Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Or if Forge or Storm are free then they'd have a shaman or a goddess to help...

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I will never understand what Remender did to Havok. It was supposed to be "his chance to shine", but he absolutely destroyed the character. Remender left him with a dead daughter, the face half burned, morally inverted, and as a symbol of being the mutie pet of the Avengers (something Wolverine has also been)
    The morally inverted and face half burned I'll give you, but Kang just took his daughter though since Remender left, she's likely confined to the same character limbo that Ian Rodgers was lost to after the Hail Hydra Secret Wars mini. But the mutie pet Avenger, not even close. Due to the longwinded nature of Remender's arcs, we didn't get to see Havok develop as a leader in the same way that we did with Rogue over the span of the 2 volumes of the book. The opening section had demonstrated that just putting the group together didn't automatically make them a working team and had they actually gotten to be fleshed out, he would have probably had a chance to shine. The problem is that Marvel forced him to expand his original plans with Red Onslaught into a full blown event which caused plans to change and ended with Havok being removed from the book and Bendis getting him and do nothing with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or if Forge or Storm are free then they'd have a shaman or a goddess to help...
    They literally have Magik and her Soul Sword who could solve this in an instant.

Mighty Member

Havok is still inverted? Geez..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    And YIKES:

... talk about flippin' the switch, that's some serious role reversal, right there.
    Just like his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    They literally have Magik and her Soul Sword who could solve this in an instant.
    If they really wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Not a whole lot of new info, other than the possibility raised of this Malice being AU, as you mentioned. This was the snippet I liked best, tho:
    Regarding that quote you posted-

Did I miss something? At what point has free will vs pre destination been explored through Emma and Polaris in X-Men blue?

I seriously have no idea what this is referencing. I’ve also never heard of malice. I feel like I’m missing something.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Did I miss something? At what point has free will vs pre destination been explored through Emma and Polaris in X-Men blue?

I seriously have no idea what this is referencing. I’ve also never heard of malice. I feel like I’m missing something.
    Malice is a Marauder who possessed the body of Polaris during the Uncanny X-Men of the 1980s.
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Malice is a Marauder who possessed the body of Polaris during the Uncanny X-Men of the 1980s.

Ohhh thanks.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member

And then again briefly for like one issue or part of it back in the 90's right after Madrox's "death" due to the Legacy Virus and Haven's attempt to cure him...

Really looking forward to this arc. Bunn has set a lot of things up with Havok, Emma, Magneto, and Polaris. But there hasn't been much movement to that story due to everything going on with the O5. Now that they're caught up in Venomized, this is a good opportunity to further that story. I have high hopes for it, especially since Havok hasn't really gotten much attention since Death of X. I also hope that this story somehow puts Emma Frost back into the spotlight with the X-books. With Jean Grey back, her presence can only help.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Sorry, it was taken out of conteXt. This should help:

... Marvel.com: What’s going on with Malice and Polaris, and what’s the history there?

Cullen Bunn:
    Polaris and Malice have a long history. Years ago, the psionic entity of Malice possessed Polaris and turned her against her friends. Now, thanks to Miss Sinister, Malice is back! Way back in the early issues of X-MEN: BLUE, Jean Grey found a necklace containing the Malice entity. Malice was meant to possess Jean…but she’s now found her way to Polaris. The question is, in a world of doppelgangers, is this the Malice we knew from before?...

... Marvel.com: This young Blue team have now been lost in time and space…sounds like a metaphors are afoot!

Cullen Bunn:
    Absolutely right! Growing up and finding a place in the world is a turbulent and trying endeavor for each and every young person. Hell, it’s difficult for most of us throughout our lives. This is a big theme for the X-Men. They are in a world where they, quite literally, don’t belong. They have impossible role models in…themselves…and they can’t see how they would ever become those people. In some cases, the people they are supposed to become seem horrible to them. It’s a story of destiny and a teen’s struggle to avoid said fate.

Marvel.com: Speaking of story themes, how do fan favorites Polaris and Emma Frost fit in with the idea of “destiny versus free will” that this series has been exploring?

Cullen Bunn:
    An interesting pair you’ve picked for this question. For one, the theme of free will is overt. Polaris is in danger of being possessed by Malice. She must struggle against that if she wants to be herself. For Emma, she struggles against destinies of her own making. She started out as a villain. She became a teacher. She became a hero. Then, because of a terrible loss, she became a villain again. The story in the next few issues will show what she decides she must be…and if those around her will accept it. ...
    For Polaris & Emma, I think it's more about what's on deck & will happen to them (in this upcoming 6-part 'Cry Havok' arc, AND it's supposed 2-part epilogue, tentatively titled 'Mothervine'), as opposed to what's already been done so far. Which I think even they (the creators) would agree, has mostly been set-up, that's all been leading up to THIS:

... On March 14, writer Cullen Bunn and artist Jorge Molina trap the mutants on a spaceship, pit Polaris against the body-snatching Malice, and put the future of the enigmatic Emma Frost up for grabs. ...
    ... culmination.
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍ASTONISHing2
    andBLUE

My Mutant Muses TRIFECTA! Heroine Addict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Just like his brother.
    In more ways than one, insecurity & self-doubt being chief among them. But they're different too, and not eXactly a matching set OR... interchangeable, really, IMO. They bring enough things to the table, that are distinct to them alone, and set 'em apart.
    My TOP XMen Faves
    PolarisDazzler
    I
    CEMAN♂♀Dani MoonstarArchangel
    MagnetoSunfire

THE GiFTED💚💚NewMUTANTS💙Dk.Phoenix
    😍ASTONISHing2
    andBLUE

Incredible Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Just reading it's six parts with an AU Malice/Polaris angle added in, makes it sounds bloated to me.

I always found Malice to be one-dimensional, so it never interested me during the original possession. Maybe Bunn wants to add some kind of depth to it.

Rehabilitation attempt of 80s Claremont plot thread take three.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-10-2018 at 11:19 AM.

It is a shame nobody cared that much about Havok to change him back since Axis. I hope this is the final chapter of Inverted Alex.