Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    It is a shame nobody cared that much about Havok to change him back since Axis. I hope this is the final chapter of Inverted Alex.
    For what it’s worth, Soule said that Havok wasn’t inverted for IvX (and it read like that). But is consistency in the X-books worth it if I t means the X-office has to do something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    It is a shame nobody cared that much about Havok to change him back since Axis. I hope this is the final chapter of Inverted Alex.
    I think it's a pretty safe bet, as one way or another, that's probably gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    For what it’s worth, Soule said that Havok wasn’t inverted for IvX (and it read like that). But is consistency in the X-books worth it if I t means the X-office has to do something?
    While his portrayal in both Death of X and IvX didn’t really seem inverted, all of his appearances since then have him acting like a mustache twirling asshole who would willingly use lethal force on the O5 and turn over Scott to Emma which is far from in character for him. At this point, the only excuses they have are that he’s either still inverted or being mentally controlled by Emma in a similar way to how Xavier jr controlled his Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While his portrayal in both Death of X and IvX didn’t really seem inverted, all of his appearances since then have him acting like a mustache twirling asshole who would willingly use lethal force on the O5 and turn over Scott to Emma which is far from in character for him. At this point, the only excuses they have are that he’s either still inverted or being mentally controlled by Emma in a similar way to how Xavier jr controlled his Brotherhood.
    But it has all been under one writer.

Ultimate Member

Which then only makes it that much more confusing and messed up...

Astonishing Member

Lol, one writer says he's inverted one says he's not, oh Marvel...

I did not know Soule said that, so by reading the book, I imagined Alex was inverted in IvX, just not a villian exactly. Because he was pretty different from his "normal self" either way.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Not only has Havok been written pretty different compared to IvX and BLUE but so has Emma Frost when you compare her appearance in Jean Grey #9 to BLUE. I get the sense Bunn may not fully be in "the loop" here?

Frankly I'm someone who liked the Inversion concept for both Havok and Sabretooth.

For Havok it was good as a way to finally get him away from his ridiculous posture of denying mutation totally and assimilating into the Borg/Avengers hivemind.

For Sabretooth it gave him MUCH needed depth of characterization and allowed for a positive focus finally.

So I'm in no hurry at all to undo either of those actually.

For Emma she obviously was never magically morally inverted but just suffered extreme trauma when Cyke died in that asinine and anticlimactic and just offensive way. Super terrible writing and part of the effort to keep on damaging X-brand clearly. Emma being villainous is nothing but a sideeffect of the attempts to further damage the brand. With the announcement of Disney acquiring 21st Century Fox, I see no reason and neither apparently does Marvel Publishing, to continue on this. So Emma will almost for sure for sure return to being more of a snarky sassy but ultimately "heroic" character. It's just unfortunate it came a bit too late for poor Cyclops.

Although it wasn't the "best look" really, given the social situation these days, for the leader of the X-Men to continue being a "cis white male" and all that. Wolverine is even worse of course so I'm fine with Jean being the overall leader for a while.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 03-09-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

... At this point, the only excuses they have are that he’s either still inverted or being mentally controlled by Emma in a similar way to how Xavier jr controlled his Brotherhood.
    ... in a world of doppelgangers, is this the Malice we knew from before?...
    OR, maybe this...

... has been...

D

But it has all been under one writer.
    Actually it’s been 2-3. Death of X and IvX were Soule with Lemire for the latter while everything since has been Bunn.

Actually it’s been 2-3. Death of X and IvX were Soule with Lemire for the latter while everything since has been Bunn.
    According to Soule, he was no longer inverted in IvX. Since then he’s only been written by Bunn who says he is inverted.

BANNED

IDK...

ComicsAlliance.com, Everything Changed Forever! What You Missed If You Didn't Read 'Inhumans Versus X-Men'

This week saw the conclusion to the titanic clash...

.. After almost being brought down by Black Bolt and Medusa, Emma is rescued by Havok, Cyclops' brother, who is still inverted to the side of "evil" from Axis all those years ago. ...
    MultiversityComics.com, TerragenX: “Inhumans vs. X-Men” #5
    ... Ken: ... I guess we should talk about a big scene here: Havok. Oh Havok. Correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t he still inverted from the whole AXIS event from a while back... ?

Jess: ... have no idea. To be honest...
    Did find this, though:

ComicBook.com, Exclusive: Charles Soule Discusses Death Of X's Twist Ending
    ... It’s obvious that Havok should attend his brother’s funeral, but at the same time, it also feels like he may have been used as a cipher for the readers, voicing some of the fan theories about what “really” happened to Cyclops. How was that closing scene conceived, and why was Havok chosen for it?

CS:
    That was Jeff’s idea, and I think it’s great. Havok really should be at his brother’s funeral, and it was a perfect opportunity to lay out what Emma had done to someone who would probably be pretty sympathetic to her. After all, Havok’s pretty reactionary and intense in his own right. ...
    Maybe Soule wrote Havok with the intention of him not being inverted, but it wasn't ever implicitly stated within the story itself, so left to interpretation & still open-ended... possibly?

According to Soule, he was no longer inverted in IvX. Since then he’s only been written by Bunn who says he is inverted.
    Yea which is where the inconsistency lies. We’ve got 2 writers says complete opposite things.

I mean the issue comes more from Bendis not following up on the continuity from Axis than anywhere else. He gave both Lemire and Soule an excuse as to disregard the continuity. Thankfully Bunn isn't willing to let that remain unresolved- I think it helps that he was really involved in Axis (writing what were probably the most necessary tie-ins), so he clearly doesn't want to just hand wave that event away.

BANNED

I'm still not seein' where Soule explicitly stated that his Havok wasn't inverted, tho? Anybody gotta link to a quote?