good or evil.

BANNED

Another Jojo reference? Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Here's that Arkham panel, I was referring to
    [...]

and Oooh yeah Jotaro, my fave. Could very well be a jojo reference as well.
    [...]

Hell it wouldn't be the first time Soy has made a wink and nod to the series
    [...]

Yeah, definitely, I could see being the case of a double call back and reference to both things.
    I love this book, christ. So, so, so much fun.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-14-2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: let's drop the pics out

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

In the series, that ghostly entity behind the characters is known as a 'Stand'. (Here's the wiki description) It is viewed as a physical manifestation of the User's fighting spirit. A Stand generally presents itself as a figure hovering near the user and possesses abilities beyond that of an ordinary human, which, depending on the Stand User, can be wielded for good or evil.
    @G-Potion, if you've played the Persona videogames, the concept it's something like in those (in fact, a lot of people compare both JoJo and Persona, funny enough).

Although I would say that, taking into account all of Jason's traits, he's more like young Joseph (Jotaro's grandpa) rather than Jotaro, to be fair. But in any case, being on purpose or not, those dramatic poses and stands Soy is pulling are worthy a JoJo

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    @G-Potion, if you've played the Persona videogames, the concept it's something like in those (in fact, a lot of people compare both JoJo and Persona, funny enough).

Although I would say that, taking into account all of Jason's traits, he's more like young Joseph (Jotaro's grandpa) rather than Jotaro, to be fair. But in any case, being on purpose or not, those dramatic poses and stands Soy is pulling are worthy a JoJo
    Ah, Joseph, my second favourite.
    Even though I'm more fond of Stardusters Crusade (it was the first one I ever came across so), I gotta admit, you do have a point about him being Jason-esque. He had some pretty cool and fun moments as a younger Jojo. spoilers:
    like when he crashes his own funeral XD
    end of spoilers

Not to seriously box any of these characters, but since we're just havin fun with comparisons I'd place Jason as being a mix of Joseph and Jotaro. Josephs got the 'ready to fight you anytime' attitude, but he's not as serious or controlled enough to really be like Jason. Whereas Jotaro I think has a bit more poise and can still be subtle and underhanded with his jabs, (Like Jason). So yeah, a mix of the two
    Last edited by RedBird; 03-14-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Yeah, Joseph is so fun to read. He is my first, to be honest. Jotaro is so serious; which can be actually quite comical as well, at least for me. But also, with him, you have the perfect foil for all the others in the cast of Stardust Crusaders.

Oops! Edited: yeah, definitely, I can see how Jason feels like a mix of both. He also has the quipness and sass of Joseph and is as resourceful as him, but also has the dramatic sense of Jotaro, and his stubbornness as well as the points you already stated. I have to agree now.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-14-2018 at 09:10 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Ah, those Arkham Knight and Jojo references. I really enjoyed the issue and am glad to see the Bizarro situation coming to a head here. Can't wait for the next issue to see what will happen between Artemis and whichever Bizarro that is on the last page. I also am voting for more downtime for the Outlaws. I really liked seeing that this issue.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

@RedBird and @Zaresh: Coool! Thanks, you guys are super helpful! Apparently I have a lot to catch up on besides FMA.

BANNED

Ok, I didn`t reminded me of the pointing at things part. That is Jojo. It was just easier to draw the Arkham Genesis parallells because Soy was also the artist in the book.

Now, that page with Mask and Bizarro needs an upgrade

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Ok, I didn`t reminded me of the pointing at things part. That is Jojo. It was just easier to draw the Arkham Genesis parallells because Soy was also the artist in the book. Now, that page with Mask and Bizarro needs an upgrade
    ha this is awesome!

Spectacular Member

Just read this issue. They all look so pretty, especially Artemis!

I remember there were some discussions in Jason's appreciation thread that Jason on his own could be more self-destructive or darker when his friends are not involved. But this issue shows very clearly that Bizarro had gone far more progressive. He almost gassed those henchmen to death. Back to the first few Rebirth issues when some of Black Mask's henchmen were begging for their lives, their boss simply blew their heads off. Jason was at the scene and his monologue was: That's harsh, even for me.

And it's also interesting to think that Willis Todd used to be like those henchmen. When Ben realized that he was about to die, his last thoughts were about Emma. It's really sad. I hope there could be a couple of more panels to properly end the 'henchmen jobfair & death trap' in this luxury hotel.

By the way, it's funny to think how two-face's reference letter would be like. Maybe one paragraph tells you that this guy is your capable and loyal right-hand man, the other just says you are about to hire a dumbass.